The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

God bless this guy and girl lol. Making a more than valid attempt at recreating/re-crafting the OG and being tasked with doing it all from scratch! How amazing is that..And that girl! She’s has more expertise and respect for the small details than a lot dudes on here to be honest lol. They’re trying to recreate the OG, not the damn 2005 (or whatever dudes are saying they want). God bless them man. That chic might be a NTer or something lol.
She probably just reads my posts lol

She probably just reads my posts lol

It honestly just goes to show how much actually goes into making a shoe look like it did originally. We complain (although warranted in most cases) about Nike not giving us the shoes in their original form as if it’s sooooo easy for them to do without fully considering all the changes in technology and the changes to the actual machines and molds that they’ve developed into over time. You’d think that would be easy enough for Nike to do but as we can see, it clearly isn’t. These guys literally have to “reverse time” so to speak and re-design the shoe (all from scratch!) to look like it’s original counterpart after years and years of bastardization. And Nike has to find the right people, with the right eye for detail who even CARE enough to re-craft it to look like the OG. That ain’t easy! This video does a great job in illustrating that process.

God bless this guy and girl lol. Making a more than valid attempt at recreating/re-crafting the OG and being tasked with doing it all from scratch! How amazing is that..And that girl! She’s has more expertise and respect for the small details than a lot dudes on here to be honest lol. They’re trying to recreate the OG, not the damn 2005 (or whatever dudes are saying they want). God bless them man. That chic might be a NTer or something lol.
What's wrong with someone else saying they want something you dont?

These just came in from EBay! Won them for under retail surprisingly. I know these aren’t that hyped but are really nice so I’ll happily take the win.
CE49724A-1247-4420-BD3E-C53C519345EF.jpeg

I
I don't think that was his point. Saying "They got this wrong bc it wasn't like that in 2005 so these are trash!" isn't relevant when they weren't shooting for 2005. They went for 1990 and they did a pretty damn good job.
I get that they were an og remaster for the most part, but some people like the mid to late 2000s model better, aint nothing wrong with that. Doesnt make anyone less or more knowledgeable than the next, just different tastes.

It honestly just goes to show how much actually goes into making a shoe look like it did originally. We complain (although warranted in most cases) about Nike not giving us the shoes in their original form as if it’s sooooo easy for them to do without fully considering all the changes in technology and the changes to the actual machines and molds that they’ve developed into over time. You’d think that would be easy enough for Nike to do but as we can see, it clearly isn’t. These guys literally have to “reverse time” so to speak and re-design the shoe (all from scratch!) to look like it’s original counterpart after years and years of bastardization. And Nike has to find the right people, with the right eye for detail who even CARE enough to re-craft it to look like the OG. That ain’t easy! This video does a great job in illustrating that process.
Yeah i saw this post at work, almost forgot about that vid. Now i can check this thing out, i was looking forward to them breaking this down

Honestly, what “went into” refracting the air max 90 is nothing compared to their R&D that goes into their running shoes. I urge everyone watch some videos on the tech Nike has at their disposal. It’s truly mind boggling the extent Nike takes their innovation to, just for some running shoes.

I don't think that was his point. Saying "They got this wrong bc it wasn't like that in 2005 so these are trash!" isn't relevant when they weren't shooting for 2005. They went for 1990 and they did a pretty damn good job.
I never even said they're trash, just doesnt seem like the quality is there. That's where my hesitation arises, especially after the last decade or so.

I

I get that they were an og remaster for the most part, but some people like the mid to late 2000s model better, aint nothing wrong with that. Doesnt make anyone less or more knowledgeable than the next, just different tastes.
Oh for sure. Like what you like.

Back
Top Bottom