The Official NBA Thread: Lakers Fire Darvin Ham

I'm referring to the finalists for this year. 2/3 for MVP and DPOY.

Wemby being a finalist is a joke and so is Gobert. Jokic and Luka I can't really argue those.
If you can’t see why wemby is there, that’s on you. I’ve been saying Gobert was food for about 8 years now. Don’t ask me

After they have the award to Marcus Smart, I got no problem with AD complaining
Would’ve been fine with him not winning it, but he’d basically switch 1-5 all game and always held whoever was on him under league average. That’s having to spend significant time on all the league’s best players out in space.

Mikal Bridges also had a similar case that year.

It’s basically 2 completely different assignments. Might as well have 2 different awards.

I can't see why he's there when his team is in the lottery again. That's like giving a MVP to a player who didn't make the playoffs
It’s an individual award. Individually he’s a plus defender. There’s visual impact of him shutting off water. He can change every shot in the world but if you’re playing with 3 non starting caliber players, your team is going to be trash.

The ONLY argument against Wemby (or AD) winning is that his teammates aren’t good :lol:

36 more steals and 92 more blocks in 5 less games. Deters folks from even attempting shots just like Goober.

The eye test backs up the stats even more :lol:

Last edited:
It’s an individual award. Individually he’s a plus defender. There’s visual impact of him shutting off water. He can change every shot in the world but if you’re playing with 3 non starting caliber players, your team is going to be trash.

Drogba GIFs | Tenor

MVP isn't the only individual award that's typically tied to team success. I'd give it to Wemby but voters count wins as good defense.

Show me a DPOY winner whos team didn't make the playoffs.

THIS IS NASTY WORK

As the consensus is saying and it’s smart, rest Kawhi until Game 3. You dominated and could conceivably, again, win Game 2 without him.

Back
Top Bottom