The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Didn't realize The Fall was on streaming. Movie was :pimp: IMO.

Prison break is my favorite tv series ever. But even I'll admit, the quality after season 1 was horrible. Haha

Agreed. Based on season 1 and the praise so many of my friends gave it, I had such high hopes. Then I watched the 1st episode of season 2 :stoneface:

Currently watching:

The Walking Dead

On deck:

Breaking Bad
Homeland
Dexter
Friday Night Lights

Last edited:
^
The Fall had some of the best visuals I've seen. Need to watch it again.

Last edited:
just finished Compliance. Way too far fetched to believe it went Down like that :lol:

I thought it was well done though. Reminded me of Phone Booth.

One of my favorite movies ever, The Graduate is going off Instant by the 1st. So watch it if you haven't.

Plus the incredibly entertaining Out of Sight.

Okay...Almost halfway through season 1 of FNl and I gotta say, I have never been so emotionally involved with a TV show ever. Wow

I remember my best friend in HS would always watch this show when it was on NBC and I never paid it any attention.

Man...the writers are awesome

Mr. and Mrs. Coach > *

Seriously though...it's everything. You'd never think a TV show could capture what made the movie great, pick it up and run like that, but it did. It's the style and the dialogue. It's so natural and honest. And the characters. There's not one character that doesn't get over. It's crazy. Mr and Mrs Coach, Rlggans, Matt Saracen, Tara, Landry, Buddy Garrity...the list goes on and on. Even the people you don't like, you believe 100%.

And that roster of bunnies they had. :evil: What good show had hotter chicks than FNL? :lol: And they really shot it in Texas, so it feels right. And the writing is so damn good and real. It never feels written. And the storylines just happen so naturally. And they're not afraid to let people leave. They don't hang onto their cast to the death, Smallville.

It coulda been 7th Heaven or some knucklehead CW show, but it's one of the best shows of the last 10 years.

I think it just seems corny to people who haven't watched it, because shows based off movies are supposed to suck hard.

Last edited:
One of my favorite things about the show was they let the actors pick their own blocking. (In case anyone doesn't know, blocking is how the actors are positioned and move in a scene)
Though scripted like any hour-long television drama, the show's producers decided at the outset to allow the cast leeway in what they said and did on the show, including the delivery of their lines and the blocking  of each scene. If the actors felt that something was not true to their character or a mode of delivery didn't work, they were free to change it provided they still hit the vital plot points
That is one of the biggest reasons it feels so genuine, for me. The actors feel comfortable with these characters, literally, to move how they feel is right, to say things how they feel is right. It's the little things like that which go a long way.

Because the football might have turned off some women, because the family/relationship drama might have turned off some men, because NBC couldn't get a damn audience for it and DirectTV had to save the show, it's not a stretch to say it's one of the most underrated shows in a post-OZ TV landscape. 

Agree with everything ONeg just said! It's right up there with The Wire and Breaking Bad for me! All this talk ab FNL has me itching to start watching it again. "Texas Forever"

Btw my top 5 TV Shows....

1. The Wire
2. Friday Night Lights
3. Breaking Bad
4. The Sopranos
5. 24/Dexter/OZ

Couldn't make up my mind between those 3 haha

man, what took ya'll so long to recommend Friday Night Lights?! Midway through the first season, this ish is GRIPPING!

What took us so long? I'd guess it's been mentioned in here a lot. Speaking only for myself... dating back to October 2011
Originally Posted by N ll K 3

Why are dudes posting trailers of movies that aren't available on Instant in here? 
laugh.gif

Such a tease. 
30t6p3b.gif

Can someone recommend me the most addicting non-comedy available on Instant at the moment? 
nerd.gif

Friday Night Lights the series if you haven't seen it, one of the best series of the last 5 years. Don't know what else you've seen but Breaking Bad is incredibly addicting, can't go wrong with Mad Men either.
Also to anyone else looking for a comedy, I can't stress enough how great Parks and Recreation is. Season 1 is iffy but it's short, so once you get through that you won't be disappointed.

Originally Posted by breezylocks

real life...

so, i should watch friday night lights?

( tried to watch mad men... if the first two episodes are slow idc I'm not gonna continue watching... lost is whack to me... seen the rest)
I'd give Mad Men another chance, I don't remember if I thought the beginning was slow, but I was hooked fairly quickly.
Regardless, absolutely watch Friday Night Lights. It's one of the most powerful pilot episodes I've ever seen and it pulls you right into their world, the first season ranks as one of my favorites for all of television.

I know this is for Instant Watch recommendations, but I was wondering if you guys could recommend any TV shows that isn't on instant watch. I am currently on season 2 of the wire and starting The Big Bang Theory from the start. I'm blanking out on shows to watch.

Maybe older shows that already ended or whatever you guys can come up with.

Thanks!
Sopranos

Friday Night Lights (on instant)

- two of the best shows of the last decade

Six Feet Under

Oz

Deadwood

24 (on Instant)

Freaks and Geeks, and Undeclared (coming to instant)
Parks and Rec

Friday Night Lights

Louie

Archer

The West Wing

Mad Men
Just on Instant or in general?

On instant then Friday Night Lights, West Wing

otherwise The Wire, The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, The Shield

for comedies

Arrested Development, Parks and Rec, The Office, Archer, to name a few on Instant

Back
Top Bottom