The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

how are they going to fix quality issues in a week?

It’s such a crazy suggestion that I don’t believe OP was actually being serious or even actually believes that’s a possibility himself. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt because that was just too dumb of a statement.

I like these
103F3771-0A2E-40CB-B4B3-08CFB6219BAE.jpeg

So far JD, FootLocker and Hibbett said no men’s 90 tomorrow. Champs said yes but I’ll believe it when I get there and check out at 10 am. Foot Action’s phone is jacked so I can’t get through. Not looking good for tomorrow.

Lol at people thinking these were recalled for QC.

As someone said they made hundreds and hundreds of thousands of these months ago. Lol at a last minute pull-out. :lol:

Lol at people thinking these were recalled for QC.

As someone said they made hundreds and hundreds of thousands of these months ago. Lol at a last minute pull-out. :lol:
Sending them to africa and saving face on the cheapness wouldnt be far fetched, but no way could they replace them this fast. The new CEO is doing great <homer voice>

Sending them to africa and saving face on the cheapness wouldnt be far fetched, but no way could they replace them this fast. The new CEO is doing great <homer voice>

This.

And Nike ain't throwing away hundreds and hundreds of thousands of shoes, many months after they were made, just before they were about to release...and lose all that money..............over quality control. :lol: And as tobacco said they can't fix any issues quickly. They simply wouldn't go through every pair to fix whatever issues are rumored regardless.

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone is saying they are pulling every single one and making better ones and some how doing that by the 15th. But shuffling inventory whether it’s factories that made certain pairs or just reviewing stock for obvious flaws can happen.

we are all just speculating anyway because of how strange this release has been

I’m going to just assume the 15th now for the men’s pair. I closed my SNKRS app and reopened and now the date say 1/15 after saying 1/9 all day today

I don’t think anyone is saying they are pulling every single one and making better ones and some how doing that by the 15th. But shuffling inventory whether it’s factories that made certain pairs or just reviewing stock for obvious flaws can happen.

we are all just speculating anyway because of how strange this release has been

Nah peeps were def insinuating that. :lol:

And Nike ain't reviewing nothing. They're releasing these kicks how they were made. They don't care. Can't believe people think they would actually care this late in the process.

called around in LA and OC, seems like the volts will be available but nothing on the purple... anyone know where purps releasing in socal?

Nah peeps were def insinuating that. :lol:

And Nike ain't reviewing nothing. They're releasing these kicks how they were made. They don't care. Can't believe people think they would actually care this late in the process.
Its a pretty major campaign for them. If the shoes suck then thats going to be a big blow to their image. Which could then fall on the new CEO. Having the shoes sit is one thing, but returns have to be a whole other level of pain in the anus. If the shoes are indeed as thin and cheap as they appear to be then this is new ceo’s first crisis and quite a litmus test to what we’re dealing with regarding his ethics. This couldve been an overlooked timebomb set by mark parker before he stepped down knowing the new guy is all business and knows phucc all about sneakers in particular. Im extremely curious on how this plays out yet kind of let down at the same time. I hope whatever takes place makes nike realise quality means everything these days and cutting corners only makes people look elsewhere. Its not worth it anymore. Word of mouth is way too strong now.

Its a pretty major campaign for them. If the shoes suck then thats going to be a big blow to their image. Which could then fall on the new CEO. Having the shoes sit is one thing, but returns have to be a whole other level of pain in the anus. If the shoes are indeed as thin and cheap as they appear to be then this is new ceo’s first crisis and quite a litmus test to what we’re dealing with regarding his ethics. This couldve been an overlooked timebomb set by mark parker before he stepped down knowing the new guy is all business and knows phucc all about sneakers in particular. Im extremely curious on how this plays out yet kind of let down at the same time. I hope whatever takes place makes nike realise quality means everything these days and cutting corners only makes people look elsewhere. Its not worth it anymore. Word of mouth is way too strong now.

Tony...of all people you're way overlooking this. Nike's been releasing crap quality for years! You're the first to point this out at least among Jordans. They're not changing now.

And why would these 90's pass QC many many months ago when they were produced, but all of the sudden be held up days before the release? Ya'll really acting crazy over here with conspiracy theories. :lol:

Not impressed at all. The toe box is extremely soft and the mesh isn't the same like the 2015 Infrareds.

Attachments

• 20200108_202131.jpg
    20200108_202131.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 332
:rofl: @ Nike giving a single damn about this release. This is like a drop in the bucket for them. It’s probably just a shipment delay that has zero to do with quality issues.

I feel like if that’s what you believe you haven’t been around Nike Retro long enough. Subpar renditions of great models is par for the course.

Tony...of all people you're way overlooking this. Nike's been releasing crap quality for years! You're the first to point this out at least among Jordans. They're not changing now.

And why would these 90's pass QC many many months ago when they were produced, but all of the sudden be held up days before the release? Ya'll really acting crazy over here with conspiracy theories. :lol:
Nah I feel like from what ive seen these 90s are unprecedented in becoming mishapen when worn. If im saying what i said prior that means this is pretty bad. I absolutely love the shape but the paperthin uppers look pretty trash on foot. No one out there, casual consumer to sneakerhead, is going to accept this. All they had to do was add a few mils to the felt or suede or whatever to give it some kind of rigidity. To cut costs there is absurd if it completely compromises the shoe’s shape to such a degree.

I mean christ, charge 125 if thats what it takes.

Back
Top Bottom