The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

You know I'm starting to get sick of the Crap we're being served by Nike on a regular basis. Some of the quality on these other brands is sooo much better than the brand and specifically model we're all so loyal to? The AM90 is such an iconic runner it deserves better. I'll always rock and collect 90s, but damn they ain't making it easy. I don't know how some of these other companies are providing such better quality materials at a relative price point? Until we as consumers stop agreeing to buy less quality for more money it won't change. The struggle is real :lol:

Theyll do what they do with all their shoes that dont sell. Not make them. Its true across the board, the quality has suffered greatly due to the mass production process, they stay pushing that bottom line.

Last edited:
Maybe the quality is better, but Air Max is a statement, specially here in Europe.

IMO the quality is still good enough. Compared  to other sneakers the AM1s and the 90s are undisputed!

I'd never wear an other brand/model, I don't care...

But it's fact that Nike should improve some things, urgently!

PP

AM1 quality is the worst from all AMs, best quality AM when it comes down to material are the 95s and the TNs imo and 3rd the AM90s

Maybe the quality is better, but Air Max is a statement, specially here in Europe.
IMO the quality is still good enough. Compared  to other sneakers the AM1s and the 90s are undisputed!

PP

I love 1s and 90s but GR quality on say Puma BOG or Adidas EQT models is far far better. If I want a solid shoe to wear day in day out id go for them before most AM GRs although agree with AMD 95 quality is a bit better

Don't know if the quality of the Pumo BOG oder Adidas EQT is so much better. But hey, look at the design of those - are u serious?!?!

You know I'm starting to get sick of the Crap we're being served by Nike on a regular basis. Some of the quality on these other brands is sooo much better than the brand and specifically model we're all so loyal to? The AM90 is such an iconic runner it deserves better. I'll always rock and collect 90s, but damn they ain't making it easy. I don't know how some of these other companies are providing such better quality materials at a relative price point? Until we as consumers stop agreeing to buy less quality for more money it won't change. The struggle is real :lol:

Agreed. Opened my eyes to different brands (New Balance, Saucony, etc.) just recently. I'm glad I did. Not just Nike anymore. The quality of the others compared to Nike and adidas is just :smokin for the price they're going for. Bought more pairs this year than any other point in my lifetime because of it. :x :lol:

I'm up for some Horween AM90s. Make it happen, Nike. :nerd:

Last edited:

PP
That's what makes it even more of a problem for me. I'll never not rock 90s, it's far to much of a part of me. It's just when compared, apples to apples I.E same price points, they're in the bottom regarding quality. I'm obviously not talking silhouette, because we're undisputed there. It just sucks to be such loyal customers as we all are. Can't say I'm very optimistic. @airmaxdisciple I agree with what you said regarding order of quality, IMO.

Agreed. Opened my eyes to different brands (New Balance, Saucony, etc.) just recently. I'm glad I did. Not just Nike anymore. The quality of the others compared to Nike and adidas is just :smokin for the price they're going for. Bought more pairs this year than any other point in my lifetime because of it. :x :lol:

I'm up for some Horween AM90s. Make it happen, Nike. :nerd:
Or even some B or C grade leather, opposed to the Rat leather they're currently using that creases upon opening the box. You can use just even a little bit better leather that doesn't crease like the current stuff does. It seems like Jordans have been effected by the increase in price with decrease in quality worst of all? I'll stop now.

Rat leather Lolol.

I hear you though, I've been really tempted to pick up some new balances lately. The quality and shape looks great on them, but I'm just too loyal to Nike for some stupid reason.

Rat leather Lolol.

I hear you though, I've been really tempted to pick up some new balances lately. The quality and shape looks great on them, but I'm just too loyal to Nike for some stupid reason.
the reason is not stupid - it's simple! They are the best...

In our office there is a guy who collects Sneakers of all brands - everytime he's wearing NEW Balances, Saucony, Diadora...I feel sorry for him
laugh.gif

Rat leather Lolol.

the AJ1 thread called them scrotum leather :rofl:

Made in USA/UK New Balances are great. Asian-made ones... not so much.

Anyway, I only mess with the other brands for casual wear/activity-specific wear mostly. Still wear mostly Nike/adidas for sports.

New balances have been pretty quality for quite some time, sauconys have been ok, but the older ones, like nikes, were higher quality. Pumas have been ok, I have some cheap *** r698's with better suede than ive been getting on newer nike stuff. Adidas is ok, depending on the model. I love all my eqts, my favorite model of adidas. But my heart belongs to 1's, tn's, and 90's. Even with the instant paint wear from tn's, and it looks like fingernaiIl polish, they are probably my favorite at this point. If they redo the shape this upcoming year on the 1's, im in trouble. My closet doors are going to blow off the hinges like an action movie type trouble. But all I need in a 90 is a clean colorway in something that actually came off an animal.

I dig the 577's 996's 998's 1500's 1600's, but it doesnt take much for them to slip into granpa shoes. They have a nice little collection going on, and on top of the quality they use, they are alright.

All we can do is hope that they will return to a higher level of quality. For now i'll just keep on copping from the early to mid 1990s, and the occasional GR or Collab. My love for AM90s is borderline obsession, IMO the AM90 is the GOAT period, and it will continue to drain my bank account like a dope heads. It's really just a shame that they've got the dopest silhouette ever to work off and are not using materials that do it justice? It's still all love though. No disrespect to the heads that are feeling all the current stuff. Keep rockin what you like.

All we can do is hope that they will return to a higher level of quality. For now i'll just keep on copping from the early to mid 1990s, and the occasional GR or Collab. My love for AM90s is borderline obsession, IMO the AM90 is the GOAT period, and it will continue to drain my bank account like a dope heads. It's really just a shame that they've got the dopest silhouette ever to work off and are not using materials that do it justice? It's still all love though. No disrespect to the heads that are feeling all the current stuff. Keep rockin what you like.
Not that there is anything wrong with, but you crossed into obsession about a decade ago.

Good lucking finding any. Let alone wearable pairs. Or you just buying for collecting sake?
I'd say I wear maybe 90% of my shoes. The earlyist is probably 2004. Most are more like mid 90s I guess. They're all wearable, it's just getting risky. I've posted many Of them on here. That's when all the good stuff was released IMO. Don't you have many from that era as well?

Back
Top Bottom