The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

I placed my order for the red qs ( thanks kanye) $109 with the coupon

And was gonna purchase the sunsets with my rewards and coupons but once I put them on they didint seem right.

it's like the am90 tape pack that just came out here.  have no idea what "tape" really means nor what materials it uses, but i dont think it's labeled hyperfuse
i see i see, only called it that cause the original guy who posted the pic labeled it as hyperfuse rerelease

i see i see, only called it that cause the original guy who posted the pic labeled it as hyperfuse rerelease

Yeah sorry for the confusion, when I went into the Nike Store they told me if Id seen the new AM90 release, and they discribed them as being a hyperfuse, there not quite like the hyperfuse, the "tape" basically descibes the stuff which replaces the stitching in a conventional AM90, so therefore the grey tape which can be seen in the pics, The Hyperfuse being alomost 1 continuous piece of material which is layered. So these are similar in material (Although the tape are like a hard hyperfuse type mesh - weird to describe) but different in construction to the Hyperfuse.

Let me say these are very nice indeed and if you can secure secure, I picked them up fro $160AUD they retail for $200 AUD (Australia) and Im guessing if they drop in the States they will be a lot cheaper, but wont stick around for long. Hope this makes sense.

bbb

View media item 491454

Last edited:
hay guiyz im in heer lookin for da red oktober yeezy air max i just seen thx.

:nerd:
wait for it

:lol:

got my pair in from NDC, and was surprised at the material (in comparison to my other hyperfuse am90s).

they feel really smooth and nice tho. gonna double up with this $20 finishline coupon.

these are my favorite shoes to wear during the summer. shoulda doubled up on a pair of the livestrongs, especially when they went on sale.

Last edited:
Yeah sorry for the confusion, when I went into the Nike Store they told me if Id seen the new AM90 release, and they discribed them as being a hyperfuse, there not quite like the hyperfuse, the "tape" basically descibes the stuff which replaces the stitching in a conventional AM90, so therefore the grey tape which can be seen in the pics, The Hyperfuse being alomost 1 continuous piece of material which is layered. So these are similar in material (Although the tape are like a hard hyperfuse type mesh - weird to describe) but different in construction to the Hyperfuse.

Let me say these are very nice indeed and if you can secure secure, I picked them up fro $160AUD they retail for $200 AUD (Australia) and Im guessing if they drop in the States they will be a lot cheaper, but wont stick around for long. Hope this makes sense.

bbb

View media item 491454

Ahh thanks for the "tape" clarification

"Well, I guess those Hyperfuse 90's from the independence pack are actually really nice" 
roll.gif

The "tape" Infrareds actually look pretty dope. I would snag a pair if I come by one.

Question for ya'll that wore your infrared Hyperfuses already: Did they ever crack on anyone? I haven't worn either one of my pairs yet and I'm just curious about the quality of them.

-Drew

The "tape" Infrareds actually look pretty dope. I would snag a pair if I come by one.

Question for ya'll that wore your infrared Hyperfuses already: Did they ever crack on anyone? I haven't worn either one of my pairs yet and I'm just curious about the quality of them.

-Drew
I have 7 pairs of various infrareds including hyperfuses and none of them have cracked on me, theres some very light creasing on my 2010 "beater" pair.

-Drew

I have 7 pairs of various infrareds including hyperfuses and none of them have cracked on me, theres some very light creasing on my 2010 "beater" pair.

Really? I've always thought that the 2010s were known for cracking.

-Drew

another EM90 colorway dropped on FNL.  other pair i posted yesterday were mango roshe-esque.. now these are looking a little like calypsos.  im really digging the monotone uppers

Man, you're pretty lucky! haha. 2008's and 2010 infrared to my knowledge a prone to cracking overtime. I have a pair of 2010 with midsole cracks all over! Haven't wore my 2008 pair enough for them to crack buy my homie has and they are just like my 2010's. I have the hyperfuse Infrareds but have only wore them like 2-3 times so far. Might bust em out today actually, they need some shine.

My 2010 beater pair

View media item 492111View media item 492115

Last edited:
my livestrongs from last year have slight cracking (though i don't really mind it).

but since then i switched my insoles to those Spenco insoles as suggested to me on this site, and i haven't had any cracks on my hyperfuse am90s (infrared, IDs, etc.).

-Drew
wore mine a little over ten times, no cracks
my livestrongs from last year have slight cracking (though i don't really mind it).

but since then i switched my insoles to those Spenco insoles as suggested to me on this site, and i haven't had any cracks on my hyperfuse am90s (infrared, IDs, etc.).
curious, how would switching insoles help the outsole not to crack?

wore mine a little over ten times, no cracks

curious, how would switching insoles help the outsole not to crack?
thats what i read people suggest to do in the bred 4s thread.  the new insole supposedly alleviates extra pressure coming down onto the midsole, when compared to the "stock" insole; therefore, preventing cracking. 

Last edited:
I guess that makes sense. It would definitely absorb more force than the usual insole but I can't imagine it making that much of a difference.

Oh well, worth a try anyway. Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:
I was wearing my AM90 Milans around Chicago last month, and my friends wanted to go to the Castle (formerly Excalibur).  So I get to the front of the line, and bouncer says, "sorry, no 'gym shoes'."  
mean.gif
  I was much more offended that he called them gym shoes than the fact I wasn't allowed in 
laugh.gif
  (then of course I see people let in wearing vans and cons, haha).  I guess i'm too married to go into places like that anymore anyways 
frown.gif

I was wearing my AM90 Milans around Chicago last month, and my friends wanted to go to the Castle (formerly Excalibur).  So I get to the front of the line, and bouncer says, "sorry, no 'gym shoes'."  
mean.gif
  I was much more offended that he called them gym shoes than the fact I wasn't allowed in 
laugh.gif
  (then of course I see people let in wearing vans and cons, haha).  I guess i'm too married to go into places like that anymore anyways 
frown.gif
u dont know how many times ive heard that sjit before when i go clubbing, 4 out of 10 times that would happens to me when i tried to get in somewhere,

here in the netherlands u will get discriminated by the bouncers if your not caucasian and wear airmaxes, couple of years ago i tried to go to a pub and the bouncers refused me entrance while 5 secs ago he let a white guy in the pub that also was wearing air max, i was angry as I need to read NikeTalk's rules.
mad.gif
nowadays i only wear black on black AM1s or white on white AM1s when i go out so that the bouncers dont notice that im wearing AMs, if gonna wear something else like for example AM90 laser blue or my AM90 D-towns there is a high chance for me that i will get refused by the bouncers if i am trying to get in pub/club

Back
Top Bottom