The Official NBA Season Thread

Derrick Jones shouldn’t play a single minute for this team barring injuries, let alone start. Those minutes should be allocated to OMax off the bench.

Lively needs to start and play 30 minutes.

Green should also be starting.

Luka
Cryrie
Green
Grant
Lively

Curry/THJ/OMax/Kleber off bench. Hardy if the team needs a spark.
The obviously small sample size efficiency splits for that group last night are... wild.

And that's with Green maybe being the worst defender on the floor last night.

OMax looked in pre-season like he may need some time in the incubator. He may actually spend some time in the G.

These “more skilled” discussions are always funny because they’re usually focused on a very narrow set of things basketball players do, like shooting and dribbling and don’t account for a bunch of other stuff that can make some a good/great player.

Other than Wemby’s shot being better/prettier than LeBron’s was when he was a rookie (or even than it is now), not really sure how he’s shown his overall “skills” are far more advanced. Silliness.

Y’all told me Sochan was good… dude is awful.

He’s more worried about putting color in his hair. I want him off my team

The Polish Ben Simmons

Did you see Kuz’s hair? Dude look like he got a gunshot wound to the head. :lol:

IMG_1928.jpeg

Im pretty sure I saw it on the back of his head too. I know its kissy lips but it looks wild on TV. :lol:

Last edited:
what are the overreactions after two nights?
nba showing why they are the best with creative storylines and drama

Creating from the perimeter is literally Vic's game :lol:. It's not some gimmick, it's what he grew up training and being coached to do. He was legitimately running PG for stretches with the Mets after they got rid of Waters. It's the whole reason he's considered such a great prospect
Is that the most efficient use of his skills now? with the ball on the perimeter . Heck KD wasn’t mixing like that till his MVP year .

These “more skilled” discussions are always funny because they’re usually focused on a very narrow set of things basketball players do, like shooting and dribbling and don’t account for a bunch of other stuff that can make some a good/great player.

Other than Wemby’s shot being better/prettier than LeBron’s was when he was a rookie (or even than it is now), not really sure how he’s shown his overall “skills” are far more advanced. Silliness.
A coach once told me. As basketball players theres 10 of you in the court and only one person has the ball. So you should work on parts of your game that does not involve the basketball.

There were a couple of goofy stretches for the Mavs D, but landing at a 111.8 defensive rating for the night says it wasn't all that bad.

Pace was ZOOMING by Luka standards, too.
This makes sense for the pace though— kidd needs to realize this

They have the players to play this style more than last season which they were dead last. It’s not about being even in the top 10 but…

They need to move out of the half court slog dribble dribble dribble everyone stare at luka and be more intentional with pushing it

They played Damb well in the half court last night too with luka willingly setting the table and then attacking when appropriate

Rockets are terrible, so hopefully we see a bit more from Wemby tomorrow. 25 should definitely be doable.

Next few games after that though he has Kawhi/BPG/KD/Siakam/OG/Barnes to deal with. Think it’ll be tough. Will be a good barometer though
HOU$TON HOU$TON it’s the first game— it’s a marathon bruv — but I feel ok about the rockets playoffs bet

This makes sense for the pace though— kidd needs to realize this

They have the players to play this style more than last season which they were dead last. It’s not about being even in the top 10 but…

They need to move out of the half court slog dribble dribble dribble everyone stare at luka and be more intentional with pushing it

They played Damb well in the half court last night too with luka willingly setting the table and then attacking when appropriate
Totally - mix this in when appropriate and land somewhere in the middle of the pack in pace.

Take some load off Luka offensively in the half court, and it should alleviate some of the transition defense issues, too.

Frankly, playing at a faster pace reduces Luka's opportunities to stop and *****, too.

Back
Top Bottom