The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Hey all - first post for me.. sorry up front if I'm being a newb in any way.

I'm looking for a pair of Lunar90's in Infrared or Ice Blue in the Ottawa or Toronto area.  Is there a store in either city or online in Canada that sells these?

I checked with NRML in Ottawa and they do not carry them.

Thanks ahead of time, appreciate it!

hey bud, reporting in from my hometown of Toronto...huge AM90 fan and unfortuantely after striking out with the initial drop of the lunar90 infrareds i decided to see if the major spots around town got them...no one seemed to either know what i was talking about or knew of them but we didnt get them up here...could also be the usual delay drop for us Canadians, but if i come across anything i'll give ya a PM

Can't seem to find an answer anywhere so would appreciate some help from experience AM90 heads. I'd like to ID a pair of Lunar 90s with either the hyperfuse upper or regular mesh/suede/leather upper. I wear an 11 in all Jordans and I've been wearing they fit snug? But I've also heard ID versions fit bigger? And I've been told the hyperfuse, due to a lack of padding, fits TTS?

Very confusing and would appreciate advice from someone who has tried out Jordans and who could give me some info on AM90 sizing.

Thanks!

IMO, when i go with the hyperfuse AM90 versions i tend to prefer .5 size up

Will Nike, Champs or Front re-stock the Infrared model?  Any place in Canada to grab a pair?

see my answer above

Dang wished I had jumped on the Infrared Tapes when they came out. I see some sellers on Ebay but don't know if I want to trust them. 

When is the next big infrared release? I didn't like the lunars

Last edited:
Wow, if the lunarlon iD's are anything like the initial Lunarlon 90 Infra, DO NOT size up on that thing. You'll have a bit of a wider fit but that length is going to be even more exaggerated in the toe box area. The TTS lunarlons already run about half size bigger than any other standard am90.

For comparison they fit me like my half size up navy am90 indy's. They fit like my FULL size up reverse infra premium 90s (total crimson) which I grabbed for 30 bux off FL... 

Stay tts or half down if you have narrow feet, but don't half up unless you like that folded toe feel when you josh around town...

Last edited:
Wow, if the lunarlon iD's are anything like the initial Lunarlon 90 Infra, DO NOT size up on that thing. You'll have a bit of a wider fit but that length is going to be even more exaggerated in the toe box area. The TTS lunarlons already run about half size bigger than any other standard am90.

For comparison they fit me like my half size up navy am90 indy's. They fit like my FULL size up reverse infra premium 90s (total crimson) which I grabbed for 30 bux off FL... 

Stay tts or half down if you have narrow feet, but don't half up unless you like that folded toe feel when you josh around town...

I agree, tried on the lunar 90s yesterday an I definitely had to size down at least. 5

Agreed. However with the ID option, the upper is basically the usual mesh/suede upper or hyperfuse upper, which fit slightly snug. This is where I'm getting confused! On the flip side, at least we are spoilt for choice on NikeID!

Agreed. However with the ID option, the upper is basically the usual mesh/suede upper or hyperfuse upper, which fit slightly snug. This is where I'm getting confused! On the flip side, at least we are spoilt for choice on NikeID!
If you go with the standard sole, then stay true to what you get in your AM sizes. If you go with the new lunarlon option for the soles combined with the hyper fuse then you would also stay tts or size down, but you would definitely not size up with that based on the current models out now. As far as the flex/free sole I've no idea how that fits as I haven't tried on any AM's with that sole yet.

As far as uppers, from what I've experienced the hyperfuse uppers are just not as padded as the mesh/suede/leather uppers so they tend to be a bit more stiff and possibly uncomfortable for some if sized too tightly. It's not as forgiving on the loosening up over some wears like the suede/leather uppers.

Indeed! I'm glad they brought back the hyper fuse option along with the new soles. Now I hope they keep it up there this time! 

Last edited:
hey bud, reporting in from my hometown of Toronto...huge AM90 fan and unfortuantely after striking out with the initial drop of the lunar90 infrareds i decided to see if the major spots around town got them...no one seemed to either know what i was talking about or knew of them but we didnt get them up here...could also be the usual delay drop for us Canadians, but if i come across anything i'll give ya a PM
IMO, when i go with the hyperfuse AM90 versions i tend to prefer .5 size up
see my answer above

What's peoples thoughts on the fit of the Tiger Camo's? I went true to size and I wore them ALL night on New Years Eve and my feet were sore as a mutha!!! I don't know. I've worn them a few other times and I just find them to be a lot more uncomfortable than any of my other 90's. (Lunars, Hyperfuse, Regular leathers & Suedes) Is it just me?

I agree, tried on the lunar 90s yesterday an I definitely had to size down at least. 5

im still a bit confused on sizing. im a true 10 and get 10.5s in all my am90s because i have kind of a wide foot. so would i stay at a 10.5 with the lunar sole and leather/mesh uppers? if i have to compensate for width and then have a long toe box, id rather just get the regular sole in that case :\ i tried to do a nike chat to try to see what they were told, but i got conflicting info. the girl didnt really seem like she understood what i was trying to say, so i dont think her suggestion was that credible anyway.

im still a bit confused on sizing. im a true 10 and get 10.5s in all my am90s because i have kind of a wide foot. so would i stay at a 10.5 with the lunar sole and leather/mesh uppers? if i have to compensate for width and then have a long toe box, id rather just get the regular sole in that case
ohwell.gif
i tried to do a nike chat to try to see what they were told, but i got conflicting info. the girl didnt really seem like she understood what i was trying to say, so i dont think her suggestion was that credible anyway.
If you get 10.5s in all your am90's because of a wider foot, then stick with that. You'll have some extra toe wiggle in the lunar90's but it's not the end of the world. I don't have the narrowest of feet but they're not wide either, on my lunar90's I went TTS, and they fit fine. my normal am90's I have size .5 up.  Just from a visual of all the am90's compared to the lunar90, it just seems the lunarlon sole added a bit of length to the overall shoe affecting the extra size .5 experienced.

Just a look at the various recent am90 variations and the shapes. I wish they'd give us a build exactly like the am90 indy pack hyper fuse. Imo those had the best overall shape and material. It holds that aggressive toe box shape along the whole upper, and that shoe just never creases! The infra qs tapes were pretty good too. But then you'll start to notice the squaring and bulgier toes growing in the more recent ones. I'm going to try the iD's with the hyper fuse and normal/og sole to see how the shape turns out...

Last edited:

Just a look at the various recent am90 variations and the shapes. I wish they'd give us a build exactly like the am90 indy pack hyper fuse. Imo those had the best overall shape and material. It holds that aggressive toe box shape along the whole upper, and that shoe just never creases! The infra qs tapes were pretty good too. But then you'll start to notice the squaring and bulgier toes growing in the more recent ones. I'm going to try the iD's with the hyper fuse and normal/og sole to see how the shape turns out...
AM90s from china have a different toebox shape compared to the releases from vietnam

you can notice that if you compared the AM90 essentials manufactured from china to the ones from vietnam

the toebox from the china AM90s are less round compared to the vietnam AM90s

and HF releases have a more pointy toebox compared to the normal releases

Last edited:
Yes
AM90s from china have a different toebox shape compared to the releases from vietnam

you can notice that if you compared the AM90 essentials manufactured from china to the ones from vietnam

the toebox from the china AM90s are less round compared to the vietnam AM90s

and HF releases have a more pointy toebox compared to the normal releases

Yes definitely! That's the part that makes it frustrating when deciding on a model especially in the cases of iDs. Any idea where they're put together?

Yes

Yes definitely! That's the part that makes it frustrating when deciding on a model especially in the cases of iDs. Any idea where they're put together?
there are multiple factories in china that manufactures AM90s

afaik there are 2 factories for AM90 releases in china and 1 for AM90 iDs another 1 for GRs and 1 factory for AM90s in vietnam

i am trying to locate some sizetags on google images but they are very difficult to find

as soon as i have found the pictures from the sizetags i will post it in here and explain you the differences

Last edited:

there are multiple factories in china that manufactures AM90s

afaik there are 2 factories for AM90 releases in china and 1 for AM90 iDs another 1 for GRs and 1 factory for AM90s in vietnam

i am trying to locate some sizetags on google images but they are very difficult to find

as soon as i have found the pictures from the sizetags i will post it in here and explain you the differences
2010 infrared sz tag

Nike iD sz tag

atmos 3M tiger camo sz tag

HOA infrared sz tag manufactured in a different factory then the current AM90s

also nike have changed the shape from the upper from the AM90s in 2013, in the hope that nobody will noticed

the shoe is now less high compared to the older version, the heel tab is smaller and also the toebox is less round at the front

the toebox shape from the vietnam version is slightly better compared to the china versions

but the heel tab and the height of the shoe is still the same as the china AM90s

http://www.leifwild.co.uk/how-to-spot-fake-nike-air-max-tell-tale-signs/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom