The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Started Snabba Cash. I think I'm on the first season episode 3. Solid show so far.

Dudes hair is distracting, I don't think I'll ever get over it. :lol:

Ravi hair wild for sure, I guess its a style there? Idk. Mandem dripped out in S2 also. I thought the Top Boy mandem was cool with all the Stone Island and whatnot but S2 Snabba dudes is in Dior, LV all over print sweaters, Fendi bubbles, Monclers, im like yo. :lol:

Anyone watch The Good Nurse yet? Was thinking of checking it out this week and it has mostly positive reviews.

Watched last night. Really enjoyed it.

Was tripping out when Nnamdi Asomugha popped on screen lol

If I didn’t see the trailer, just reading that I would’ve thought that was a Lifetime movie:lol:

Watched this on Sunday. Based off the title, I thought it was going to be some BS but I read the description then watched the trailer and was intrigued. I really liked it because the most intriguing part is that it was based on a true story :wow: That man was all sorts of wildin

The snabba cash dudes love the designer bubble jackets. That kid jalal looked stupid AF wearing an eyepatch and LV beanie.

I coudnt take dawg seriously man, they made dude look like such a loser on screen. They really had to make him wear an eyepatch? :lol:

Watched this on Sunday. Based off the title, I thought it was going to be some BS but I read the description then watched the trailer and was intrigued. I really liked it because the most intriguing part is that it was based on a true story :wow: That man was all sorts of wildin
Netflix dropping a doc about the same story this month

Barbarians season 2 was cool. SMH at Thusnelda bae being mad at her guy's secret when she had a major secret as well. Not sure I like the next season potentially taking place in a different setting.

Anyone watch the show From on Amazon Prime, by EPIX. Interesting show, on the last episode.

Premise. In a nightmarish town in middle America that traps everyone who enters, unwilling residents strive to stay alive and search for a way out. But they are plagued by the terrifying nocturnal creatures from the surrounding forest. Secrets are hidden in the town itself.

I watched blacklist for a season or two but had to stop when one of the supposed "good" characters thought murder was ok. Also the fbi is useless and need red's help on every case.

I watched blacklist for a season or two but had to stop when one of the supposed "good" characters thought murder was ok. Also the fbi is useless and need red's help on every case.

Im on this episode where they got this dude with a bomb around his neck in like a square metal pipe thing. They working to disable it before it goes off and im like yo, that CLEARLY looks like you can just slide it off over his head. :lol:

Anyone watch the show From on Amazon Prime, by EPIX. Interesting show, on the last episode.

Premise. In a nightmarish town in middle America that traps everyone who enters, unwilling residents strive to stay alive and search for a way out. But they are plagued by the terrifying nocturnal creatures from the surrounding forest. Secrets are hidden in the town itself.

There was a show just like this that was on Fox years ago but I forgot the name of it.

There was a show just like this that was on Fox years ago but I forgot the name of it.
Could you be thinking of Wayward Pines?
When two federal agents go missing in Wayward Pines, Idaho, Secret Service Agent Ethan Burke - one of Seattle's best agents - sets out to find them. One of the missing agents is Ethan's former partner, Kate, with whom he had a relationship that almost destroyed his marriage. After Ethan is involved in a car accident upon his arrival in the seemingly perfect town, he wakes up in the hospital without his wallet, ID or money, and he cannot find a working phone to contact anyone at home. When Ethan's wife learns of his disappearance, she and their teenage son begin a search that leads to more questions.

Never watched it, but did mean to check it out. Going to see if it's on Peacock. Currently watching City on a Hill on Showtime. Good so far.

Started Snabba Cash. I think I'm on the first season episode 3. Solid show so far.

Dudes hair is distracting, I don't think I'll ever get over it. :lol:

this gotta be one of the goofiest things i've seen in awhile

1667541369252.png

seen ravy's barber the other day

guile-flash-kick.gif

Couldn't sleep the other night so binged Blockbuster. It had it's moments so I would say it was okay.

Also binged the latest season of Manifest. First off, I had no idea that Netflix picked it up as an original series. Second, did NBC drop it after S2 or S3? I feel like when I picked up a S4 that there was a ton of stuff I didn't remember :lol:

Also watched "The Secret Life of The Greco Family". It's based in Mexico but the dubbing/voiceovers were solid. Another show that was crazy because it is based on a true story :wow: There are some really sick folks out there. What is crazy to me is how these seemingly regular folks can all of a sudden become serial killers while living their lives and hiding it from friends and family :smh: |l

THE PLAYLIST is what you guys should be watching.
Founder of SPOTIFY yea yea boring right?

Man dude has the best story of alll the Tech companies I have seen or heard or read.
Apple is cool
UBER is cool
FaceBook is cool.
On and on name any tech slash startup, SPOTIFY story pisses on them all.
Not even close.

THE PLAYLIST is what you guys should be watching.
Founder of SPOTIFY yea yea boring right?

Man dude has the best story of alll the Tech companies I have seen or heard or read.
Apple is cool
UBER is cool
FaceBook is cool.
On and on name any tech slash startup, SPOTIFY story pisses on them all.
Not even close.

Thanks for sharing. Can you elaborate on what make "The Playlist"/Spotify story so much more electric. Admittedly, I used to have the service but I don't know much about it's origin.

Thanks for sharing. Can you elaborate on what make "The Playlist"/Spotify story so much more electric. Admittedly, I used to have the service but I don't know much about it's origin.
For one, the way they chose to tell the story is very interesting.
It is 6 episodes so they broke in down into stories from the perspective of the 6people involved
1. The Vision- Original Creator
2. the Industry-Record Executive
3. The Law- Lawyer repsonsible for brokering Deal between SPOTIFY and Music Rights
4. The Coder- Guy who built the pplaylist
5. The Partner- Money side of the partnership
6. The Artist- Artist involved and how they take the L or Benefit
So the entire SERIES is the same story unfolding six different times over the course of 6 episodes from the perspective of each involved so you REALLY UNDERSTAND exactly what this man went through, to make SPOTIFY a reality.
...but what I found so compelling is the actual feat that was pulled off
Okay imagine this, you have to convince every Record Company/Artist to give you rights to the MUSIC so you can give it away for FREE.
All this is happening while SIMOTANEOUSLY this sitee called PIRATE BAY(remember them?) is ALREADY giving away every song in the WORLD FOR FREE. They are getting sued by the MUSIC INDUSTRY and are in the middle of a case at the "SUPREME COURT"
This is after and during the times where napster, limewire i.e. all the sites that were already "stealing" and giving the music away.
He has to go in in the MIDDLE of all of this and actually convince the LABELS to WILLINGLY give away their only way to FEED THEIR famillies and contninue their elaborate lifestyles.
Imagine selling that TO RECORD EXECUTIVES?
Impossible right? Watch, brilliance.
Getting greedy Record EXECS to do anything of the sort is the equivalent of asking a Mother/Father to give you their kids to work your FARM for FREE. It's just an impossible ask.
It happened man. Definition of the Perfect Storm, one thing had to happen for another thing to happen which made everything possible.
Mistakes had to be made on accident for things to come to life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom