The Official NBA Thread: Lakers Fire Darvin Ham

Cmon man, what if Irish people created some ridiculous religion claiming they were the real slaves in America and that black people were lying and controlling the information through their media influence?
How do you know that there aren’t black people that have said ancestry and that some of the people running around claiming that they are of said lineage aren’t fraudulent? Some of these individuals draw for this lineage like a cloak when it’s convenient and then quickly put it back in a closet like it is some accessory

Are there not people running around claiming to be Native American, but have been found out to be frauds?

Yeah my post was for the brothas.. I've come to realize that this site, well the internet in general, is majority non-black so I fully expect them to not understand nuances in situations like this nor do I ever expect them to see the black POV.. I mean how could they? But like you said they always offer their input and it's always condescending. Like you said, their tone says a lot. It just bothers me how they are so infatuated with our culture, our athletes etc. But whenever it comes to stuff like this these folks tend to always be against us. The doc was inaccurate and shared some bs and Kyrie denounced it publicly. Him getting suspended because he didn't answer a question the way "they" wanted him to is asinine.
601CA6FC-15EA-4EBD-8D56-F88F9382A41B.gif

I think Kyrie is wrong.

But…I found it a little concerning that he effectively did say he doesn’t endorse the movie, doesn’t identify as anti-Semitic and loves everyone.

But they specially wanted him to use the words “I’m sorry”

I woulda said sorry.

But bc he didn’t use the exact words they wanted, he is scum of the earth. thats where I get queesy and why I think most nba players chose not to comment bc they could be next.

He is clearly stubborn and probably is sorry but he has anti-oppositional mindset so that’s biting him in the ***.

also I don’t hold these athletes to the highest standards. Most are idiots so I’m not looking to them for guidance lol.

Last edited:
I think Kyrie is wrong.

But…I found it a little concerning that he effectively did say he doesn’t endorse the movie, doesn’t identify as anti-Semitic and loves everyone.

I woulda said sorry.

But bc he didn’t use the exact words they wanted, he is now worst than bin laden. thats where I get queesy and why I think most nba players chose not to comment bc they could be next.

He is clearly stubborn and probably is sorry but he has anti-oppositional mindset so that’s biting him in the ***.

also I don’t hold these athletes to the highest standards. Most are idiots so I’m not looking to them for guidance lol.
I was just getting ready to type something similar, it appears as though they already had a script prepared that they wanted him to read from or something, I don’t condone none of this, but even if Ky read the script, it would’ve come across as forced and no one would’ve believed the **** anyways. And them not taking his money means nothing, because was it really a monetary issue to even begin with……

I think Kyrie is wrong.

I woulda said sorry.

But bc he didn’t use the exact words they wanted, he is now worst than bin laden. thats where I get queesy and why I think most nba players chose not to comment bc they could be next.

****ty situation all around.
Legit don't know if he even watched that doc (personally think he didn't) but it was at best naive to think that it wouldn't make any sort of waves as a public figure at a time with heightened sensitivity in the public sphere regarding antisemitism with it being all over the news lately after the 'Ye business.

Giving your co-sign to that piece of media, which includes holocaust denial, at this specific time was the equivalent of Kanye daring Adidas to cancel him on Drink Champs :lol:

The uproar over it was easily predictable and him not apologizing like we knew he wouldn't only added more fuel to the fire around him. It's a terrible miscalculation and hustling backwards on his part but he might run with the fake martyr role now so maybe it won't even phase him.

How do you know that there aren’t black people that have said ancestry and that some of the people running around claiming that they are of said lineage aren’t fraudulent? Some of these individuals draw for this lineage like a cloak when it’s convenient and then quickly put it back in a closet like it is some accessory

Are there not people running around claiming to be Native American, but have been found out to be frauds?
3F69EAFE-99C3-4BC4-82F7-6B8DEB59599A.jpeg

So if Kyrie didn’t watch said movie why share it?

Like would you post Mein Kampf on your instagram if you didn’t read that ****?

Kyrie was asked a simple question

He could have answered simply apologized, and denounced antisemitism.

Like Amare said, if you made a mistake then apologize for it if you meant not to cause any harm

Kyrie instead wanted to play coy

Kinda shocked that they gave him 5 games (I would have guessed one or two if some told me they were suspending him) but mans was not taking this as seriously as he should have

Legit don't know if he even watched that doc (personally think he didn't) but it was at best naive to think that it wouldn't make any sort of waves as a public figure at a time with heightened sensitivity in the public sphere regarding antisemitism with it being all over the news lately after the 'Ye business.

Giving your co-sign to that piece of media, which includes holocaust denial, at this specific time was the equivalent of Kanye daring Adidas to cancel him on Drink Champs :lol:

The uproar over it was easily predictable and him not apologizing like we knew he wouldn't only added more fuel to the fire around him. It's a terrible miscalculation and hustling backwards on his part but he might run with the fake martyr role now so maybe it won't even phase him.
Never even googled the movie he promoted. Don’t know anything about it.

Warriors basically have to coach up 3 guys born after the year 2000 to a championship level in 1 season and it's their first time getting consistent run in the NBA. After letting 3 key vets walk in the summer. In a year where everybody is going at their neck, which is what makes it so difficult to repeat in the first place even with a squad of vets let alone sophomores. Not to mention the injuries to Klay's legs and Poole's chin. Would be truly impressive if they pulled it off

Back
Top Bottom