The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

That cats docu made me recall that video smh.

dude was crazy.

that lady was scary with her bulging eyes and I would have pissed myself if someone uploaded a video of my workplace and @ me. Hahhahahaha

Just finished Witcher, man it's so good lol.

Yeah if you guys are confused at the beginning, you're looking at 3 timelines. Geralt and Yen are in the past, Ciri in the "present" time. Geralt and Yen live longer because of their mutations and enchantments.

I think one of the things I was gonna be apprehensive about was the CGI. But honestly the monsters look really good. The sword work was great, considering Cavill did it all himself, but definitely wish there was more.

Cinematography was pretty good, there were some pretty jarring moments with the lighting though in some scenes that just made it look bad.

Would have liked Emma Appleton to play a larger role since I really liked in her in Traitors.

Oh and not enough Roach.

All in all, I'm very happy. It's probably my favorite video game adaptation into tv/film. Can't wait for season 2.

Finished Witcher as well, pretty good to me though could've done without the timeline trick. Didn't mind it as much though as it's more episodic like Legend of Hercules/Mandalorian with the overarching story still going in the background. Haven't played the games yet and never read the book so coming in fresh with no preconceived notion, kinda refreshing. Looking forward to s2.

And I'm def a sicko cuz I wondered bout Yennefer's yeeks pre-glow up.

Finished Witcher as well, pretty good to me though could've done without the timeline trick. Didn't mind it as much though as it's more episodic like Legend of Hercules/Mandalorian with the overarching story still going in the background. Haven't played the games yet and never read the book so coming in fresh with no preconceived notion, kinda refreshing. Looking forward to s2.

And I'm def a sicko cuz I wondered bout Yennefer's yeeks pre-glow up.

I see why they did though, introducing Ciri would have sucked (IMO) if they did it at the end of the show.

The specific times though I can see being kind of confusing since the first season spans like 50 years lol.

Them camera angles when Yen was on the tower :evil:

Dont **** with Cats was a good watch. First two episodes were really good, but didn't like how they ended it. Crazy story still though

What's even crazier to me is that this happened in the 2010s and this is the first I'm even hearing about this loser. As much as I surfed the web during that period, you'd think I'd have heard of this clown before. Hated how they kept calling him a serial killer when he only had one body, of course given the opportunity he'd have done it again... but still.

Just realize in The Witcher that "crows feet" dig by Yen to Yaskier was an aging joke.

The timeline thing took me awhile to figure out too. I was over here wondering why Sonic the Hedgehog wasn't protecting his wife until I realized that’s actually his daughter.

But where I was saying I didn’t like The Mandalorian episodes 4-6 because they felt too much like filler, this show executed the “episodic adventures” better because it had an entire hour to let the story develop and then always had time to flesh out the advancement of the overall seasons story.

Something that the 30 min episodes of The Mandalorian doesn’t really have.

What's even crazier to me is that this happened in the 2010s and this is the first I'm even hearing about this loser. As much as I surfed the web during that period, you'd think I'd have heard of this clown before. Hated how they kept calling him a serial killer when he only had one body, of course given the opportunity he'd have done it again... but still.

Damn that's wild cuz I heard about this story on here, some of us followed the whole ordeal. Not sure if there was a thread tho.

Anyone peep The Witcher yet?

Episode 1 in the books.

I'll give it an honest shot but I don't think this is it.

Terrace house is BACK. Cameo from NBA rook Rui Hachimura giving better insight than most of the main hosts.. Risako feelings changing every episode :lol:, can't make up her mind.

Anyone peep The Witcher yet?

Episode 1 in the books.

I'll give it an honest shot but I don't think this is it.

It was so-so. I'm not familiar with the source material and never played the game so the plot was a bit convoluted to me. Plus they seem to jump forward in time a bit and that was a bit confusing. GoT worked initially because even though there were a lot of moving parts, the plot was tight and everything led back to one of the major characters. With Witcher, at times Geralt seems like the main character, then Yenn, then the Princess. It wasn't until the end where these characters finally came together (sort of). Also, this show is more like Harry Potter than GoT. Way more reliance on fantasy (with lesser budget) and less focus on political drama. GoT worked in part because fantasy was kept on the periphery. There are a lot of fantasy elements in this show that I think needed to be explained better. It felt like the writers wrote this assuming most people either read the books or played the games.

Gonna go into The Witcher open minded, other than wanting Cavill to win, not knowing a thing about it other than it was/is a video game and has some books.

But gonna catch You first.

I enjoyed The Witcher, but I like that fantasy ****. It's not GOT, the comparisons were unwarranted, but it's like if someone had an idea of a good fantasy show and took it to Syfy, then someone with more money swooped in. I appreciate the timeline more after learning that of the 3 main characters, 2 don't really show up till later in the story so this was their way of introducing them all to the audience early.

Looking forward to S2, actually wish it was already wrapped.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom