The Official NBA Thread

The Phoenix Suns and Dallas Mavericks engaged in advanced discussions on a trade of Deandre Ayton during the draft before talks stalled, sources tell Marc Stein.

The trade would have sent Ayton to Dallas for Tim Hardaway Jr., Richaun Holmes and JaVale McGee, but the Suns objected to the inclusion of McGee. Even though the Suns wouldn't have acquired any future first round picks, they liked turning Ayton into two rotation players in Hardaway and Holmes.

Sources tell Stein that the talks could be resumed.

Mavs lucked up -- I'm not sure what's the infatuation with centers that show a lack of heart and putting them with Luka knowing it's just going to piss him off :lol:

First it was Christian Wood, now they trying to go after Ayton. Just please develop Lively. Richaun Holmes is a nice 3rd/4th big as well. Your most successful years came with a shot blocking center/some what of a defensive presence. Why keep trying to add an offensive minded center to your team?

Mavs feel like they're deadset on keeping full MLE flexibility.

Probably should be - at least for now.

I'd bet that's something that gets circled back to - but I think at first pass I might would rather keep Holmes and Tim. 🤷‍♂️

Mavs feel like they're deadset on keeping full MLE flexibility.

Probably should be - at least for now.

I'd bet that's something that gets circled back to - but I think at first pass I might would rather keep Holmes and Tim. 🤷‍♂️
Is Powell returning? Seems unnecessary with Lively, Holmes, Kleber, McGee ( :lol:).

Think I heard a month ago he'd return for the minimum then get rewarded next summer.

Mulling over whether the Clippers should copy the Suns and try to shoot their shot with a Dame, PG and Kawhi big 3. But I don't think the have the assets, particularly draft capital, to get it done without a 3rd team helping them out. And the same injury concerns would still be there.

Is Powell returning? Seems unnecessary with Lively, Holmes, Kleber, McGee ( :lol:).

Think I heard a month ago he'd return for the minimum then get rewarded next summer.
Who knows, honestly...

Could see it and that's been rumored for a bit - but feels like it's best for the Mavs to just clean break and reset the bigs rotation entirely.

Who knows, honestly...

Could see it and that's been rumored for a bit - but feels like it's best for the Mavs to just clean break and reset the bigs rotation entirely.
Think you guys need another big forward. Maybe Grant Williams or on a lesser scale, Niang/Lyles.

Think you guys need another big forward. Maybe Grant Williams or on a lesser scale, Niang/Lyles.
Will be interesting to see what they do, for sure. Bruce Brown, Williams, Brooks have all been connected, but none of them really feel like MLE guys at this point.

I think Mavs fans in general are in love with the idea of moving off Tim for a different big/forward - but that feels like an easy financial avenue to their next "big" move that just opens up another hole to fill unless they believe Hardy and Green's shooting bumps are somewhat sustainable at higher volume.

Just based off the draft and their comments in the PC yesterday - it feels like organizationally they're heavily focused on getting more athletic and playing faster. Luka better be ready for it.

Will be interesting to see what they do, for sure. Bruce Brown, Williams, Brooks have all been connected, but none of them really feel like MLE guys at this point.

I think Mavs fans in general are in love with the idea of moving off Tim for a different big/forward - but that feels like an easy financial avenue to their next "big" move that just opens up another hole to fill unless they believe Hardy and Green's shooting bumps are somewhat sustainable at higher volume.

Just based off the draft and their comments in the PC yesterday - it feels like organizationally they're heavily focused on getting more athletic and playing faster. Luka better be ready for it.
He'd only be worth the minimum and never stays healthy, but I feel like Justise Winslow is super poor man's Bruce Brown.

He'd only be worth the minimum and never stays healthy, but I feel like Justise Winslow is super poor man's Bruce Brown.
Agree with this. I liked Justise in his very limited time with the Clippers. Can’t shoot at all, but is average to good at everting else and can be a disruptor on defense.

Back
Top Bottom