The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Dark comedy: the worlds greatest dad, bernie / Documentary: the queen of versailles, born and bred (boxing doc.), hoop dreams (one of my all time faves), last train home (humbling), burma vj / Action/Adventure: headhunters (one of my faves. very clever), my way, the yellow sea, war of the arrows, get the gringo, warriors of the rainbow, true grit (amazing), a better tomorrow, chaser, silmido, kingdom of war part 1 & 2 / Drama: kings speech

dont worry, all the movies listed are recent and have good to great ratings. enjoy :nthat: :smokin :pimp: 8)

strawng taste. :smokin

pretty good horror movie

Loved this when i was a kid :pimp:

You ever seen those movies, where the crook always come back to pull off one more job?
And everything goes to hell?
That's where you're at right now.
Don't watch T3.
Don't watch Salvation.
Get out while the getting's good. :lol:

What? Terminator Salvation was good as hell.

Terminator salvation was booooo...batman vs arnold? And batman wins???? Boooo to t salvation. T3 was cooolll tho

I think I posted this a bunch of pages back, but it's a documentary that's worth the watch and it's funny as hell.

The Weird World of Blowfly

Synopsis: Time hasn't mellowed caped comedian Blowfly -- aka Clarence Reid -- who's still dishing up lewd and rude rap ditties that could make folks half his age blush. This unflinching biopic follows the 69-year-old funk machine as he mounts a comeback tour.

Shameless Plug (blog post I made about the movie): http://www.romebrown.com/2012/08/the-weird-world-of-blowfly.html

Just watched these & liked them both very much....

2 Days in New York

The Loneliest Planet

This one had a nice twist to it...

I've had 2 Days in New York in my queue (along with like 150 other movies), I'll watch it soon.

just finished breaking bad season 2. when is it supposed to get really good? season 2 was good, but not what people have been making it out to be.

I need a new show, can someone recommend one? As of late, I finished how I met your mother, the league, the office, breaking bad, workaholics, and wilfred. I'm still trying to get through the walking dead and lost, but it's been challenging. I like comedy for the most part.

Saw arrested development when it was on tv, one of my faves. I'm still on season 2 of mad men, and have to pick up Louis again. I'm gonna go ahead and watch parks in an orderly fashion. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
The few people I've talked to about it really enjoyed Like Crazy. It toes the line between pretentious and genuine, but I think it's done well. I enjoy the two leads, Felicity Jones is really charming and cute, and I like the way they showed the progression of a relationship once the "madly in love" beginning fades and life gets in the way.

Last edited:
The few people I've talked to about it really enjoyed Like Crazy. It toes the line between pretentious and genuine, but I think it's done well. I enjoy the two leads, Felicity Jones is really charming and cute, and I like the way they showed the progression of a relationship once the "madly in love" beginning fades and life gets in the way.

Exactly. Its real and I love the movie for that exact reason.

Loneliest Planet looks good, will add to instant! Thanks!

If your a big budget Michael Bay - T2 kinda movie fan, you won't like this movie at all. I liked it a lot but in addition to liking big budget flicks, I like indies & docs too.

Nothing much happens for the first portion of the movie. You just get a glimpse of the couple's lives & the beginning of the trip then something happens that effects the back half of the movie...

Let me know what you (or anyone thinks)....I enjoyed it...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom