The Official NBA Thread

Thing is I'm not railing against the Lakers or taking shots at them

I'm taking a broad perspective of that season/Playoffs/Bubble
I get that and understand that, but everything was different during that whole time frame for everyone. I‘m not going to understand why it’s deserving of an asterisk when there was no true disadvantage to any player during that time. That‘s just my perspective.

I get that and understand that, but everything was different during that whole time frame for everyone. I‘m not going to understand why it’s deserving of an asterisk when there was no true disadvantage to any player during that time. That‘s just my perspective.
It was a completely different and unheard of set of circumstances incomparable to the history of the league :lol:

It absolutely counts.

Don’t see the issue with putting an asterisk by it though in the record books to signify those circumstances.

Remember the beginning of the season when everybody had their GM hat on and was acting like they knew how to build a proper team around Bron/AD. Where are those people now..? 🤔

What about the 2011-12 season?

The 98-99 season?

And what do we do when teams are missing their 2nd and 3rd best players?
the 98-99 season, sure- the regular season scheduling was wild

The 2011-2012 season not so much

Teams missing players no because the integrity of the season and entire league wasn't compromised overall

Exactly. An asterisk means a team had a advantage. Like the Pats spygate or some ****.

It was a completely different and unheard of set of circumstances incomparable to the history of the league :lol:

It absolutely counts.

Don’t see the issue with putting an asterisk by it though in the record books to signify those circumstances.
Everyone outside of the NBA had a different set of circumstances for what they could do during that time as well. Do we all get an asterisk lol.

That's fine- it's not a big deal either way. It's just my perspective as well. The league had to put everyone in the same city. That's unprecedented

the 98-99 season, sure- the regular season scheduling was wild

The 2011-2012 season not so much

Teams missing players no because the integrity of the season and entire league wasn't compromised overall

What integrity was compromised?

Would you rather play in a empty arena or play w/o your best players?

Everything stopped :lol:

Would you rather they not played?
You're moving goalposts :lol:

So was the integrity not compromised then?

You're now introducing another argument that nobody is arguing. Like I said before, they restarted the season, cool. Just saying there was a huge change to the season which means asterisk

No, that's just what you ascribe to it. An asterisk just means there's something of note to consider i.e. something circumstantial or different

In sports that's when an asterisk comes in. Baseball players taking PED's and the Pats rings. By your definition the 99 and 12 championships should have asterisks. When major player get injured it should be an asterisk. Those situations are something to note, it completely changes a team.

You're moving goalposts :lol:

So was the integrity not compromised then?

You're now introducing another argument that nobody is arguing. Like I said before, they restarted the season, cool. Just saying there was a huge change to the season which means asterisk
I really do understand where you’re coming from, but I don’t think that’s moving goal posts :lol:. That’s the reality of the situation and why the parameters had to be put in place. So it kind of goes back to Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius question, would you rather they not finish the season?

must of sucked having to perform at the same time your team got blown out
Screenshot_20230507_100652_Gallery.jpg

Back
Top Bottom