The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Master of None :pimp:

Binge watched 6 episodes last night

did the same, loved the 2nd episode, writing was on point for sure. Like how the show varies in themes too. I hate myself for binge watching it though, since it's gonna be a year till we get a season 2

Always happy to hear other come around to Friday Night Lights. Female Co-Worker told me she started watching it and is in love.

Has anyone REWATCHED an entire series over?

I have to LOVE the show(and I guess that means i throw a finale party or recieve gifts about the show from friends that just know me)
but yes

I've rewatched LOST 4 times(really liked that show, not so much the ending but the journey was great)
there's also this version called "chronological LOST" where it takes place literally in chronological order, so it starts with the jacob and MIB orgin story then jumps to when Ben arrived to the island and that whole 70's storyline, then you get all the flashbacks in pretty close order leading up to the plane crash, and so forth, when multiple things happen at the same time(like the plane crash) the screen splits and shows it all happening at once on seperate screens.
so they'll show everything that happened on the plane
-rose and jacks interaction
-charlie in the bathroom
-kate and the guard
all on seperate screens and when the plane splits a screen will pop up and show the episode where ben watched the plane go down then even more screens will popup to show the other half of the plane
(someone edited good) so it pays to have a big tv screen as that's just one example where things on that show happen at the same time
it's a pretty crazy way to experience the show, and it even answers some questions I had

Breaking bad 3-4 times
but the last time i just started on season 3

Last edited:
One Tree Hill

Breaking Bad

Friday Night Lights

Shotimes Soul Food

Are the shows that I could see myself rewatching

I've rewatched a ton of series. For a couple I rewatched the previous seasons leading up until the final season.. like I watched BB seasons 1-4 before season 5.

The Wire about 3 times.

Breaking Bad twice

Mad Men

Friday Night Lights 2-3 times.

Game of Thrones

Couple of others I'm forgetting too

I have to LOVE the show(and I guess that means i throw a finale party or recieve gifts about the show from friends that just know me)
but yes

I've rewatched LOST 4 times(really liked that show, not so much the ending but the journey was great)
there's also this version called "chronological LOST" where it takes place literally in chronological order, so it starts with the jacob and MIB orgin story then jumps to when Ben arrived to the island and that whole 70's storyline, then you get all the flashbacks in pretty close order leading up to the plane crash, and so forth, when multiple things happen at the same time(like the plane crash) the screen splits and shows it all happening at once on seperate screens.
so they'll show everything that happened on the plane
-rose and jacks interaction
-charlie in the bathroom
-kate and the guard
all on seperate screens and when the plane splits a screen will pop up and show the episode where ben watched the plane go down then even more screens will popup to show the other half of the plane
(someone edited good) so it pays to have a big tv screen as that's just one example where things on that show happen at the same time
it's a pretty crazy way to experience the show, and it even answers some questions I had

Breaking bad 3-4 times
but the last time i just started on season 3
Holy **** that sounds amazing.

One Tree Hill

Breaking Bad

Friday Night Lights

Shotimes Soul Food

I've re-watched Sopranos and The Wire at least 5 times each.

For some reason, I've watched season 1 of Prison Break a few times
laugh.gif

Quote:

No problem, I suspect a lot of people will slowly come around to it. I forgot all about it until I saw it premiered and all the high praise.

Usually I'm skeptical, but I don't think I've seen one bad review. It's just a really confident and polished show. Maybe if you're not a fan of that kind of style or a fan of Aziz's humor or ideas, but it's really well done that even if you're not a fan.. you can still appreciate it.
Just finished watching the entire season. One of the better shows I've seen lately.

- Really liked the Parents + Old People episodes the most -- confirms that I'll never put my parents in the old home

- I'm glad Aziz and his team had major control over this; all of the episodes are very relatable (the searching for tacos on Yelp / Google part =
laugh.gif
)

- I also thought the performances by all the actors (even guests) were spot-on; seems like everyone gave it their all and it clearly shows

- That swerve ending was great 
laugh.gif

- Noel Wells = would shoot up the club  
smokin.gif

Last edited:
One Tree Hill
Breaking Bad
Friday Night Lights
Shotimes Soul Food

I've rewatched One Tree Hill and Friday Night Lights. I find it interesting catching minor details that you may have overlooked in the first watch since you didn't know the actual ending at the time.

Martin has been rewatched a few time as well.

Last edited:
Holy **** that sounds amazing.

yeah it is, def something to checkout if you have the time(and external hard drive space) as I said it's not official but someone who was a complete fanatic edited it on point. I mean the airport/ plane crash scenes are the highlights for sure as ALOT goes on at the same time, but it was also a great surprise when the screen would randomly split into 2 or 3 or more for a scene that you hadn't realized went on at the same time. plus you get to watch every flashback/flashforward/island story in one continuous motion and while i like the format of the show it got pretty hard to follow(everytime I rewatched it in it's original format, i learned something new)

you can get it by just googling "chronologically LOST"

That master of none is funny as hell, none of the episodes relate to the previous one, then he gets a girl and all of a sudden its basically them too for a few episodes.

Whats a good gangster/crime movie to watch. Ive seen most of the known ones

Agreed on the girlfriend part of MON, but from the looks of the last episode hopefully they are done with that and continue to have aziz star himself.

So glad to read how well received MoN has been on here and with everyone I've spoken to. The music supervisor was really on point. I personally have been playing Mark Morrison - Return of the Mack a lot this past year and to hear it on the show was :smokin

Loved the Master of None so much that I plan to re-watch the whole season over!

BTW does any one know the name of the intro track in the Finale with the Next Episode inspiration (or is it the Original / vice versa)?

It's sampled from this:

haha dude I went through the same hung with mark morrisons return of the Mack. I lost it when I heard it on the show. Love it

Always happy to hear other come around to Friday Night Lights. Female Co-Worker told me she started watching it and is in love.

watched breaking bad series 3 times (once by myelf. second time after convincing my girl to watch. 3rd time during better call saul)

I usually watch a series or two of GoT prior to the newest series starting.

Watched the 1st season of walking dead about 3 times, but never re-watched any other seasons of the show.

I went through a span of watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia every night to go to sleep, so I've probably seen that entire series about 20 times through hahaha

^ Props to you. I have yet to finish Breaking Bad on my first run through. I've been stuck on S4 for the over a year lol.

MON was equal parts funny and to me inwas able to relate to a lot of the situation. Wasnt overall romantic either was pretty normal

was never a fan of aziz, but he grew on me after finishing up the first season. Maybe cause he was himself and not forcing in the role.

MON is okay, first episode was good. Second was ok, Aziz father was overdoing it and his mom felt like every she was forcing everything, I mean it makes sense this is probably their first time on anything screen related but it's enjoyable for what it is. Really don't find Aziz himself too funny, but the show itself is decent enough.

Finished Narcos recently, really interesting show. The guy that plays Escobar does a hell of a job. Season 2 should be great, I think they're filming now.

Looking forward to Jessica Jones next week.

Back
Top Bottom