The Official NBA Thread: Lakers Fire Darvin Ham

Your definition of athlete (and most Americans) is different I think.

Quickness, stamina, durability, speed of deceleration/ acceleration are all signs of being a great athlete.

Steve Nash for example is an incredible athlete but he wouldn’t be considered “athletic” in these standards.

Although I must say, Giannis, Wemby, and Chet are creating a new category of athletes.

That’s what i mean. Standardly measured athleticism by NBA standards being explosive power, speed, quickness, vertical jump.

In my eyes Nash and Curry are incredibly athletic. But not by the standard measurement. Same with someone like SGA.

SGA is more sneaky athletic than unathletic. Every few games you think he's about to do one of his cutesy, slithery layup finishes and he'll dunk on somebody just to remind you he can. But all the other aspects of athleticism he is above average

Why are players scared to take half court heaves when clock running out in a qrt?

Dudes really ME players wirried bout some FG% in the playoffs

Embiid throws them up without a care

That’s what i mean. Standardly measured athleticism by NBA standards being explosive power, speed, quickness, vertical jump.

In my eyes Nash and Curry are incredibly athletic. But not by the standard measurement. Same with someone like SGA.
Remember when Oregon's Luke Jackson tested the highest vert in his draft class, even higher than JR Smith and Andre Iguodala?

And Rafael Aruajjo tested one of the highest overall athletes in his draft despite being crap at everything else because he did the 225lb bench press a million times, but later was out the league both for sucking and for using PEDs

How did Naz Reid go undrafted?? Didn’t watch him at LSU at all but he is one of the most skilled big men I’ve ever seen. Baffled how GM’s couldn’t see that.

Is SGA athletic? i was talking to some friends and I say no.

Like to me the top 5 players in the nba are Joker, Luka, Shai, Giannis and Embiid. And Giannis and Embiid are physical freaks and the other 3 are pretty unathletic by nba standards.

Shai has decent end to end speed but his true gift is his ability to stop on a dime and raise up. And being 6’6 with a 7 foot wingspan he gets that shot off over everyone. But he’s not remotely athletic. Got no hops or insane quickness or anything. Reminds me of a less athletic pre injury Shawn Livingstan

that was the mistake i made looking at him in HS.

nah he's athletic. he just doesn't jump super high.
but super quick, super flexible, elite deceleration, incredible coordination, has that wire-y strength.

SGA is like the opposite of Obi Toppin.

Obi Topping jumps high, but sucks at every other athletic indicator.
poor agility, can't move laterally, terrible flexibility.

SGA has an average vert, but very good to elite at everything else.

Naz can give you 80% of what Kat can give but at a much better contract . I just dont know who they can move Kat for in the wing market

Last night felt good :nthat:
IMG_0785.jpeg

Naz can give you 80% of what Kat can give but at a much better contract . I just dont know who they can move Kat for in the wing market
I want to see how the postseason and draft lottery goes, but I have a team in mind.

Back
Top Bottom