The Official NBA Thread

When you have to blitz Steph at 35 feet, who creates that offense?

Draymond was getting benched in late games that last finals series. Shoutout to Draymond, great compliment to god sons. Like Peter. He can run the offense but Steph is the offense

I get all that, but ITs point is more about running the offense. Which Dray mostly does.

Also the triangle offense doesn’t require a traditional PG, everyone knows when and how to pass. Hard to include MJ in this convo.

I still consider Steph the best PG ever, but the definition of a PG in this era and ITs is different.

Whatever you consider Allen Iverson that's what Steph is.
Not a 4x champion
I get all that, but ITs point is more about running the offense. Which Dray mostly does.

Also the triangle offense doesn’t require a traditional PG, everyone knows when and how to pass. Hard to include MJ in this convo.

I still consider Steph the best PG ever, but the definition of a PG in this era and ITs is different.
Except when you pick any year, over 30% and the majority of Steph’s plays are him in pick and roll. Like a point guard. He just unlocked that he’s just as deadly off the ball. Setting teammates up doesn’t have to come from you initiating every time down the court.

I don’t think big Zeke is hating but they tried to box him in too because he was a scorer and he did whatever it took for his team to win games.

Tbh I think this is IT trying protect his all time ranking because he knows Steph is better than him.

99% of the time your position is who you gaurd.

I honestly do not have the time to watch the film but where can I find who was the primary defender on Ja during the GS vs Memphis series prior to his injury in 2022? I want to see something.

Live footage of me realizing that Draymond is basically Rookie Year Magic in the Finals when Kareem went down.

splode.gif

Isiah really be on it. Every interview, he delivers.

I honestly do not have the time to watch the film but where can I find who was the primary defender on Ja during the GS vs Memphis series prior to his injury in 2022? I want to see something.

exceptions that prove the rule,
Steph is the PG, because on an average team that's who Steph is gunna gaurd.

obviously there are scenarios where, the opposing teams best player is the PG, and they have non threats at the 2 or 3, so you put him on the non threat.

but in a normal scenarios, Stephs is gunna gaurd the PG because that's who he can gaurd.

Draymond runs the offense so well that when Steph gets injured there is no offense

This is gold :rofl:

“Golden State doesn’t win those championships without draymond.”

This line really grinds my gears. Do People truly think Steph would be sitting on 0 championships if it weren’t for Draymond?

This line really grinds my gears. Do People truly think Steph would be sitting on 0 championships if it weren’t for Draymond?

Yes.

Zero, how many does Steph have prior to Draymond? I'll wait. This is also not a slight to Steph, Draymond would have zero without him too.

This is why everyone doesn't need a mic in front of them. Like Bean didn't pack them boys up in 5 in '08 at the old ages of 31, 30 and 25 respectively. Had a lot to say but never won back to back...miss me with the nonsense.

if gaurd sized player likes to post up, does that make him the center? No.

Adrian Dantley for example was primarily a post up guy, but was listed at SF. Why? because that's the position he could guard.
He couldn't guard PF's or C's especially back then when strength and size was more important.

The primary determinant of position is defense. all other factors are secondary.

Adrian Dantley for example was primarily a post up guy, but was listed at SF. Why? because that's the position he could guard.
He couldn't guard PF's or C's especially back then when strength and size was more important.

The primary determinant of position is defense. all other factors are secondary.

Using that logic Magic Johnson isn't a PG. Size is only used to determine a players position in middle school and rec league ball.

Nah ain't rocking with this

Championships are hard to win, there are all time greats who don't have them because they never find the right running mates.

Draymond fits so perfectly with that team. I think it's totally possible they never figure out the formula without Draymond.

I mean we haven't seen it so yea it is plausible. He's literally the perfect fit and engine for that team.

For his career in Finals games Draymond is putting up 12-9-7 while being the best defender on the floor.

Yet people still find a way to discredit his impact for the yellow man. It's NASTY. This is why KD left, you try to give anyone else credit besides Steph who only has *checks notes* 1 FMVP and it's an issue.

Using that logic Magic Johnson isn't a PG. Size is only used to determine a players position in middle school and rec league ball.

id say for the back half of his career Magic wasn't a PG.
he couldn't guard them anymore. we just continue to pretend because it messes up the historical narrative to not put him at PG.

they had to stop pretending for his comeback season when obviously he had zero hand of defending them.

Back
Top Bottom