The Official NBA Thread

I don't think he trashed Ant. Ant said he needs to be better on the 2nd game of back to backs. The reporter asked KAT how he could help him with that. KAT is suggesting that a better diet could help him.. Most vets I hear talk about their career usually say they wish they started taking care of their bodies/eating better earlier in their career. I think the comment actually showed leadership.
I was expecting a BS answer since most stupid questions like that get BS answers but KAT really thought about it and gave a good one. The best way he can help him be in better shape for games is to be honest about his diet to him. Out of context it seems worse than it really is.

Reactions: HIM
I think it’s just poor leadership to publicly trash the young guy who’s the best player on the team for eating Popeyes given that one of the two was the guy for them and he’s been the disappointment for years now.

As a #1 pick, in a vacuum production and accolades clearly don't say disappointment. There may be another gear he could/should get to and it's fair to acknowledge that...but calling a guy w/ multiple all-nba x all-star selections a disappointment is hyperbole.

Not trying to make this an Ant vs. KAT thing here but the only time he was the "best player on the team" was that Memphis series. Advanced stats say thru the course of the 82 game season...KAT was the guy.

Ant has 78 more games + postseason to put him being the best player on the team on actual paper. I think Ant's overall rep gets a bit of a boost due to his personality and all (and in this situation KAT has the opposite going for him)...but it's going to be interesting to see how he's judged moving forward when expectations start to creep in because he most CERTAINLY has his warts to figure out too...and soon he won't have the shield of being the "hot new thing" anymore. Hell...if we pulled some receipts on KAT from 2015-2017 I'm sure his rep on here was alot different :lol:

As far as his comments on Ant...isn't his role on that team supposed to be the guy who does that? Is there a certain criteria a guy has to meet before he can call someone out? I don't care for it period regardless of who it's coming from...so I don't personally feel like if KAT blocked more shots and could guard on the perimeter that he'd be justified in calling Ant fat.

20221025_135948.jpg

Whats the O/U on Kareem even acknowledging/congratulating him on it when it happens :lol:

Didn't he already say it's about time and that Bron earned it. Unless Magic calling Kareem a liar 😂

What's plan B if/when this doesn't work out for Minnesota? Looking like they're ready to get rid of D'lo. Gobert should still have value around the league but they're not getting anything close to what they gave up for him

He's taking up too much of the salary cap to escape blame.

If he was making 8mil, ball out King.
Pretty much. He’s Royce but getting paid like a star. Same issue with Tobias. He’s not bad at all for a low 20’s guy but not 30 plus.

Anyway the nets have more issues besides Ben.

I don't think he trashed Ant. Ant said he needs to be better on the 2nd game of back to backs. The reporter asked KAT how he could help him with that. KAT is suggesting that a better diet could help him.. Most vets I hear talk about their career usually say they wish they started taking care of their bodies/eating better earlier in their career. I think the comment actually showed leadership.

I mean, I don’t think a 21 year old eating Popeye’s is that crazy. See Kobe’s tweet above. I def don’t think that’s what being a leader is, but we can agree to disagree on that. Especially when the dude basically emerged as THE guy on the team over the course of last year and the playoffs.

What's plan B if/when this doesn't work out for Minnesota? Looking like they're ready to get rid of D'lo. Gobert should still have value around the league but they're not getting anything close to what they gave up for him
I would trade for versatile defensive players

Someone like Jared Vanderbilt would be a start

Maybe even roll the dice on a buy low vet like pat Beverly

In the draft, taking a guy like Walker kessler couldn’t hurt their big man rotation in terms of rim protection

As a #1 pick, in a vacuum production and accolades clearly don't say disappointment. There may be another gear he could/should get to and it's fair to acknowledge that...but calling a guy w/ multiple all-nba x all-star selections a disappointment is hyperbole
I feel like we we’ve all been disappointed by KAT during his career, especially with respect to his impact on winning. He’s an awful defender, doesn’t punish mismatches and is basically a jump shooter. Based on what we thought he’d be when he got drafted, I definitely don’t think that’s hyperbole IMO.
As far as his comments on Ant...isn't his role on that team supposed to be the guy who does that? Is there a certain criteria a guy has to meet before he can call someone out? I don't care for it period regardless of who it's coming from...so I don't personally feel like if KAT blocked more shots and could guard on the perimeter that he'd be justified in calling Ant fat.
I just don’t think calling him out publicly is a good move regardless. I wouldn’t care if he blocked shots or dominated the paint it would make it acceptable. I think it just looks worse given who he actually is/has shown to be so far.

…and maybe we have jumped the shark on Ant because personality/likability, but for a dude who was pretty much expected to be a franchise cornerstone and superstar by this point — I do find the public critique of Ant to be a little misguided.

To think in an alternate reality the rockets trade harden for Ben and thybulle :sick: and we are fake competitive and miss out on a true star in Jalen green:sick::sick::sick:

Love how he play off the ball, and improved his handle. Looking stronger to start this year too. Good to see

Love how he play off the ball, and improved his handle. Looking stronger to start this year too. Good to see
Yep he is able and willing to score however it comes. Catch and shoot, iso, cutting to the basket etc.. He really is the next great SG.

Back
Top Bottom