The Official NBA Thread: Lakers Fire Darvin Ham

Oh there are definitely some bias ones. Self interest is undefeated.

But at the end of the day I think there are more honest players than conniving ones.

So I’m going with the numbers and what my eyes have been telling me all year.

Wemby is the DPOY.

I think you missed the point.

Honesty doesn't mean unbiased.
Honesty doesn't mean accuracy.

Sure, for the Wemby DPOY nomination there is no pushback from me.

But players can't be trusted either.

Even if you have 30-40 percent of the players looking out for their own self interest/self worth/or just flat out bias in general….

You’ll still get more honest answers than not. That’s my point.

Honesty doesn't mean accuracy.

We Are Screwed GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Does any NBA player have the mystique that MJ has?

The brand from all aspects is damn near Teflon.

Does any NBA player have the mystique that MJ has?

The brand from all aspects is damn near Teflon.

Yea I can't see anyone dressing up in a full LeBron James Sr. outfit from head to toe in anticipation for his version of "The Last Dance,"

Yea I can't see anyone dressing up in a full LeBron James Sr. outfit from head to toe in anticipation for his version of "The Last Dance,"
I was able to witness LeBrons entire career. Didn’t see one game live of MJ’s.

Maybe LeBrons Finals losses is the equivalent to MJ not being able to get past Detroit/Boston.

Maybe I’m taking LeBron for granted.

This is why I love player polls.

They always give you the truth because they know what/who they’re up against.

Wemby is DPOY. He changes everything on that floor.

No narrative building. No bull****. At the end of the day the game is the game and they know it.

They literally have 22 wins.

Damn that overrated list really already made it's way to players spouses :lol:

:lol: Why did she mention he never stole anything from anyone not to mention bringing up all of these character traits. I hope Umar chimes in.

And isn't this the same man that white side of the family not accept him?

Goober is a very good/elite shot blocker and rim runner.

I just don’t think he deserves to be a shoe-in for DPOY when IMO there’s guys that wreak a lot more havoc on that end than him. Capable of defending different types of players better.

Honestly don’t think he’s on the same level as bigs like Wemby, AD, Bam, Yanni, Chet or non-bigs like Herb, Deacon Isaac, Dort, for example.

Media seems to put him on a pedestal for some reason that I just don’t quite get.

There's nothing he does better than AD besides be taller and less effective. Which is why the numbers bear it out. Forget that AD gives you 25ppg on the other end and is still a better all around defender. Nevermind that he has Ant and McDaniels on the perimeter as plus defenders to help him out. Gobert really only has to focus on one thing, and he still not better than AD. They really not in the same category :lol:

Yeah, miss me with that easily better than Gobert nonsense on defense. He is not an anchor defensively for a top defense on the perimeter or in the post. I dont think AD has been apart of a top ten defense in like 5 years.

And don't hit me with some advanced analytics I watch the games. It's like the Kobe haters that want to say he's not even top 10 because of some data. Can't tell me what I have seen.

No one is convincing a Lakers-centric, Primetime game-centric watchers anything about Gobert. The takes thinking Gobert is wildly overrated is laughable when you watch what's going on every game. Terribly off base. This thread been exposing themselves the last 3 years with assumptions about anything Wolves related, tbh. Gobert's impact is significant and filters out. The perimeter defense isn't filtering in to help Rudy. Doesn't take very many games to see that, but Rudy's personality, hatred across the league and soft perception are overruling how great he is on defense. He sets the tone for the entire defense. AD ain't doing that. Gobert disrupted plenty of dudes on the perimeter Saturday, so idk wth yall watching.

If DPOY, is who can hang with guarding 1-5, sure..give it to AD, but that's an extremely vanilla, surface level take. I don't even rock with Rudy like that, but he's on my favorite and he's impressed the hell out of me this season. I respect what he does.

Last edited:
Yea I'm not a Gobert super fan but it's easy to see how much more serious of a challenger Minnesota has become after he joined that group.

He's playing with other good defenders sure but I don't think their team defense is nearly as good as it's been this season, top 5, without him as the anchor.

he gets to play with awesome teammates, specifically Ant and McDaniels who are 2 of the better perimeter defenders in the league?

We just going off highlights and 1 playoff game here? Ant's defense ebbs and flows. When he's giving effort, one of the best in the game on D, but he wasn't consistent with it. Jaden took a step back this season and was always getting himself dumb fouls. NAW was their most consistent perimeter defender and he ran with the 2nd unit.

Dudes reversing course and being forced to kick it out causing a steal or blocked shot starts with Rudy and each game theirs easily more than 1 example. It sure is nice having those guys on the perimeter, but they ain't steering the defense.

And just because all 3 of them have moments of being great defenders or maybe they all locked in...it still takes nothing away from Rudy.

Yea I'm not a Gobert super fan but it's easy to see how much more serious of a challenger Minnesota has become after he joined that group.

He's playing with other good defenders sure but I don't think their team defense is nearly as good as it's been this season, top 5, without him as the anchor.
Well yeah, sure, he absolutely makes them better because he is an elite rim protector.

Do you think the Wolves would take any step back whatsoever defensively if you swapped Wemby or AD in there instead of him?

Probably not, because he doesn’t actually do anything better than them on the defensive end. It’s not a knock on him. It’s those guys just being awesome.

Jayson Tatum is really good at basically every aspect of basketball but he’s rightfully not going to win MVP because there are a couple guys in the league who are even better. Just is what it is.

that there will be SOME point during the playoffs where dude is unplayable.

Offensive limitations, bro. We're talking DEFense.

Yall really ****ting on Gooby like he aint ****. :lol:

Whether hes DPOTY is one thing, but dude is a defensive anchor, he might not be the best 1 on 1 defender but its his total impact on the defensive end. Sometimes it doesnt show up on the box score with a block. Any team who gets him is gonna improve defensively without a doubt.

And one of the reasons is because of the above...that perception bleeds into peoples sentiments and somehow convince themselves - for reasons other than what he actually does defensively - that he's poo. Gotta watch the games, folks.

Still haven’t heard a reason as to why Goober is actually a better defensive player than Wemby or AD aside from the team record :lol:

We know he’s a very good defender. Don’t have to argue that. You have to argue why he’s the best.

Back
Top Bottom