The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

i actually i dont wanna say this but the OG cws will be limited and every clown that was not into these before will now trying to get them because of the damn internet exposure of these sneakers, back in 2010 when the LBs came out for the 2nd time as a QS nobody wanted these and they were half the price after 7-8 months, i paid 70 euro each for my last 2 pairs, thats now for sure not gonna happen anymore thanks to instagram :lol: :smh: :smh:
LOL was replying to you at first sorry for being such an airhead.

1595514838166.png

Yay that rad rd acronym blatantly speaks for itself.

NOPE infra-reds for all. I am keeping the "will be an easy pick up" energy. I refuse to believe nike will attempt to hype these. They did that with the AM1 anni's and they seemed pretty plentiful when they dropped a few years ago.

So let us all relax...and casually cop our infra-reds whenever they drop
I said this about the space hippies because the thread was supppper slow when they first were announced pre the first push back. No one seemed to care about those shoes and i was like I am going to easily pick up some 01s and some 02s it will be great....i currently own 0 space hippies....of either colorway that dropped

but I can't be mad at all those people who discovered an astonishing silhouette out of the blue and just won't give up on it just cus some grumpy old-but-not-crumbling-apart people like you and me would like to keep it their dirty little secret.
i am from the netherlands, air max is just literally everywhere here in the streets almost everyone here knows what they are, and back in the days before the internet became mainstream like how it now is, was this sneaker only for dope slangers, drug addicts, gabbers and other peeps that were at the bottom from the society, the elite and posh people would never touch this sneaker because it got associated with scum and criminality, but nowadays you will see posh peeps that are suffering from a midlife crisis living in a villa from the suburbs that totally have no connection with this sneaker jumping on the bandwagon because IG makes this sneaker looks cool and is in fashion and trending to own a pair and suddenly pretending like if that negative stigma that was surrounding on the air max sneakers never happened, while 10 years ago they wouldnt even think about it to get a pair of LBs or infrareds

i am from the netherlands, air max is just literally everywhere here in the streets almost everyone here knows what they are, and back in the days before the internet became mainstream like how it now is, was this sneaker only for dope slangers, drug addicts, gabbers and other peeps that were at the bottom from the society, the elite and posh people would never touch this sneaker because it got associated with scum and criminality, but nowadays you will see posh peeps that are suffering from a midlife crisis living in a villa from the suburbs that totally have no connection with this sneaker jumping on the bandwagon because IG makes this sneaker looks cool and is in fashion and trending to own a pair and suddenly pretending like if that negative stigma that was surrounding on the air max sneakers never happened, while 10 years ago they wouldnt even think about it to get a pair of LBs or infrareds
Yay i absolutely embrace what you're saying. Same stuff with the Air max Plus, which I recall to be the no-go pair for anyone craving for respectability here in France, yet 10 years later each and every bit of the negative vibes surrounding the pair seemed to vanish into thin air, in the blink of a pro gamer eye. I truly, deeply admit that, but I'm still staying strong on my position because the air maxes seem to appeal to a fresher public, in which a whole new wave of hardcore nerds will emerge and take on the legacy for the years to come. It's just like a cocktail really, this one being a whole lot of bitterness mixed with a little bit of hope.

I always thought the OG infrareds were the “hyvent orange” color way back in 1990. I guess I learned something new today.

No they were never hyvent orange. That was a lie/misrepresentation/misconception that floated around the internet for a number of years but it’s incorrect.

I’m no historian. We’re adult and kids sizes color coded differently? This is the label that pops up on google.

1595527997998.jpeg

AB502333-C1E3-4149-81FA-D19AE8362C86.jpeg

Yep. This is where it gets confusing. I’ve seen this “H Red” box too and can’t find an answer myself. Best explanation I can come up with is like you said, GS was “radiant red” and men’s were labeled “H Red” but they’re the same color. Who knows. My guess is that they are going to go with the “radiant red” for the official description between all sizes this time (Men’s, women’s and GS) but I’m not entirely sure what they’re gonna do.

Back
Top Bottom