The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

@a blinkin I wasn't in love with burning sands either. Obviously it will get heavily scrutinized in our community.

I totally agree that it had more of a negative message to send rather than anything else.

Thanks for putting me on to love.

Overall it's a great show. There are some cringeworthy moments.

I was Bing watching it last night while I was :smokin I have to say there were a few moments where I had to pause the movie cause I was laughing so hard. So hard that my chest started to hurt and I started coughing. Especially that scene where he tattoos that guy. I was dying.

And some quote worthy moments too. Probably going to finish off season 1 tonight. I hope season 2 is just as good.

Last edited:
Thought Burning Sands was an ok movie. Wish it would have shown more of the positives in being Greek. They did touch on the networking part for a brief second and how the pledges became stronger friends throughout their process. I felt like most of the stuff in the movie was over the top but hey there's a possibility that some of that goes on in certain orgs/chapters. I mean if we really want to break it down hazing happens in almost every aspect of life from the interns that are forced to walk from point A to point B if they want a job to the people that have to put up with the process of joining the military. Hazing is a conversation that must be had, but I wish it wasn't something that that people mainly associated with BGLOs.

On another note, I felt like the acting was on point. Saw a few familiar actors so that was a plus. Wish they wouldn't have left us with that cliffhanger ending.

I was Bing watching it last night while I was :smokin I have to say there were a few moments where I had to pause the movie cause I was laughing so hard. So hard that my chest started to hurt and I started coughing. Especially that scene where he tattoos that guy. I was dying.

And some quote worthy moments too. Probably going to finish off season 1 tonight. I hope season 2 is just as good.

That boy Len was about to hit Gus with a 2 piece combo.

I would say that season 2 is just as good or better. I'm rewatching it now.

Last edited:
love season 2
dis dude zig zagging away from the cops
roll.gif
Caught that NFL tackle tho lol
Just finished Love season 2. It was
smokin.gif
. This had me invested from start to finish. But imma wait before I expound any further until Yall get caught up. We gotta talk about that ending.
Only half way through, hopin' to finish up tonight
All I gotta say is Gus is a super simp lol
He disgusts me sometimes
There was very little that was enjoyable about Burning Sands, for me.

The positives that can be pulled from this film are too light, and Not because there weren't enough of them or that they were poorly done.
They were in fact well written and handled genuinely, it's just that they are overpowered by what's shown to be a scummy brotherhood that requires more than sacrifice and humility, they are....too much.

I hated this film, there's no feel good to it at all.
Outside of one shining moment where the Professor asks Zurich to lead the frat into the future in a better way, it's just more scum around each new corner that is turned. Heaps of scum and it's inescapable.
This leads me to believe there is an intended point, and it's not to shine light on or bring credit to Greek Houses or Frats.

School Daze>
Quote:
Thought Burning Sands was an ok movie. Wish it would have shown more of the positives in being Greek. They did touch on the networking part for a brief second and how the pledges became stronger friends throughout their process. I felt like most of the stuff in the movie was over the top but hey there's a possibility that some of that goes on in certain orgs/chapters. I mean if we really want to break it down hazing happens in almost every aspect of life from the interns that are forced to walk from point A to point B if they want a job to the people that have to put up with the process of joining the military. Hazing is a conversation that must be had, but I wish it wasn't something that that people mainly associated with BGLOs.

On another note, I felt like the acting was on point. Saw a few familiar actors so that was a plus. Wish they wouldn't have left us with that cliffhanger ending.
Burning Sands is next, gonna watch that with the wife after I finish Love and before I rewatch it with her

Pretty much agree. Decent film. As someone who went through pledging a BGLO, a lot of their process was definitely over-exaggerated which I get since it's a movie.

just started love as well...***** hilarious...course i was indulging in the :smokin as well but still...

Guys should have knocked the cobwebs off of that writers box
mean.gif
Almost punched my TV when he said no. Her and the hipster chick at the bar who all of a sudden got a boyfriend after he shot her down

Guys should have knocked the cobwebs off of that writers box
mean.gif

Almost punched my TV when he said no. Her and the hipster chick at the bar who all of a sudden got a boyfriend after he shot her down
Smh....Gus a simp for life for passing up on them caramel yambs. Even tho she is crazy, you don't pass up on that. Gus already had Heidi, he should have smashed every woman on that set.

Last edited:
I can see Gus passing on the producer- that could affect his job. But the Daria Plaza broad, he should have had her screaming out trigger words in bed.
Love 

Last edited:

I can see Gus passing on the producer- that could affect his job. But the Daria Plaza broad, he should have had her screaming out trigger words in bed.
Love 
She already tried to fire him on the last episode of season 1. And the show was practically being cancelled. At that point he had nothing to lose. Could have gotten some yambs, stayed in that nice a** house, and could have added her to the roster.

Smh....Gus a simp for life for passing up on them caramel yambs. Even tho she is crazy, you don't pass up on that. Gus already had Heidi, he should have smashed every woman on that set.
Especially ol girl in the bar. She was beggin' him to come with her to get a drink. I hate him so much

Love 
Be that as it may, I woulda wore her out. Had her sweatin' me. She'd be interesting to see in that setting tho. Wonder if that tough attitude carries through in sex or will she be super passionate

Last edited:

She already tried to fire him on the last episode of season 1. And the show was practically being cancelled. At that point he had nothing to lose. Could have gotten some yambs, stayed in that nice a** house, and could have added her to the roster.
He's the worst

She said one and done. She wouldn't have been an issue after that night.

Gus bugging dealing with crazy Mickey and not getting some on the side

Sand Castles looks dope. Henry Cavill might be able to pull off Max Payne (Max Payne 3 version) in a few years lol.

The latest kingdom season 2 airs tonight, does anyone know if it will it air on Netflix too... or are we gonna have to wait? I have BBC channel, but I rather the no commercials BBC goes overboard with commercials.

Back
Top Bottom