The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

I would never pay $16 for netflix. 9.99 is the MAX and they would have to include way better movies.

Most of my friends are cutting their cable, tired of paying $150-$200 for channels they never watch.

$16 is 1 alcholic beverage in Manhattan, NYC. I wouldn't mind paying that for a month's worth of entertainment.

Kudos to whoever recommended Love/Hate. Wish the seasons were longer though. Already caught up now...lol

"blindsided"...decent thriller with michael keaton...6/10

"thursday"...drug dealing thriller...7/10

"talented mr. ripley"...awesome...10/10

"she want's me"...indie romantic comedy...7/10

"nesting"...another indie romantic comedy...6/10

"21 & over"...college comedy...7/10

"where the buffalo roam"...crazy 80s drug induced comedy...6/10

"timer"...really good fantasy comedy...8/10

"the big white"...indie comedy with robin williams...8/10

Kudos to whoever recommended Love/Hate. Wish the seasons were longer though. Already caught up now...lol

The next season is rumored to be 12 episodes, so you get your wish me auld pal.

Cool, appreciate that. Just ran across this article about it...

The next series of Love/Hate will focus on life behind bars, the court system and is set to have 12 episodes.

Last year, the finale of season four had Nidge out of control in a prison cell.

Just like HBO TV series, The Wire -- who depicted criminals, police and the justice system -- Love/Hate writer Stuart Carolan is said to be keen to show his characters facing the full rigours of the law in the next instalment of the hit show.

"The consequences of gangland is what comes next in Love/Hate, the court cases and jail," said a show insider.

Earlier this year writer Stuart Carolan (inset) spoke of how prison life was something he wanted to explore in season five Love/Hate.

"We've done a good bit in Wheatfield already but I have zero knowledge of the prison system and want to learn more," Stuart Carolan told the Herald.

Actor Tom Vaughan-Lawlor who plays Nidge will no doubt have been taking everything in when he visited St Patrick's Institution last month to talk to young offenders about his career.

However, Tom and the rest of the cast won't truly know whether they will be depicted inside or outside in the next series until they get the finished scripts in February.

Director David Caffrey has explained how Love/Hate 2013 and 2014 will be closely linked, with plotlines from season four being tied up in season five.

"The mindset was that we'd make something to run over 12 episodes, as opposed to six. "We're expanding the storylines over a longer period of time and we didn't want to do a 'shoot them and gun them all down' thing again" said Caffrey.

Among the questions left unresolved from series four include: would Siobhan tell the Gardai what she knows about Nidge, what becomes of her partner Tommy who was seen collapsing in the series finale.

And who will win the power struggle in the gang between Nidge and Fran?

Stuart fears turning his show into a prison drama could alienate viewers.

"We could take a dump in the ratings and the show is over. It's a worry. But all you can do is be true to yourself, not write by market research and no character is safe," he said.

FINALLY finished Prison Break.  Had to will myself through that garbage *** Season 3.  4 was pretty good, although they probably could've cut out like 4 or 5 episodes.
But we're really gonna kill off the main character in the closing minutes of the finale, huh?  
I feel abused and abandoned right now.  Unbelievable.  

It's really strange when I saw this movie when it first came out, I was 14 or 15 years old and I hated it. I thought it was a mad boring piece of crap movie about a weird gay guy. Decided to watch it again because I didn't know phillipe seymore hoffman was in it and DAMB. I def rate it 10/10. Superb acting all around. Stunning visuals, great story. I really didn't appreciate film AT ALL when I was just a young punk.

It's really strange when I saw this movie when it first came out, I was 14 or 15 years old and I hated it. I thought it was a mad boring piece of crap movie about a weird gay guy. Decided to watch it again because I didn't know phillipe seymore hoffman was in it and DAMB. I def rate it 10/10. Superb acting all around. Stunning visuals, great story. I really didn't appreciate film AT ALL when I was just a young punk.
Watching now

Watching now

Pretty good flick. Pretty weird that I'm just now watching it as my pops has had the DVD for some time now. As a kid I always used to skip over it when choosing a movie to watch :lol:

^
soa and dexter were good in their first few seasons but fell off bad after. prison break was great the first season then got really stupid.

Goodwill hunting?

Could never get into it...I'll have to give it a spin this weekend...

"Schooled: The Price of College Sports" sports doc. about ncaa exploiting the "student athletes"...9/10

"A Lonely Place to Die"...really strange action thriller...couldn't really keep up with it...time killer...6/10

Thinking of finally starting up The Walking Dead, because I'm basically out of TV shows to watch. Never seen an episode, any opinions on the show from fellow NTers? I know it's pretty popular and just happens to be in between seasons right now.

Thinking of finally starting up The Walking Dead, because I'm basically out of TV shows to watch. Never seen an episode, any opinions on the show from fellow NTers? I know it's pretty popular and just happens to be in between seasons right now.

It's really awesome man. I just started this last year and got caught up before the season 4 premiere and I have enjoyed it so far. There are times where episodes at a time seem to drag but its all worth it for the overall picture. Things can come back into play at anytime so paying attention during the slow ones is always important.

Give it a shot. If you watch the first three episodes and aren't hooked, you probably won't like the rest of the show.

Season 3 was just so different with the new storyline, but I still enjoyed it ok. Season 4 has been pretty good so far, i'm patiently waiting for next weekend for sure.

I'll have to subscribe to that thread again. :smokin

Back
Top Bottom