The Official NBA Season Thread: Mikal Bridges traded to the Knicks

He's a ball stopper and he just doesn't know what he's doing half the time. Eventually the Magic realized they were better when he wasn't playing, so they stopped playing him.
Nuggets got a good look at him for 3 years. The fact that they gave up on him probably says a lot, although when he went on his little streak last year it was something to look back on

They also got rid of Bones for pretty much not fitting into their culture

Maybe it's all making sense now in terms of the off the court stuff

On the court I feel like he can be a spark off the bench. Even if he has tunnel vision and only wants to score it seems like if he has a passable attitude he could at least be in that role

Watching Mase sitting there cracking jokes...

ioneemno-pimp.gif

2023 and *****z hating on Tobias Harris lol Rubin wanted a J Cole lookalike and he’s the closest one

If not tomorrow, by the end of the week someone on ESPN is going to find a way to work the “Tobi attending Rubin’s white party” angle into the Philly/Dame trade discussions. Windy and others called him out for being a Crumbl Cookie franchise owner the day after his comments so I know this in their wheelhouse :lol:

Greatest PF I’ve ever seen play the game. Glad we traded him when we did though. You could see the decline coming.

BG and Grant Hill are exhibits 1a and 1b to me why NBA players should not try and play through injury, even in the playoffs. Can take years off a career.

Nuggets got a good look at him for 3 years. The fact that they gave up on him probably says a lot, although when he went on his little streak last year it was something to look back on

On the court I feel like he can be a spark off the bench. Even if he has tunnel vision and only wants to score it seems like if he has a passable attitude he could at least be in that role

Nuggets have their own culture too and guys have to buy in which Bones and Bol didn't do and MPJ almost didn't either

BG and Grant Hill are exhibits 1a and 1b to me why NBA players should not try and play through injury, even in the playoffs. Can take years off a career.
That's very true. The problem is the peer pressure amplified by the shock media pressure forces guys to do things that aren't helpful long term. As a Clippers fan like yourself, we know how disgusting the narrative was on Kawhi (Mad Dog and SAS were Disgusting). Injury prone guys aren't given the leeway which often makes them take chances just to stop the noise. Still remember the disgusting narrative around D. Rose when he was "cleared“ by team doctors but sat out. Really bad and got so bad that Noah and others had to come to his defense

That's very true. The problem is the peer pressure amplified by the shock media pressure forces guys to do things that aren't helpful long term. As a Clippers fan like yourself, we know how disgusting the narrative was on Kawhi (Mad Dog and SAS were Disgusting). Injury prone guys aren't given the leeway which often makes them take chances just to stop the noise. Still remember the disgusting narrative around D. Rose when he was "cleared“ by team doctors but sat out. Really bad and got so bad that Noah and others had to come to his defense

I'm old enough to remember when Cornbeard Maxwell was feeling pressure to play hurt

Last edited:

Played on a bad knee in the playoffs and was never the same again. Got **** on by the fans because he had nothing in his body the next season, then got bought-out.

As a Knicks fan that isn't very fond of Randle, his stats this past season aren't much different than these lol. I feel like those numbers can be found in any given season at the Forward position.

Blake that season: 25/8/5 on 46/36/75
Randle last season: 25/10/4 on 46/34/76

No hate on Blake but putting up those numbers on the god awful Pistons doesn't mean much to me when discussing Blake's talent level

He needs to learn how to play connective basketball, play defense, etc. Once he stopped playing above his head the Magic offense was terrible with him on the court.

He wants to be an iso scorer. I'm sure he's been repeatedly told that's not what his ideal role is. He just doesn't pay attention sometimes out there at all. Teams just don't want these guys anymore. It's as simple as I can say it.

Hopefully he figures it out next stop.

As a Knicks fan that isn't very fond of Randle, his stats this past season aren't much different than these lol. I feel like those numbers can be found in any given season at the Forward position.

No hate on Blake but putting up those numbers on the god awful Pistons doesn't mean much to me when discussing Blake's talent level

The fact that Blake turned himself into a good jump shooter that year is impressive enough

He was really good that season. You should go look at the roster. He took that roster to a .500 record and I believe they were the 8th seed. Was impressive.

Also got this gem from him that season.

1688525640318.gif

Back
Top Bottom