The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Watched Black episodes Nosedive and San Junipero lsst night. Nosedive was s great episode and its scary to think that a future like that wouldn't be outside of the realm of possibility. But man....San Junipero was quite simply a masterpiece. I absolutely loved that episode. I was left feeling optimistic but slightly devistated.

Joe Rogan: Triggered was pretty funny. Hilarious theory on the Kardashians at the end.

just finished mirror black.. still need to get around to Narcos, but I'm just going save that for now since i have other crap to watch currently

what do you guys think of sense8, for those who watch?

Last edited:
Just started new season of black mirror. Still currently watching first episode but too much real life :lol:

Hey fellas, I need some help. I cancelled my Netflix and Hulu accounts about two months ago because I've been using Kodi as my source of TV watching. Anyway, most of the Netflix original series and documentaries are on Kodi, but I haven't been able to locate 13th on there. I don't know if I'm typing it in wrong or what. Anybody know another method of watching it?

I liked JJ better. LC wasn't bad but some of the characters were goofy and i'm not sure if it was on purpose.

JJ was definitely better than LC. I have problems with the flow of the show and some of the actors. It just wasn't believable enough, which is why I still haven't finished the damn thing. I'm on ep 6 or 7 and I'm not hyped to watch.

Glad it isn't just me. I had mad free time this weekend to binge it and I just can't get myself past episode 6. **** is a chore to watch.

I won't say it's awful, but it's nowhere near as good as people are saying it is. Some of the acting is cringeworthy.

I thought something was wrong with me yo. I feel the exact same bro, and when I hear other people say how good it is I feel like Im crazy for not seeing whatever the hell it is that they see.

Finally after a long day at work about enjoy this black mirror. I'm ready for my mind to be blown.

What is Black mirror about? I think I saw some of the first episode a while a go. I think the mayor, or some politician had to have sex with a pig or something like that. I turned it off so I don't know anything else about it.

When did the 13th drop?

Same weekend as Birth of a Nation I think.

finished the first 5 episodes of sense8, cool concept.. but ummmm they going start connecting them a lil more soon, right?

Don't worry. It'll all start insersecting soon. Really good payoff I thought. My favorite netflix show.

Produced by Paramount Television and Anonymous Content, the dark comedy is based on 2014 Norwegian comedy series Maniac. A search for a writer is underway with Stone and Hill set to star and Fukunaga set to direct every episode. Paramount TV and Anonymous Content are shopping Maniac, with the goal for a straight-to-series pickup with a potential two-season order.

The original Maniac revolves around Espen, a mental patient at the psychiatric ward who escapes reality and lives in a fantasy world in his mind. In addition to starring, Stone and Hill would exec produce alongside Fukunaga, Anonymous Content's Michael Sugar and Doug Wald.

The comedy hails from Anonymous Content and Fukunaga's overall deals with Paramount. WME packaged the project.

Fukunaga is fresh off Beasts of No Nation, with Maniac set to serve as a reunion for the Emmy-winning director and True Detective producers Anonymous Content.

Oscar nominees Hill (Moneyball, The Wolf of Wall Street) and Stone (Birdman) would also reunite on Maniac after co-starring in feature Superbad.

Netflix has landed another hot project.

After being pitched around town just last week, the streaming giant has nabbed “Maniac,” the Cary Fukunaga-directed series starring Emma Stone and Jonah Hill, sources tell Variety.

“Maniac” has landed a straight-to-series 10-episode order at Netflix.

The dark comedy is about a guy who lives a fantasy life in his dreams, but in reality, is locked up at an institution. Both Hill and Stone will play patients in the institution.

It’s no surprise that Netflix landed “Maniac,” given the company’s relationship with Fukunaga who was behind their first feature film “Beasts of No Nation.”

Paramount TV and Anonymous Content are behind “Maniac,” which is still without a writer. With a director of Fukunaga’s stature and A-listers in Hill and Stone, it’s likely a top scribe will pen the project, which is based on a 2015 Norwegian series.

Cary Fukanaga Talks Maniac

Speaking about his new Netflix series “Maniac,” starring Emma Stone and Jonah Hill, based on the Norwegian series of the same name created by Espen Petrus Andersen Lervaag and Håkon Bast Mossige, and being written by Patrick Somerville (“The Bridge”), Fukunaga said, “It’s a new story, new characters and a new tone. We’ve just taken the seed from the Norwegian series. Patrick is not adapting it, he’s creating it.”

"The genesis of “Maniac” was a casual affair. “I really wanted to work with Emma. And she wanted to work with Jonah. So we went to his house, had a glass of wine, and we agreed to do a show,” Fukunaga said.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom