The Official NBA Season Thread: Mikal Bridges traded to the Knicks

"Never was supposed to leak"

lol-draymond-green.gif

Yea I feel the opposite. You don't give your main detractors ammo and having them playing in joke games with random regular humans is doing exactly that.

Yes, there are plenty of other people that could/should be targeted but this idea of giving up trying to legitimize the sport in the eyes of those that don't take it seriously isn't the move either.

All I am saying is don't make it easy for folks to dismiss the product and putting them in these settings doesn't do the league any favors whatsoever.
Nobody who has serious interest in the sport is saying “I would’ve watched it but seeing W players in the NBA celebrity all star game really turned me off”. To me, that’s just making excuses for people who weren’t going to watch anyways. The game is growing rapidly without those folks. You don’t need everyone to be fans.

Yeah not rolling with the “don’t let WNBA players play” thing. Detractors going to detract regardless. But trotting out Aja Wilson in any capacity is great as they are stewards of their game. Just like having Sabrina shoot against Steph. Visibility matters more than trying win over someone you’ll never win over.
Exactly, same dudes are likely saying “lower the rim to make it more exciting” or “they should really play in bra and panties”. It’s just thinly veiled sexism.

Nobody who has serious interest in the sport is saying “I would’ve watched it but seeing W players in the NBA celebrity all star game really turned me off”. To me, that’s just making excuses for people who weren’t going to watch anyways. The game is growing rapidly without those folks. You don’t need everyone to be fans.

The game isn't growing rapidly at all. But if you feel it is cool.

Back
Top Bottom