The Official NBA Season Thread

Well yeah ya'll right about that part but he was there over a decade and signed like 3 deals.

So...

friday-movie-that-was-different.gif

I don't see why people are taking issue with what the Blazers did given Dame's demands.

If the Blazers didn't move him this year they would only be in the same spot next off season.

Dame lost control of everything when he publicly demanded a trade solely to the lowlifes of south beach. Showed his hand, Mia came thru w/ all their hubris all summer, and Portland wasn’t given much to work with.

Hard for dude to complain about his new situation but still he’s not where he wanted to be. I don’t doubt he wanted to win and have fun in a better market. Jimmy Butler def not happy. Nice to see Riles failing when the chance arrives. Tho it’s not over cuz Jrue is still an option for the opps.

There’s gotta be bad blood between them so maybe can scratch Mia of the board. Boston is thin and could really use his services. Hate it. Bk is Bk. Hate it a bit less. Philly is homecoming. Don’t mind it tbh. Clipset? Interesting.

Stay out west if you’re not coming here breh 🙏

Player empowerment kind of is ruining the league.

These guys get paid an astronomical amount of money now (they deserve it that’s not what I’m complaining about) but they’re can’t have it both ways and fan loyalty to teams is what drives sports leagues.

Dame got traded to a team that is now the Vegas title favorite and people have the audacity to act like Portland did him wrong.

The pendulum has swung too far in the other direction now.

I'm pro player always will be.

If Dame was washed Portland would drop him in a heart beat, why he can't have a say in who he plays for? Regular citizens get to choose who they work for correct, and the better you are at your job the more control you have to choose who your work for.

He chose to play for the Portland Trailblazers through 2024-2025 when he signed that super max extension last summer that no one forced him to sign but himself.

James Harden chose to play for the Philadelphia 76ers this upcoming season when he opted in to his final year rather than hit free agency.

Regular citizens who are really good at their job also often have non-compete and/or lock up clauses that prevent them from going exactly where they want too because they opted into a contract stipulating such. It’s actually a lot harder for regular citizens because it may require an industry change

We talk about Harden but dude never explicitly said trade me to Brooklyn. He threw on the fat suit, said he’s done and gave a list of preferred teams

All Dame had to do is, say I’m done and give a list of teams he prefers. Miami, Philly, NY (the usual bs) and just chill

Hasn't James said Clippers this offseason though? Also throwing out a list of teams, is saying trade me here or to one of these.

He chose to play for the Portland Trailblazers through 2024-2025 when he signed that super max extension last summer that no one forced him to sign but himself.

James Harden chose to play for the Philadelphia 76ers this upcoming season when he opted in to his final year rather than hit free agency.

Regular citizens who are really good at their job also often have non-compete and/or lock up clauses that prevent them from going exactly where they want too because they opted into a contract stipulating such. It’s actually a lot harder for regular citizens because it may require an industry change
Eh

There's a pretty remarkable difference between Dame's and Harden's situations

No reason you have to apply black and white rules to this topic

Guys like Garnett and Lilliard gave their sole organizations 11, 12 years of pretty loyal play

Harden has been on many teams already and screwed himself by being an idiot. Not the same

But going back to Garnett, Lillard types- I don't see the issue with them directing their next chapters on different teams post 30 years old. If there's a such thing as "earned", they built up to that right

Dame went about it in an objectively cringe way, true. That doesn't take away from anything I wrote though

It's absurd to expect any pro athlete to turn down $ with how quickly their playing career can end. Dame earned the supermax and he had every right to sign it.

A year later assessing Portland's current direction it's also fair for him to not want to be there any longer as well. I don't think any player should be forced to play in a particular city. Whether it's Ben Simmons, James Harden, or Dame. If someone wants out and there is a team they want to play for let them.

Back
Top Bottom