The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Oh, speaking of Prison Break...  I recommend those who liked Season 3 to check out the Mel Gibson movie "Get the Gringo"

It's pretty much just like Sona -- a prison organized like a self-governing slum.

Last edited:
Oh, speaking of Prison Break...  I recommend those who liked Season 3 to check out the Mel Gibson movie "Get the Gringo"

It's pretty much just like Sona -- a prison organized like a self-governing slum.

I really liked Get the Gringo

As much of a piece of **** as he seems to be personally...I'll admit this much. Mel Gibson is a really good lead actor, still. This is a damn good, grimy, 'tough guy funny' movie.

It's about him in a Mexican prison that reminded me of Hamsterdam from The Wire mixed with Emerald City from Oz. The little Mexican kid they casted was awesome. He's like a miniature Miguel Pena. Movies die for a kid that can act and not make you roll your eyes every time they talk. He's really good...and he smoke the cigarettes...and he curses like a sailor... The movie's fresh and new and alive and well shot and paced. But it's old school in all the best ways.

It's what you wished those new Arnold and Sly and even The Rock movies would be.

Of that generation of badass roughnecks who came up in the late 70 and 80s, Mel's the only one who isn't phoning it in.
That whole Expendables clique is >D
Harrison works around the clock :smh:
Bruce is 50/50...40/60...30/70 :smh: :lol:
Denzel didn't break bad until Training Day, and you get about the same thing when he does
DeNiro (outside of Silver Linings) just likes being in pictures at this point.

But this is good. And I hate to say it, but Mel might be the best old action lead still working.

Last edited:
I think there are 5 seasons and it should have only been 3... Seasons 4 and 5 are utterly ridiculous. The show is very smart and well written, but towards the end it's like they were just holding on for the sake of holding on.

IMO, the casting could have been a little better. T-Bag, Sucre, and a couple other characters were great, but Scofield talking like Batman all the time started to piss me off. I'd rate it a solid 8/10 -- or on a Netflix scale 4/5.

About a week or so ago I decided to watch the "Friday Night Lights" series because the movie wasn't available and damn, where the **** have I been. This show is PERFECT. The casting, acting, script, production, everything -- damn near flawless. It's one of the best series I've ever seen.

season 4 and 5 of FNL are reallllllly good.

No its a completely separate story on the show.

It's one of the best shows the past ten years.

No its a completely separate story on the show.

It's one of the best shows the past ten years.

I agree with this. For such a great show it didn't get very much press. Didn't it finish up the last season on like Direct TV in Demand or something?

The last three seasons first aired on Direct TV and then NBC rebroadcast it a few months later. As if DirectTV wasn't awesome enough, they saved the show.

season 4 and 5 of FNL are reallllllly good.

I wasn't the hugest fan of the new characters that they introduced in S4 and S5 but they are pretty crucial to Coach and Tami's story. Matt Saracen too, he was the character I was most invested in.

It takes a bit to warm up to the new kids, but they were smart to shift the story in order to make it fit. Plus, any show set in a school has to deal with the graduating characters issue. 

Still one of the most satisfying series finales of all-time.

Prison break is a great show half of the series. It really does decline every season and is pretty much unwatchable at the end. Season 1, as a stand alone season, is among some of the best television I've ever seen.

I watched Sleepwalk with Me and Cold Weather today. Cold Weather was all kinds of pointless. It was essentially a non-violent, wanna be Sherlock Holmes/Pulp Fiction mess of a mumblecore film.
Sleepwalk with Me was decent at times, but overall boring.

Also watched the Hole over the weekend. I'll always have a soft spot for Joe Dante because of Gremlins and I guess gave this little horror flick a pass because of it. Just felt like a pedestrian children's version of a Full Moon productions 80's movie.

Any good shows???? Something that got a deep feeling to it and good production....

Battlestar Galactica

Great show...too bad it only went four seasons.

Yes. It's just a shame they didn't land the ending, but those first 2 seasons are some of the greatest.

And that one episode, season 4, with the "itchy leg," should've won an Emmy or something.

True, ending was a disappointment.

I'm a sucker for Sci Fi & Fantasy shows and I thought The Legend of the Seeker was pretty good. Fairly predictable story line but it didn't bother me. Also, I thought Cara's half smirks and dominatrix tendencies were hot.

Prison break is my favorite tv series ever. But even I'll admit, the quality after season 1 was horrible. Haha

I always say, season 1 of prison break is the greatest single season in TV history.

The ending...I still dont believe its true.

btw, just started FNL and that first episode...bruh....that was rough. The emotion i felt after the injury was real

One of my favorite pilots ever. Bold, emotional, powerful, it's everything the show excelled at

btw, just started FNL and that first episode...bruh....that was rough. The emotion i felt after the injury was real
I can't remember ever getting emotionally invested in characters of a show as much as I did with FNL ...

The writer and actors make me feel like I live in the town and know all these people personally.

Saw this movie compliance. It was definitely something different.

It's about a guy who tricks a manager into believing he is a cop and yeah... won't say any more.

^^ me and my gf watched that the other weekend. It's very disturbing and a little frustrating, yet we couldn't stop watching. Its based on a true story, I actually watched an interview with the real victims.

You guys should check out Safety Not Guaranteed, I watched it last night. It's a great film

So good.

It was kinda weird at first. Like really offbeat to where I couldn't tell if they were making jokes, being ironic or just weird. Which basically describes every Aubrey Plaza interview. :lol: Once she meets dude from The League the whole thing got a shot of life into.

I liked it better than Moonrise Kingdom. It's what I thought I was gonna get out of that, but it's not that type of movie, exactly. It doesn't have the stylized everything and the quirky affected details. It's just two ridiculous people in the real(?) world and there's so much heart in this movie. You'll wanna join the cult of them by the end of it. And I love that it doesn't take anything, but the emotions seriously.

If you ain't grinning ear to ear by the end of it, your heart's tinner than mine. :lol: :smokin

for those who have watched prison break how many seasons are there and what would you rate it?

It quickly goes downhill after season 1 in my opinion. Season 1 was very good though. I have the same opinion for Lost after the first 2-3 seasons. It's laughable thereafter.

Last edited:
^^ me and my gf watched that the other weekend. It's very disturbing and a little frustrating, yet we couldn't stop watching. Its based on a true story, I actually watched an interview with the real victims.

Creepy *** movie. But I agree...once you start it, you're finishing it.
For what it was, the manager and the caller were on point. :smh:

Don't watch this unless you've seen the movie.

Don't waste your time with prison break, season 1 is good but it sucks after that. Such a time waster once you get invested. Best series in my opinion are madmen, the league, how I met your mother, breaking bad, walking dead and house of cards. Definitely more that I've seen but can't remember off the top of my head.

Creepy *** movie. But I agree...once you start it, you're finishing it.
For what it was, the manager and the caller were on point. :smh:

Don't watch this unless you've seen the movie.

I remember this case :smh: . I'll check Compliance out

Back
Top Bottom