The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Caught up with Fargo 3 after The Leftovers.

Mainly watched Fargo cause Nora was in it.
I couldn't get into Fargo s3 something about the story and pacing just didn't do it for me. Really liked the first two seasons and looking forward to 4. Hope that drops later this year. I'm thinking that as they just released the teaser that some episodes will likely be out in the coming months.

Watched Old Guard.

Guess it’s serialized?

And with what hey did win Charlizes character a way to lower the budget for subsequent efforts?

On the last season of Veronica Mars after I binged all 3 seasons and the movie in order. What the hell they do the theme song in the last season? Awful. Kristen bell still fine tho

Finished both seasons of Umbrella Academy.

S1 was a big chore for me.
S2 was dope as hell. Cast is on point. 5 is my favorite but all the actors are great and their dynamics as siblings are:pimp::rofl:
One of my biggest complaints is how much music is played in each episode, sometimes it teeters on too much or not needing to hear a full song.
On the other hand some of the music choices are :pimp::pimp::pimp: when paired correctly(That opening with Pogo and the Schilling song playing comes to mind)
Ellen page while I never seek out her work, I'm always happy to see her because she's still good even in wack movies

-I hope we keep doomsdays and Vanya out as main baddies for next season
-That scene with Ben and Vanya was by far the best scene of the show, both actors did an amazing job
-Diego gettin washed by pops:rofl:and the jokes that came after
- both 5's trying to hustle luther:rofl:
- I'm usually turned off by Civil rights plot lines but I def got joy out of Allison getting revenge at the restaurant
I didn't mind the music as much as how different the volume was when played! Constantly had to adjust volume to hear the dialogue to then have to quickly turn it down once a song started. Really annoying!

The OLD GUARD 5.8/8

I wonder if Quynh is going to be upset that the left her in the bottom of the Sea for 500 years?
I hope part2 isn’t going to put them against each other. Quynh linking up with somebody like Merrick who finds the key to Immortality and then she kills them after cloning herself 100x over and then going at them. Of course she’d give Andy back her immortality so that she could lock her in an Iron Casket and throw away the key. Leaving it up to Hollywood we’ve already seen The Old Guard 2. What I just described is exactly the plot.

He can't control it and yeah think objects have to be in motion. Been awhile since I've read

Doubtful its an all Asian team since these special kids popped up all over the world and not all of them were orphans.

I imagine based off what they told Hargrevees in the past a d he saw how they turned out he picked 6 different kids and made sure Ben didn't die.

Theme song was made way before anything else.

On Twitter fans of the show specifically asked Pusha T to spit in it :lol:
Correct he saw them all and was disappointed in how they all turned out, since he didn't have Ben's name or know about his ability he picked him again. The green cube we saw floating also has telekinetic abilities. Curious how he came up with the name The Squire Academy. I assume the mom left him and since she wasn't around they didn't have as soft of an upbringing.
deigo and Luther feel nerf’d compared to the others..

luther the kid was chucking dudes.. and we’ve seen him get that work from regular humans

like 5 and Allison be throwing hands even though that’s not there powers and more skill

but as far as the telekinesis or magneto powers or whatever, maybe dude can only do it in small dose.. so the knives are if someone tries to shoot him or attack him with a metal weapon
Something the third sister said when she was fighting Luther made me think. She said something along the lines you have to believe in yourself. Perhaps his strength works similar to Marvel's Gladiator. As long as he believes in himself he is one of the strongest there is, however once he starts having doubts his strength begins to wane.

Carrie **** and her doppelganger from Mindhunter, Anna Torv.
6819398b-162d-4ae5-8e81-324ec52ea2a8.jpg
Not sure who the woman on the left, but you better put some respect on Anna's name, she is nobody's doppelganger. She is the original.
P Valley is ok, its better than I thought it would be. Bout to catch up on that too.
P Valley is on what platform, saw the commercial but forgot where.
Finished The Leftovers last week, one of the best shows I’ve ever seen.
Leftovers on what platform also? Might start it now.

Umbrella Academy season 2 was really good.

I kinda forgot what diego’s power was. I thought he was just good at throwing knives and fighting. Then he stopped a bunch of bullets in midair like he was magneto. I guess he can control how objects move in the air.

ellen page is looking rough. Big forehead, really pale and skinny. Her milf wasn’t bad though.

My dude Elliott was weird but deserved some respect. He couldn’t even get buried.

Glad to see Ben will still be on the show and alive. He finally went to the white light / after life and then his siblings manage to change that too in less than a day. :lol:

When Ben found out Klaus already had a threesome with Jill and the bald guy and they had a sex swing. :rofl:

reddit is saying there’s a bunch of sparrow symbols scattered throughout the episodes.

Forreal I was asking my wife is her hair receding, because I don't remember her forehead being so big in Inception. She NEEDS to keep the hair over her forehead.
NEWS_140219595_AR_0_XNWDKVKFATWF.jpg

I am curious if it was up to her what she wears on the show, because she went full on lesbian attire as soon as the season started. Dockers and some kind of Van like shoes with oversized flannel shirts. She could have at least put on a woman's shirt every now and then.

Mindhunter is Top 5 Netflix show. Too bad the future of the show is looking bad.

High Fidelity was high key Brooklyn hipster trash. I started it and couldn’t finish it. I think the show’s best moment was the bodega worker rocking a DOOM hoodie. That’s about it.

Not sure who the woman on the left, but you better put some respect on Anna's name, she is nobody's doppelganger. She is the original.

P Valley is on what platform, saw the commercial but forgot where.

Leftovers on what platform also? Might start it now.

Forreal I was asking my wife is her hair receding, because I don't remember her forehead being so big in Inception. She NEEDS to keep the hair over her forehead.

I am curious if it was up to her what she wears on the show, because she went full on lesbian attire as soon as the season started. Dockers and some kind of Van like shoes with oversized flannel shirts. She could have at least put on a woman's shirt every now and then.

Fam, Anna is the one on the left lol. But you're right, except you got it flipped. Carrie is the bad one IRL. Anna only looks like her while in character for mindhunter.

P-Valley is on Starz. The Leftovers is on HBO.

And I agree with you and shogun. Ellen Page was looking rough, haggard and long in the tooth at certain parts of UA S2. Clothing choices were trash too.

Correct he saw them all and was disappointed in how they all turned out, since he didn't have Ben's name or know about his ability he picked him again. The green cube we saw floating also has telekinetic abilities. Curious how he came up with the name The Squire Academy. I assume the mom left him and since she wasn't around they didn't have as soft of an upbringing.
He knew about Ben. They definitely mentioned his name and that the 7th sibling died.

-I hope we keep doomsdays and Vanya out as main baddies for next season
-That scene with Ben and Vanya was by far the best scene of the show, both actors did an amazing job
-Diego gettin washed by pops:rofl:and the jokes that came after
- both 5's trying to hustle luther:rofl:
- I'm usually turned off by Civil rights plot lines but I def got joy out of Allison getting revenge at the restaurant
I liked this season more than the first, it felt like at times the first season dragged on. However once I started this season I was binging it.
Yeah around episode 9 I started rolling my eyes again with Vanya being the issue again. I was actually kind of annoyed with her story for most of the season, like hold up you just going to come into that house and take dudes wife. For a second I thought show was about to turn into Flash series, first couple of seasons shows villain was always a speedster.
Forreal I can't be mad that Diego lost I mean pops is his pops and he did handle that entire room with no problem. Pops was NICE. According to some quick searching online the Squire Academy doesn't look at them as enemies so we won't get multiple fights throughout next season.

What turns you off about civil rights plot lines?
Allison got a sexy *** face
$_57.JPG
Crazy how much she sounds like Gabrielle Union. Bruh when she rumored that red and black dress. :smh: Seems like outside of Luther and Vanya none of them have done anything else outside of the show.

He knew about Ben. They definitely mentioned his name and that the 7th sibling died.
He new about a 7th sibling but he didn't know his powers. Also chances are when they were born he was there pretty quickly so they might not have been named by there parents yet. I always thought he named the children. Even if he knew about Ben he would have needed to go to all 43 children just to be sure he sure there is only one Ben.

The fact his picture was over the mantle makes me think he is either the favorite or the strongest. Based off my research online, I doubt the strongest unless we really have no idea what he can do.
Mindhunter is Top 5 Netflix show. Too bad the future of the show is looking bad.

High Fidelity was high key Brooklyn hipster trash. I started it and couldn’t finish it. I think the show’s best moment was the bodega worker rocking a DOOM hoodie. That’s about it.
That sucks love that show and they really have so much potential on what they can do. Home could never recover after that moment in the hospital in the first season. LOL.

What turns you off about civil rights plot lines?

I'm just over those stories being told in movies and tv. At the same time I completely get why in a sense its shown, to educate people. i'm just personally tired of it. Plus I read a ton on black history and use TV purely for entertainment, stuff like that isn't what I put on for entertainment.
More into material like Get Out, Us, Fences, The Great Debators, Antwoine Fisher.
Can't wait for Tenet and Soul either.

The problem is those plotlines and setting retread the same stuff all the time.

Rarely anything new.

Next time the story finds itself in 1960s civil rights era how about a mass killing of all the racists? Breath of fresh air.

I want to sign up for HBO Max. But all of these services will start adding up.

What do you guys use for IPTV? I currently use YouTube but not a fan of the price increase.

And another one
Yeah I know one service I will NEVER subscribe to, Viacom. I don't care if they own every other service, I am good on them.
I guess search still broke or I am an idiot, the only thing coming up was Netflix thread.

Back
Top Bottom