The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

2014 DS Air Max 90 Lunar suit & tie pack [emoji]128084[/emoji]
IMG_5661.jpg
Nice pick up man. I love that pack. The only lunars I really like.

LPU- DS 2015 PRM "Chicago" QS
It's a Monochromatic CW, But the details and quality are super dope
smokin.gif
Yep, picked up that pair recently that you helped me find for my boss. Loved it in hand. Now I want a pair for myself.

lol @ myself. i literally just put one and two together that the side stay on the chi 90 represents the Cloud Gate sculpture.

Sup NT...could someone plz verify the airbag color on the barkroot AM 90.Thanks in advance.
Sup NT...could someone plz verify the airbag color on the barkroot AM 90.Thanks in advance.
May someone that's very familiar with the ID options help me out with the air bag color that's used on the AM 90
in this pic.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.The options are metallic silver/white/ and cool grey.

yea, this thread isn't as helpful or willing to answer questions like the other threads. What gives?

The airbag looks cool grey to me, but tell for sure due to the heavy filters

May someone that's very familiar with the ID options help me out with the air bag color that's used on the AM 90
in this pic.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.The options are metallic silver/white/ and cool grey.

It's pretty hard to tell from those pictures, looks darker than any of those options...

lol @ myself. i literally just put one and two together that the side stay on the chi 90 represents the Cloud Gate sculpture.

haha I never caught that either

You actually got the better deal. I ended up having to pay a little bit more. :lol:

That makes three of us. Haha

You guys are kidding right? That's the most identifiable homage to chicago on the sneaker. I think they could've done a better job on the Wrigley field ivy. Its not so identifiable.

You guys are kidding right? That's the most identifiable homage to chicago on the sneaker. I think they could've done a better job on the Wrigley field ivy. Its not so identifiable.
Honestly I had to google Cloud Gate sculpture. I've seen the sculpture before but had no idea it was even in Chicago so it never registered with me when I saw the shoe.

Could someone be so kind and educate me on why the midsoles yellow? I'll see a DS pair from 2011 with slight yellowing and a DS pair from 2009 with no yellowing. Is this just the way they are being stored or did Nike use different/cheaper material causing this? Also, has anyone tried repairing with paint? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Today:

View media item 2254965

Originally Posted by CincyGuy

Could someone be so kind and educate me on why the midsoles yellow? I'll see a DS pair from 2011 with slight yellowing and a DS pair from 2009 with no yellowing. Is this just the way they are being stored or did Nike use different/cheaper material causing this? Also, has anyone tried repairing with paint? Thanks in advance for any responses.

oxidation of the chemicals and material in the midsole, and various parts of the sneaker.

Redox (short for reduction–oxidation reaction) is a chemical reaction in which the oxidation states of atoms are changed. Any such reaction involves both a reduction process and a complementary oxidation process, two key concepts involved with electron transfer processes.[1] Redox reactions include all chemical reactions in which atoms have their oxidation state changed; in general, redox reactions involve the transfer of electrons between chemical species. The chemical species from which the electron is stripped is said to have been oxidized, while the chemical species to which the electron is added is said to have been reduced. It can be explained in simple terms:

Oxidation is the loss of electrons or an increase in oxidation state by a molecule, atom, or ion.
Reduction is the gain of electrons or a decrease in oxidation state by a molecule, atom, or ion.

Last edited:
What up 90 fam[emoji]128074[/emoji] Just a heads up, I'm getting rid of a bunch of my 90s. All in great condition, some with only one wear on them. You can see them all on IG. @1max90 on IG. Thanks
lol what you have been cooking up this time, you're trying to raise funds for HS HG 90s or BRS
laugh.gif

Last edited:
lol what you have been cooking up this time, you're trying to raise funds for HS HG 90s or BRS :lol:  
:lol: A few months ago you would have been right. Honestly im just wanting some more current heat. I've been doing a lot of thinking about what the end game is with my collection? I'm talking mainly about the old stuff, which is all the real heat IMO. I mean I don't wear a lot of them anymore for fear of them crumbling. I once imagined giving my collection to my kids, But they'll be a pile of rubble long before that. So I've got shoes that are quite valuable as they sit, But could potentially be absolutely worthless with one wear? I know all about Restorations, But that is expensive and very time consuming finding correct donors. Don't get me wrong 90s are still my all time favorite sneaker. I just don't know if I should sell my old stuff that I'm afraid to wear for some new heat of a different variety?

laugh.gif
A few months ago you would have been right. Honestly im just wanting some more current heat. I've been doing a lot of thinking about what the end game is with my collection? I'm talking mainly about the old stuff, which is all the real heat IMO. I mean I don't wear a lot of them anymore for fear of them crumbling. I once imagined giving my collection to my kids, But they'll be a pile of rubble long before that. So I've got shoes that are quite valuable as they sit, But could potentially be absolutely worthless with one wear? I know all about Restorations, But that is expensive and very time consuming finding correct donors. Don't get me wrong 90s are still my all time favorite sneaker. I just don't know if I should sell my old stuff that I'm afraid to wear for some new heat of a different variety?
F current heat, just wear all your old 90s 7 days in a row, then they wont look new anymore, and you wont care that they will get beat up, im also wearing my old 95s before they start to crack, next year i will pull out all my old 90s and 1s, i dont give a ish about them, why take all the effort to hunt ish down ?? and not wearing them and sell them to let somebody else enjoy them, but im also extremely greedy when it comes to kicks, i have that if i cant enjoy them nobody else will mentality in me, thats why i still have kicks that are as old as a dinosaur and are still DS

F current heat, just wear all your old 90s 7 days in a row, then they wont look new anymore, and you wont care that they will get beat up, im also wearing my old 95s before they start to crack, next year i will pull out all my old 90s and 1s, i dont give a ish about them, why take all the effort to hunt ish down ?? and not wearing them and sell them to let somebody else enjoy them, but im also extremely greedy when it comes to kicks, i have that if i cant enjoy them nobody else will mentality in me, thats why i still have kicks that are as old as a dinosaur and are still DS
This is the problem. I love them all so much. I don't want to destroy them. And that's what will happen with regular wears at this point. Im just at cross road, do I just wear them and ruin or greatly devalue them, or do I sell them while they're still worth something? If I were rich it wouldn't be an issue. I'd just keep everything and buy all the other ish I want. I'm not wealthy enough to have that much money tied up in stuff I'm not wearing. Lol, I think I'm gonna peel a few off and copp some stuff I've had my eye on and go from there.

I love what you doing @max90 I personally could never sell my collection I work to hard to get were I'm at. I see people sell there shoes just to get more shoes. But I never understand how people save money to get a new car or go on vacation but they won't save money to get some kicks instead they sell kicks to get kicks. But I think you did say you were trying to free up some space to. But like @amd said I'm a little greddy to. But I like what you bring to the table fam[emoji]128074[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji] Keep it up.

I love what you doing @max90 I personally could never sell my collection I work to hard to get were I'm at. I see people sell there shoes just to get more shoes. But I never understand how people save money to get a new car or go on vacation but they won't save money to get some kicks instead they sell kicks to get kicks. But I think you did say you were trying to free up some space to. But like @amd said I'm a little greddy to. But I like what you bring to the table fam[emoji]128074[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji] Keep it up.
Appreciate it man. I do save each month, my monthly sneaker budget. lol It's more like trading the old for the new, Moving stuff around. I'm just saying with the old stuff it's either wear and destroy or sell while still valuable. These things are PERISHABLE and something that's already 10 years old is nearing its end. Listen man I've put crazy time and energy into finding and copping all these. I'm borderline obsessed with them. But Like I said, I'm just at that cross road right now? I could potentially turn them into a newer Grail with a hell of a lot more life left in them. That's what I'm debating right now?

Back
Top Bottom