The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Thank you for your post.

On another note, I have a pair of AM1s that seem hard as **** on the foot. Any recommendations on insoles? Or am I still in the process of breaking these in (been a year on this pair)

This is the pair of hard *** sneaks.
View media item 2140782

Can someone explain to me the difference between Air Max Ultra Essential and the Air Max Ultra Moire
As was said above "essential" usually means OG build, none of that molded, no-sew uppers. I understand the question, but I don't see much difference between ultra and ultra moire, and there's nothing "essential" about an ultra. The upper and midsoles are completely different from an OG or essential build. It's semantics IMO.

Thank you for your post.

On another note, I have a pair of AM1s that seem hard as **** on the foot. Any recommendations on insoles? Or am I still in the process of breaking these in (been a year on this pair)

This is the pair of hard *** sneaks.
some are just hard on the foot depending on where they are produced.  i find the china made are rock hard.  older ones made in thailand or vietnam have some give.  the best thing to do to alleviate this problem is give them to me (if theyre a size 9.5).  hahaha.  also, move this to the am1 thread. 

Nice work 90 how much did they set you back?
Under 3. Dude put em up on eBay and he lived close to me so I hit him up and asked to meet up. I met him At this really nice house and out comes this probably 18 year old kid with his dad. The kid proceeds to break out Grail after Grail. DS desert clay 90s, bacons and more. dad tells me he's got at least 80 pairs. I guess dad is footing the bill. Anyway i was able to negotiate a sweet *** deal, and line up some future pickups for sure.

In other news... I've checked another one off the list. 2004 DQM Bacons. The hype is real. This is a very high quality shoe. Overall Condition is Hella clean
pimp.gif
nice pick up 
smokin.gif
DS pairs go for $400-$550, but your pair is probably worn judging by the creases at the toebox, quality like the DQM's is very rare nowadays

Yeah they're worn, but the creasing on the toe box is very minimal. The pic of the midsole is how they look all around, no cracking or chipping. Over all very nice considering the age.

Now I've gotta negotiate the desert clays. 2005 311036-011
The quality on these is amazing.
EDIT- He was asking 250$, anyone have any idea of a fair price?

Last edited:
Now I've gotta negotiate the desert clays. 2005 311036-011
The quality on these is amazing.
EDIT- He was asking 250$, anyone have any idea of a fair price?

This isnt the high market days for AM90s. IMO a big MAYBE for $200 at most. Too much of a gamble for a pair from that era. ( Weak/dried out midsoles & foggy bubbles)

This isnt the high market days for AM90s. IMO a big MAYBE for $200 at most. Too much of a gamble for a pair from that era. ( Weak/dried out midsoles & foggy bubbles)
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I had them in my hand and these babies are perfect.

I had them in my hand and these babies are perfect.
my old AM90s are still looking fine, i have stuff from 2001 that is still intact, with no foggy air units and with a super firm midsole, btw i would offer $180 for the desert clays, thats the max he can get from me, they are deff not worth $250 imo

Last edited:
my old AM90s are still looking fine, i have stuff from 2001 that is still intact, with no foggy air units and with a super firm midsole, btw i would offer $180 for the desert clays, thats the max he can get from me, they are deff not worth $250 imo
I've got a bunch from then too and hopefully many more to come. You've gotta get truly NDS or better, or forget it. Unfortunately That's when all the dope collab's were.

Thanks for the price check. I think he would do it, but if I buy another pair of shoes this month my wife is gonna divorce me. :wink:

I've got a bunch from then too and hopefully many more to come. You've gotta get truly NDS or better, or forget it. Unfortunately That's when all the dope collab's were.

Thanks for the price check. I think he would do it, but if I buy another pair of shoes this month my wife is gonna divorce me.
wink.gif
you're welcome, just cop the shoes without telling your wife, and stash them at your friends house and sneak them into your home when your wife is sleeping or at work
tongue.gif

you're welcome, just cop the shoes without telling your wife, and stash them at your friends house and sneak them into your home when your wife is sleeping or at work :tongue:
:lol: I'm not sure it's the sneakers she'll notice. [emoji]129297[/emoji][emoji]128581[/emoji]

Dunno about others but I actually like the way these crease, materials make a huge difference

Back
Top Bottom