***The Official NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 2012-13 SEASON THREAD***

:\,Hope Hernandez's ankle isn't too badly hurt. That replay didn't look too good :smh:

Last edited:
that looked REALLY bad. severe high ankle sprain or even a break/fracture. hope its only 6-8 weeks

I apologize for jinxing Hernandez. He wasn't twisting and turning for YAC but it looks like he's gonna be out for some time. I hope dude doesn't become the next Mr. Glass.
frown.gif

the one knock on aaron is that he's kinda soft. gets hurt easy. but theyre saying it's not broken. so we're looking at high ankle sprain i guess? thats like 6-8 weeks maybe?

why are we playing like a rushing team? spread it out and let it rip. let TB12 win this thing. just block that pass rush. i know it's hard to stop the defense from sacking your QB when they're rushing a whopping four guys...but c'mon. fix it

/rant

Poor performance all around and we almost escaped with the W. I agree,we didn't deserve a W :smh:

Last edited:
absolutely, DSK. didn't deserve to win.

that said, this loss is on mcdaniels for thinking we have walter payton in the backfield. we waited way to ******g long to abandon the run. we are not a running team. i don't get it. he killed so many drives with runs. pathetic. mcdaniels must be on that nostalgia for smashmouth football NTer steez.

hernandez out for next week is killer. going to baltimore...i can wait. yes, i said CAN.

^ that holding call on gronk to kill that TD was absolute BS...but these refs have been bad for EVERYONE. so we can't complain about it too much. it shouldn't have come down to that one play or a kick anyway.

Agree w/ you Deadset. Josh's gameplan was so damn poor...couldn't get into a rhythm until the end and that's after they started going no-huddle which should have been executed wayyyy earlier. I know Brady got sacked a few times but it's almost like their goal was to prevent him from getting hit w/ these programmed run plays that AZ saw coming every time.

Even though Gostowski was money the entire game, I wasn't feeling too confident about the kick at the end because it all just seemed too good to be true. Everything happened so damn quick.

It would've been nice to play a tomato can team next week but they have to go to Baltimore and face those boys after they lost a close game today too.
sick.gif
Man...

Bernard Pollard already lickin' his lips. (pause)
^ that holding call on gronk to kill that TD was absolute BS...but these refs have been bad for EVERYONE. so we can't complain about it too much. it shouldn't have come down to that one play or a kick anyway.
Eh, on that one replay I thought I saw the hold but maybe I gotta see it again. Feel the same way about the refs...no use complaining about them since they've been bad all around.

Last edited:
Not sure how we can say we were bad all around. Defense showed up once again. Let a couple third down plays go but compared to last year we cannot complain. We are getting tackaways and shutting guys down. Larry fitz was quiet.

Josh mccdaniels looking like bill obrien wit da playcalls
We running on third downs smh
Gronk droppin a td in the end zone.
We overall look bad on offense
Any fan knows do not trust gostowski. We shouldve kept pushing for the td. 42yarder is no chipshot esp for gostowski.
Leaving the stadium here is quiet as ****.

Excuse the typos.

We need to convert on 3rd

^ defense was stellar, no doubt. the cardinals only TD was off the blocked punt putting them on the 2 yard line (after a welker drop).

Last edited:
Yup exactly. Its a bad loss but lets try to look at some positives. It will be easier to fix the o tjan the d such aa last year. We will be fine. The up and down emotions are tough. The stadium was rockin. Then the kick smh

on another note...we all i know i DESPISE julian edelman. and figures that this dips*** is the one that rolled up hernandez's ankle. hate this dude :lol: :smh:

Yup exactly. Its a bad loss but lets try to look at some positives. It will be easier to fix the o tjan the d such aa last year. We will be fine. The up and down emotions are tough. The stadium was rockin. Then the kick smh
im trying =/

that was a bonehead move by gronkowski , holding calls that late in the game during a crucial drive are unacceptable

we did a good job of moving the chains for the most part and the defense only allowed 200ish total offense

but saying the ravens game will be tough would be an understatement

also brandon spikes was awfully active , played well 
pimp.gif

as did hightower and mayo , defense is 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Long @ss drive home i had time to think about the game. The d def had some big plays and shouldve had more. Hightower def should got that interception that was tipped up. I believe by chung. I also think sterling moore missed one too. However big improvement from last year so im not trying to be ticky tacky.

I just watched the fk on nfl.com since they didnt replay it at the stadium. All i can say is wow. I was sitting on the left side of the stadium so i know he missed but couldnt tell by much. Did it even hit the safety net in the rear? smh.

We usually step up in big games and next sun night is no different. Have to take away Raymell RIce. Welker needs to start for sure.

As for hernandex being out 6 weeks it def does suck but at the same time hopefully we go back to 3wr and they realize how impt welker is.
18-1 this year doesnt seem so bad

^yeah, Welker needs to start. Brady said that Edelman earned more playing time , and I don't think he's doing that bad of a job, so whatever it takes to win I'm fine with.  If he ends up being as good or better than Welker that would be grate since he's younger. 
yeah, we were lucky to even get the fumble in the first place.

Last edited:
Not sure if this was discussed in the game thread or in here yet.....but I am shocked and shaking my head as to how the end of the game was handled.

I dont understand why the Patriots decided to let the clock run down prior to attempting the kick. I mean, it wasnt a chip shot field goal (clearly). They had around a minute left to go. Why not run a few more plays and make the kick shorter? I would have understood if the game was tied. But the Pats were losing. A missed kick means a loss, not a "we can get them in OT." It made no sense to me. Dont you think 2 plays and 8 yards would have made a world of difference? Didnt understand it at all.

Any Pats fans have thoughts on this?

(For the record, I made these comments prior to him missing the kick.)

Last edited:
^ you bring up the same point as alot of us fans. I dont care what they say on espn. Gostowski is not a clutch kicker. Somehow this man is the best kicker in a pats uniform of all time due to stats. I clearly remember him kicking fg's going into the half and i was already saying time to grab a brew bc its a def miss. I might be harsh but ive seen him choke all too often.

With that being said i totally agree with you that we shouldve kept moving the ball. Not only bc we didnt have trust in Gostowski but in the last few plays what did the arizona defense do? absolutely nothing, they were tired. Us losing doesnt excuse the fact we didnt play well offensively and left some plays in all 3 phases but it wouldve sure felt better being 2-0 than 1-1 esp going into Baltimore. Gostowski couldve been the savior but the loss isnt his fault. I believe vinatieri as clutch as he is missed a fg in all 3 sb we won. I know for a fact 2 with 1 being blocked.

dland..it's a good point, one that a lot of us are wondering about. in my mind:

josh mcdaniel's playcalling was too conservative yesterday. overall in the second half, his decision to keep running the ball buried us. we ALL saw what our offense does (and did yesterday) through the air in a two minute type situation. would have been easy. your buddy deuce thinks it's because the team no longer has faith in brady (absolute ********). the whole MO so far this season has been on not abandoning the run and being balanced. it killed us yesterday as we waited way too long to abandon the run. but after that fumble, you saw he STILL wanted to run even with no timeouts. we should have been throwing downfield to get inside the 20. but in general, way too conservative yesterday. belichick specifically said we were out-coached. given how the defense played, that was a shot at josh, no doubt.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom