The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

sneeker sneeker hey man, we're just going to have to agree to disagree altho your complaints are justifiable. I completely see your point.
no problem. sorry for ranting because POI was one of my favorite shows and could have been great from start to finish. it was consistent from S1 to S4. just saying.

Starting One Night In Bangkok. It was recommended after finish new Matrix. Dude staring in it remember when he was the last eat new action star.

Yellowjackets first 2 eps are pretty good. I’m in for the season.

**** gets really boring after the first two. It’s becoming a struggle watch.

Dexter, new blood…has been more entertaining for sure.

Yellowjackets had potential…but it’s really fallen as it goes along

Watched Jailbirds New Orleans, pretty entertaining watch if you liked the OG season. Sucks it got cut short though, looks like production supposedly showed more than they were supposed to, season is only 3 eps :frown:

**** gets really boring after the first two. It’s becoming a struggle watch.

Dexter, new blood…has been more entertaining for sure.

Yellowjackets had potential…but it’s really fallen as it goes along
tried watching YellowJackets. there was potential alright. the pacing though was horrible like you would rather skip 75% of the entire episode.

that's fine although I hope the last season wouldn't be terrible like other series when they rush to finish them. I remember years ago watching this amazing series called "Person of Interest". it was an amazing show til they had to end it abruptly with a rushed last season which pretty much destroyed the whole awesomeness of the show. if ever someone else wanted to try it, don't watch the 5th season. show was awesome from season 1-4. season 5 was just a steaming pile of cow dung.
Bruh, you just made that up :lol:

Person of Interest was not ended abruptly and they did not rush the final season. The show was clearly winding down in s4 with the flashbacks and Samaritan basically taking over.

Jonathan Nolan killed that final season. Even when he wasn't hands on with it.

If you think that was rushed, then yeah I agree don't waste your time with Prodigal Son. Things just happen and its over. I wouldn't even call what they did a series finale.
personally, I think the Samaritan plot was just thrown there out of the blue like a last minute script because they were running out of ideas. it was an ok plot but nothing too exciting about it other than making it a Deux Ex Machina kind of villain. my point is, the whole series just went off from what is an expected plot to an entirely different one. in the end, Jim's character turned from a main one to more like a tool for the machine especially how unceremoniously they killed his character after building it up from the get-go.

the AI vs AI didn't work out for me since the build up to it wasn't established and wasted the previous seasons build up to the human characters. in fairness to POI, it is not as bad as the movie Law Abiding Citizen which was a wasted film.
Man the AI vs. AI becoming the main plot was seeded as early as s3 when they were looking for a completely different AI.

The core of the show is really about John's and Harold's relationship. How Harold failed to save his friend when he started to help ppl, how Harold picked that up and ran with it, how he gave John purpose and "saved" him, and how John finally sacrificed himself so Harold could keep helping ppl save irrelevant numbers with the machine. In a macro sense, most of them were tools of the machine.

The show was never really just about John which is why once s2 started the show grew in to an ensemble cast of them helping ppl not just John saving ppl while also trying to figure out Harold's past while being pursued by NYPD and the FBI.

Not sure how Law Abiding Citizen is anywhere in the discussion :lol:

Bruh, you just made that up :lol:

Person of Interest was not ended abruptly and they did not rush the final season. The show was clearly winding down in s4 with the flashbacks and Samaritan basically taking over.

Jonathan Nolan killed that final season. Even when he wasn't hands on with it.

If you think that was rushed, then yeah I agree don't waste your time with Prodigal Son. Things just happen and its over. I wouldn't even call what they did a series finale.

Man the AI vs. AI becoming the main plot was seeded as early as s3 when they were looking for a completely different AI.

The core of the show is really about John's and Harold's relationship. How Harold failed to save his friend when he started to help ppl, how Harold picked that up and ran with it, how he gave John purpose and "saved" him, and how John finally sacrificed himself so Harold could keep helping ppl save irrelevant numbers with the machine. In a macro sense, most of them were tools of the machine.

The show was never really just about John which is why once s2 started the show grew in to an ensemble cast of them helping ppl not just John saving ppl while also trying to figure out Harold's past while being pursued by NYPD and the FBI.

Not sure how Law Abiding Citizen is anywhere in the discussion :lol:
Nah, I wasn't making that up. we had a discussion board before regarding that. the so-called build up about AI Vs AI wasn't really planted in S3. it was on the late episodes of S4, that's why I said the series felt rushed considering the character development of the characters took a few seasons. Samaritan never made a full entrance not til the 5th season. I felt that as I was watching every episode, I noticed it was devolving into a slow show about the Machine and Samaritan.

I think that was what killed it for me. they developed John and Harold in a great way over a lot of seasons that when they introduced the Samaritan, I didn't feel no connection to the relationship nor care for it. I guess your right on that part that part of that death is Jonathan Nolan which imo was a weak link in the series but magnified by Samaritan's involvement. like I previously mentioned, it's a good plot but they didn't build it long and good enough. it would have been fine eventhough it was painful seeing John die but him dying that quickly in one lame scene left a sour taste in my mouth. but anyways, that's my 2cents on the matter.

as far as correlation to Law Abiding CItizen is concerned, I was relating it to my feelings of disappointment after getting hyped watching some awesome shows and leaving a bad ending.

Nah, I wasn't making that up. we had a discussion board before regarding that. the so-called build up about AI Vs AI wasn't really planted in S3. it was on the late episodes of S4, that's why I said the series felt rushed considering the character development of the characters took a few seasons. Samaritan never made a full entrance not til the 5th season. I felt that as I was watching every episode, I noticed it was devolving into a slow show about the Machine and Samaritan.
Again, they had already planted the seeds for another AI out there (that whole other AI that was being searched for and rumored to be complete that wasn't), they planted seeds for sentient AI vs sentient AI in s3 and then started implementing it in the later half. Plus Decima and Greer been around since s2.

Samaritan full introduction as an antagonist was season 4 and the second half of season 3 was all about stopping Decima from turning it on in the first place. Its first mentioned in season 3. All of s4 has the main cast in hiding living double lives to not be noticed by the threat that is Samaritian so I don't get what you mean by full entrance.

Also don't get what you mean by devolve in to a slow show about the two AIs going to war. As if the show was pointing to any other direction. The show was just saving ppl from murders, staying off the feds attention, and dealing with organized crime. Meanwhile, half the show is about how the machine was created, why, what roles Harold and other past characters play all pointing to there being one or more possible AIs.

Also not to mention the show almost got cancelled after s4.

I think that was what killed it for me. they developed John and Harold in a great way over a lot of seasons that when they introduced the Samaritan, I didn't feel no connection to the relationship nor care for it. I guess your right on that part that part of that death is Jonathan Nolan which imo was a weak link in the series but magnified by Samaritan's involvement. like I previously mentioned, it's a good plot but they didn't build it long and good enough. it would have been fine eventhough it was painful seeing John die but him dying that quickly in one lame scene left a sour taste in my mouth. but anyways, that's my 2cents on the matter.
I mean it was the final season. The machine and Samaritan had already been at war all season. They played most of the season as if Shaw was dead, Root saved her and then Root died which led to the machine using Root's voice as her own. So I think the writing was on the wall that characters were going to die in the final epiaode, either John or Harold.

Cant really say he died quick. He got to say goodbye. They revealed how the machine could let that happen revealing the deal they made and that was that.

Now how he died with the missile and all that **** was whack to but I guess they didn't want to show John dead by gunshot or a broken neck.
as far as correlation to Law Abiding CItizen is concerned, I was relating it to my feelings of disappointment after getting hyped watching some awesome shows and leaving a bad ending.
Oh ok I see.

Actually prefer season 1, the time jumps and adventure of the week made it interesting.

i like the story theyre developing now and where things re leading/going and its less confusing, the first one was just all over the place

only thing that was missing in s2 was some yennefer nudity

i like the story theyre developing now and where things re leading/going and its less confusing, the first one was just all over the place

only thing that was missing in s2 was some yennefer nudity
same here. I liked S2 better considering it pretty explain the lore and origin story of the witcher. S1 was more set on quests so people might be a bit lost on what the show is all about.

as far as Yen nudity, I agree. we need more of this...

Attachments

• yen.gif
    yen.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,194
same here. I liked S2 better considering it pretty explain the lore and origin story of the witcher. S1 was more set on quests so people might be a bit lost on what the show is all about.

as far as Yen nudity, I agree. we need more of this...

FlamboyantGleefulBug-max-1mb.gif

just watched Dont Look Up. What a crazy cast. Had some funny scenes, still eery af as I can 1000% see something like that happening in the real world.

just watched Dont Look Up. What a crazy cast. Had some funny scenes, still eery af as I can 1000% see something like that happening in the real world.
I remember watching Contagion years ago and thought the idea was too wild to even happen in real life. funny part is, now that we've experienced global pandemic, that idea was proved to be true and accurate 95% except we haven't gone yet towards total anarchy so far thankfully but we are still in danger of and the massive involvement of politicians into promoting disinformation/misinformation about the pandemic.

I always wondered what would happen if something like an event like a "2012" movie occurs. scary thought but............

The comet was Covid. Meryl Streep was gold.

The bash guy was a mix of all the ceos. Elon, bezo, zuck and gates

Jonah hill was hilarious. “She’s coming back”

The magats turning on their president was hilarious

Back
Top Bottom