The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

About to watch

Hores Glory
This compassionate documentary examines the daily routines and experiences of prostitutes in Thailand, Bangladesh and Mexico. More Info
Director:
Michael Glawogger

On Hulu Plus btw

Was gonna say...not streaming on Netflix >:

Which of these do people recommend highly (I haven't seen any)?

Breaking Bad
Rescue Me
The Shield
Sons of Anarchy
Friday Night Lights
Dexter
Homeleand

All-time favorite shows for reference:

The Wire
The Sopranos
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Wonder Years

What I like in dramas:

Consistency with character development, realism in acting and premise, plots, dry humor/unintentional lulz, continuity among seasons/good transitions,.

I just started House of Cards a couple days ago and I'm loving it :pimp:

I'm only on episode 4 so not a lot is happening but I love the way the story is progressing and they're setting the plot up at a nice pace.

Kevin Spacey better win all types of Emmys for his performance in this :wow: I seriously feel like I can't get a read on his character. I feel slightly nervous watching him but that whole Southern hospitality act lulls you into comfort until he strikes to remind you why he's top dog :lol:

Anyway, even though I'm not even half way done with the series, I would definitely recommend this series to everyone just off the strength of the little I've seen. I can't wait to see what other programs Netflix is working on in the future :pimp:

On Hulu Plus btw

Breaking Bad
Rescue Me
The Shield
Sons of Anarchy
Friday Night Lights
Dexter
Homeleand

If I could go back, I would've passed on Rescue Me, Sons of Anarchy and Dexter. Homeland might be on it's way too.
They all start well, but you gotta ignore a lot of bad to enjoy them down the stretch.

By the end, the best those shows will be was when you heard about how great they were.

But yeah...Breaking Bad is ending this summer, so get on that quick...then The Shield.
And just mix in Friday Night Lights, cuz both of those shows get pretty brutal. :smh: :lol:

Like Water
This insightful documentary brings viewers up close and personal with Ultimate Fighting Championship title holder Anderson Silva, aka The Spider. This follows the day-to-day life of Silva leading up to his 2010 fight vs. Chael Sonnen.

This is DAMN good. DAMN good. Right now the 2nd highest rated BIOGRAPHICAL Documentary on All of Netflix. If you need some motivation.

Breaking Bad
Rescue Me
The Shield
Sons of Anarchy
Friday Night Lights
Dexter
Homeleand

All-time favorite shows for reference:

The Wire
The Sopranos
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Wonder Years

What I like in dramas:

Consistency with character development, realism in acting and premise, plots, dry humor/unintentional lulz, continuity among seasons/good transitions,.

Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Friday Night Lights, Dexter and Homeland. But Breaking Bad, FNL and Dexter for sure

one movie i havent seen listed here is A Boy & his Dog.

its post-apocalyptic and very interesting. its older than star wars but well worth ur time. it indpired the video game series fallout. its amazing.

im halfway thru seas 3 of bb.

walt jr is the man. i hope in seas 4/5 he plays an even biggr role .....dont tell me tho! lol

jesse blowin up his hazard suit like a balloon. classic

Last edited:
Did the first episode not hook you? Or did you just not get around to continuing? Because I'd say rewatch the pilot and that should tell you more than anything we could say.

You likely won't find a better couple on television than Coach Taylor and Tami Taylor. Ups and downs, thick and thin, and everything in between, it's those two that are the foundation of the show.

Coach and his relationship with his players are another standout element of the show. You genuinely feel good when these athletes get the victory and you're right there with them when they're down. Next to The Wire, I can't recall a show evoking such emotion from its audience. Not in a "I can't believe they just did that" kind of shock... but a sincere connection to these characters.

The dialogue is realistic, the movement is natural, and the relationships are strong. 

Hits real life issues facing students, parents, teachers, schools, teams. Racism, money, drugs, sex, it's all there. 

Season 2 of FNL, and the coach daughter is making me rage. Playing my boy QB1 man smh. I would smash the hell out of her though lmao

Btw, I've been thinking and besides coach, the best actor/actress on this show is without a doubt Tyra.

I freaking love how this show is less about actual football games and more about life issues. :pimp:

My only issue with this show, is Season One and all the last second wins lmao. Thats it. That tells you its a great show if thats the only problem lol

Last edited:
The show's only MAJOR issue was Landry's plot in season 2. It wasn't the best idea in the first place, but the writer's strike happened and it wasn't how they wanted to end the season at all.

Also, let's not discuss specifics unless using spoilers for those who haven't seen it yet.
I tend to forget Season 2 ever happened.
Let me know now, does the series drop off like crazy after the GOAT season 1 or does it rebound after Season 2?
It rebounds fine and continues to be excellent. Don't worry.

Last edited:
Let me know now, does the series drop off like crazy after the GOAT season 1 or does it rebound after Season 2?

It definitely rebounds after the second season. Actually, the producers dont even mention most of the stuff that happens in Season 2 during the third season. The hispanic kid that tries to join the team disappears, Lyla is no longer a religious freak, etc. Worst part of it all is the writers strike happened during this season so a lot of the storylines are never really resolved.

There's still some good stuff going on in Season 2 though, Matt and Smash especially had some good scenes during the latter part of the season.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom