The Official NBA Season Thread: Mikal Bridges traded to the Knicks

It is not Wiseman’s fault that the warriors are off to a bad start. Why is he being scapegoated?

I don't think he is being scapegoated for this season. Rather folks are stating that him being trash/the Warriors missing on that pick are the reason they will be bad for the foreseeable future and that the FO wasted elite Steph years. Which is also intellectually dishonest because just a year or two ago those SAME folks claimed Steph was aging out.

This is also a Joe Lacob vanity project and to keep costs (relatively) low. Don't think they expected to hand fat extensions to Wiggins and Poole 18 months ago.

I don't think he is being scapegoated for this season. Rather folks are stating that him being trash/the Warriors missing on that pick are the reason they will be bad for the foreseeable future and that the FO wasted elite Steph years. Which is also intellectually dishonest because just a year or two ago those SAME folks claimed Steph was aging out.
The folks claiming Steve was aging out were dudes that tend to root FOR the Warriors.

Brown.PNG

B Sox B Sox come get ya boy. Mans needs a Snickers and his reading glasses

It worked for James worthy. They came up on the #2 pick while still being in the middle of their title window. Under those circumstances it's realistic that they could extend their timeline and it was something their front office was open about. That doesn't happen often and they had a number of better decisions they could've made. Winning the championship last season is still an accomplishment but it's easy to see how they left money on the table
I thought about the Lakers but I was thinking more about Lakers draft choices between 1990 and Kobe. Worthy is closer to the beginning of Showtime to me than the end so I didn't see it as comparable.

We all agree the Warriors made a dumb draft decision. But knowing what I know now if I could go back in time and make the draft decision I'm making the same one. I just think the immediate outcome matters more than the potential ones.

That's just me though. I care about championship results over everything cuz the Knicks aint won in my lifetime so I'm always taking a guaranteed ring. If I Quantum Leaped into Pelinka I would've traded the whole young core for AD again too.

That's the whole point. They had a perfect opportunity to avoid that post dynasty drought and it appears that they goofed. Simple as that. Low key still have that opportunity if they bottom out this season

Did you missed Based Jesus Based Jesus ' whole post about who knows if they draft a better player if they win last year or not? If you were told "Draft Wiseman and we will guarantee you a ring in two years then see what happens or draft a better player and take your chances for the future" what are you going to do? I am doing the former but I don't gamble and I know you do so I can guess which one you would go with.

I thought about the Lakers but I was thinking more about Lakers draft choices between 1990 and Kobe. Worthy is closer to the beginning of Showtime to me than the end so I didn't see it as comparable.

We all agree the Warriors made a dumb draft decision. But knowing what I know now if I could go back in time and make the draft decision I'm making the same one. I just think the immediate outcome matters more than the potential ones.

That's just me though. I care about championship results over everything
cuz the Knicks aint won in my lifetime so I'm always taking a guaranteed ring. If I Quantum Leaped into Pelinka I would've traded the whole young core for AD again too.

All of this.

It is not Wiseman’s fault that the warriors are off to a bad start. Why is he being scapegoated?
I think it is nasty that Wiseman gets so much criticism, but the fact Poole got 140Ms and started regressing is being ignored

The Pro Poole Agenda is disgusting

Steph is under contract 3 more seasons after this one. Close to 70M expiring next season with Klay and Dray. Poole is trade eligible next year. Another golden opportunity to reload and extend their timeline. I think they'll do a better job of it this go round. All they gotta do is pull the plug..

This is also a Joe Lacob vanity project and to keep costs (relatively) low. Don't think they expected to hand fat extensions to Wiggins and Poole 18 months ago.

Brings to mind Jim Buss and Andrew Bynum

Did you missed Based Jesus Based Jesus ' whole post about who knows if they draft a better player if they win last year or not? If you were told "Draft Wiseman and we will guarantee you a ring in two years then see what happens or draft a better player and take your chances for the future" what are you going to do? I am doing the former but I don't gamble and I know you do so I can guess which one you would go with.
You missed my post about trading the pick? :lol: That was the no brainer move most people were expecting

Wiseman was the right choice because of the butterfly effect...interesting take

l-intro-1635444870.jpg

Reactions: MVP

antidope antidope said Steph was aging out...and only he said it.

MLGA and Bron's Brigade FAVORITE thing is to attribute that statement to "Warrior Fans in here" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom