The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

@cumma Those Crocs have a mustache lol

1720FDA3-446B-4EE3-A2F6-BBEF65F6CC07.jpeg

Volts came in... Final answer on these now that I have a couple in hand, they might have gone a little OD with the performance upgrades.
I think you could actually run in these now? Lol
That synthetic micro suede is flimsy af and prone to toe dents. MGs are small, but I can learn to live with em.
I am having a little trouble processing the loss of 90 Chunkiness though. They’re almost like a different shoe.
0A03F163-EF51-4CBE-A65A-CC9D04F3D129.jpeg

heres a side by side with 2011 Volts
2020s still look rough without shoe trees
they look much better on foot than they do in hand now lol
How’s the sizing compare on the 2011 vs 2020?

I'll reserve my judgement for when I see these in person

but like others I may prefer the non og (pre cliff toe) shape since that is what I am used to from when I started seriously buying shoes in 2002

I don't recall Air Max 90's from when I was young...from that era the shoes that stand out to me the most and I have memory of are Flight 89's (cause I had a pair), Jordan V (cause I had a pair), and Air Raid 2

Chunky but still kept a sleek stance though. The Chunkiness has nothing to do with the recent toebox and MG problems. I keep referring to the 2000s, the Golden age, but they were perfect back then imo, a little Chunky but still had that sleek overall shape 🔪 Construction and materials were all on point.
I get not liking the silhouette. I’m just pointing out that the recent 90 problems aren’t synonymous with Bulkiness lol

Love the CW, Not a fan of the build. The changes seem more performance than OG to me. I love that we’re gettin love, I just wish they did the same as they did with 87s.
They did though... they look just like the OG

Im still not seeing whats so bad about the shape, they look like pure eye candy to me. Is it just the flimsiness?

Those boxes are designed to make your brain think it needs all the colors or else incomplete. Its how i designed the labels/packaging for a plant nutrient line called RAW back in 2012

Actually, here you go. Maybe we can guage what colorways theyll do next lol

My money is on fuscia knowing them, carolinas could be dope

(Ps: i had nothing to do with the raw = soluble part, they forced that in last second, i dont do tacky)

Attachments

• 1578440556687.jpeg
    1578440556687.jpeg
    219.7 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
I'm very my 2010 infrareds now and i really appreciate that they don't have the ginormous amount of padding that the 2015s do. I forget what the HOAs were like but I'm pretty sure they weren't as padded either. Looking forward to seeing these new, truer to the OG 90s.

Maybe they had to be that flimsy to fit back in the skinny box? I’ll gladly give up the box lol
think you might be onto something. womens purples from Nordstrom came in and yeah, the toebox suede and mesh are mad flimsy. toebox dent city. it's a shame because I do like the overall shape better.

I think I need to .5 size up like my 2010 infras because I went with my TTS conversion and they're a little snug (unless it's due to these being womens...)

20200107_200859.jpg
20200107_204844.jpg
20200107_205430.jpg

Last edited:
Whats the deal with the hyper turquoise release? Are those EU exclusive or will they release on the 9th as well?

@cumma Those Crocs have a mustache lol

1720FDA3-446B-4EE3-A2F6-BBEF65F6CC07.jpeg

Volts came in... Final answer on these now that I have a couple in hand, they might have gone a little OD with the performance upgrades.
I think you could actually run in these now? Lol
That synthetic micro suede is flimsy af and prone to toe dents. MGs are small, but I can learn to live with em.
I am having a little trouble processing the loss of 90 Chunkiness though. They’re almost like a different shoe.
0A03F163-EF51-4CBE-A65A-CC9D04F3D129.jpeg

heres a side by side with 2011 Volts
2020s still look rough without shoe trees
they look much better on foot than they do in hand now lol

Looking like the Jordan 11 low cut vs high cut.

Volts definitely the best of the 3.

Back
Top Bottom