The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Thoughts on entering multiple raffles for the infrared 90s? For some reason I’m thinking there could be a decent chance to win more than one raffle and I only need one pair.

You have any pictures of the obsidian in hand or on foot?
133B0F30-4DA6-45B3-8E91-84EC8386C6AC.jpeg
E4C91125-2032-4540-9764-2BD046C60732.jpeg
85C72EFD-962E-411D-AB87-86A739A96104.jpeg
F7135591-7A78-47EE-8978-7DA31E8A6C42.jpeg
D6F32F72-745D-441D-B0C1-E99489445C86.jpeg
EA50757D-6803-40AE-AA60-B57DA87ADCD5.jpeg
B887C4FA-1D6B-411C-84B1-5ACB0DA008EF.jpeg

Thoughts on entering multiple raffles for the infrared 90s? For some reason I’m thinking there could be a decent chance to win more than one raffle and I only need one pair.
Don’t enter any raffles and overpay there’s gonna be plenty of pairs

They're not an OG colorway though. OG = leather.

Wouldn't make sense to give them the AM III treatment.

This isn't a chart of OG's? I figured since lasers, eggs, and infrareds are there.
8489D9D6-2C31-447C-B3BD-A65236670F9D.png

Also woulda been cool to give them at least a cool box like the recrafts.

This isn't a chart of OG's? I figured since lasers, eggs, and infrareds are there.
8489D9D6-2C31-447C-B3BD-A65236670F9D.png

Also woulda been cool to give them at least a cool box like the recrafts.

Yes but the guys that answered you mean that as it's not leather, it's not the OG and shouldn't get the AMIII treatment.

But yeah: they shafted these by not making them leather and giving them the Air Max III treatment.

they did the right thing and also its not an OG cw
They're not an OG colorway though. OG = leather.

Wouldn't make sense to give them the AM III treatment.
Can’t agree with you guys on this one. You’ve let Nike and JB brainwash you lol. I wish every retro of every shoe got the OG treatment in terms of shape and specs, regardless of colorway. Why should that even matter? Oh, it’s not an OG colorway so let’s strip forefoot air out of it and jack up the shape and make it a bastardized version of the shoe it’s supposed to be. Makes zero sense to me.

Can’t agree with you guys on this one. You’ve let Nike and JB brainwash you lol. I wish every retro of every shoe got the OG treatment in terms of shape and specs, regardless of colorway. Why should that even matter? Oh, it’s not an OG colorway so let’s strip forefoot air out of it and jack up the shape and make it a bastardized version of the shoe it’s supposed to be. Makes zero sense to me.

There's been tons of 90's released this year.

Only 4 have the "AM III" treatment.

All 4 of those were OG colorways.

What don't you get about all this? You seem confused.

How does your point still stand?

The obsidians are an OG colorway. Nike released them but instead of making them all leather like you said they shafted them by swapping some parts for mesh and not having all the parts like the all leather OG's. Simple as that. They should have just released them like the OG as an all leather Air Max III with all the fixings(box, size tag, forefoot air, etc). My point still stands.

The obsidians are an OG colorway. Nike released them but instead of making them all leather like you said they shafted them by swapping some parts for mesh and not having all the parts like the all leather OG's. Simple as that. They should have just released them like the OG as an all leather Air Max III. My point still stands.

Lol you never made that point. Quote yourself from earlier where you said they should have released them in leather.

Lol you never made that point. Quote yourself from earlier where you said they should have released them in leather.

You're focused on material. I'm talking colorway. The obsidians that released have mesh parts but they are still the same colorway as the OG. They should have just given them the Air Max III treatment including matching materials if they are an OG colorway. Its really that simple. Therefore, nike shafted the Obsidians by not making them AMIII style. Hell, recrafts were all new infrared colorway variants and they at least got cool boxes and matching hangtags. Obsidians just came in a regular Nike Sportswear box.

You're focused on material. I'm talking colorway. The obsidians that released have mesh parts but they are still the same colorway as the OG. They should have just given them the Air Max III treatment including matching materials if they are an OG colorway. Its really that simple. Therefore, nike shafted the Obsidians by not making them AMIII style. Hell, recrafts were all new infrared colorway variants and they at least got cool boxes and matching hangtags. Obsidians just came in a regular Nike Sportswear box.

Well damn...if you had said this in the beginning we wouldn't had been correcting you. :lol:

Ummm...., those pix are making me think I should better get em. Currently, my size are still available at NDC-JP for little over $70... But since I’ve seen they were discounted further at least twice within the past few months, I’ll probably wait for the next opportunity tho.

Well damn...if you had said this in the beginning we wouldn't had been correcting you. :lol:

After you told me the material difference I've been including that leather nugget of info in each of my posts with the same sentiment about how they should have gotten the AMIII treatment. Forgot how some of ya'll are sticklers with semantics.

There's been tons of 90's released this year.

Only 4 have the "AM III" treatment.

All 4 of those were OG colorways.

What don't you get about all this? You seem confused.
Maybe we're talking about two different but related things. In my opinion, every retro or retro+, whatever, of the AM90/AMIII/AMCallitWhateverYouWant should be built the same and to the same specs. And those should be close-to-OG-as-possible specs: shape be it leather or suede or nubuck or felt versions, midsole material and shape, forefoot air. Maybe I quickly misread what you guys were saying, I read it as only OG colorways should get that kind of AMIII retro-style treatment. If not, fair enough.

Put it this way: If JB suddenly came out with a white/cement III and black/cement and true blue III that were super close to the OGs, personally I'd want every other retro III to get the same treatment, not just the OG colorways.

Maybe we're talking about two different but related things. In my opinion, every retro or retro+, whatever, of the AM90/AMIII/AMCallitWhateverYouWant should be built the same and to the same specs. And those should be close-to-OG-as-possible specs: shape be it leather or suede or nubuck or felt versions, midsole material and shape, forefoot air. Maybe I quickly misread what you guys were saying, I read it as only OG colorways should get that kind of AMIII retro-style treatment. If not, fair enough.

Put it this way: If JB suddenly came out with a white/cement III and black/cement and true blue III that were super close to the OGs, personally I'd want every other retro III to get the same treatment, not just the OG colorways.

The thing is that back in the days you hadn't 90 colorways per year... Even though I completely understand your point, I feel like the real OGs should have an exclusive treatment.

The thing is that back in the days you hadn't 90 colorways per year... Even though I completely understand your point, I feel like the real OGs should have an exclusive treatment.
That's fine, but that's where we differ. Why should there be various versions of the same ****ing shoe? That's what a lot of us complain about and have complained about for years. If Nike hadn't started down this road of crap retro versions in the first place, and had always just made the shoes the way they were originally made (or dang close to it as we know it can do), we wouldn't even be having this discussion. It's rad we get so many colorways and versions of shoes these days; it just wasn't like that back in the day when these shoes released originally. Quite why that means the tooling shouldn't be the same for all of them, I see no logical reason. And I definitely can't understand why anyone who likes a given shoe is happy to have some versions of it be ****tier than other versions, just because the "other" versions are original colorways/makeups. I'll never be able to compute that line of thinking LOL

Back
Top Bottom