The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

That's fine, but that's where we differ. Why should there be various versions of the same ****ing shoe? That's what a lot of us complain about and have complained about for years. If Nike hadn't started down this road of crap retro versions in the first place, and had always just made the shoes the way they were originally made (or dang close to it as we know it can do), we wouldn't even be having this discussion. It's rad we get so many colorways and versions of shoes these days; it just wasn't like that back in the day when these shoes released originally. Quite why that means the tooling shouldn't be the same for all of them, I see no logical reason. And I definitely can't understand why anyone who likes a given shoe is happy to have some versions of it be ****tier than other versions, just because the "other" versions are original colorways/makeups. I'll never be able to compute that line of thinking LOL

That's because I don't give a sh*t about non-OG colorways and I feel like they are inferior to the real deal and shouldn't even exist :lol:

Honestly besides for some 2010-ish TNs, I never was attracted by a non-OG Air Max colorway...But yeah after re-reading my first sentence before posting this, it's a quite stupid opinion, but I'll hold on to it :lol:

That's because I don't give a sh*t about non-OG colorways and I feel like they are inferior to the real deal and shouldn't even exist :lol:

Honestly besides for some 2010-ish TNs, I never was attracted by a non-OG Air Max colorway...But yeah after re-reading my first sentence before posting this, it's a quite stupid opinion, but I'll hold on to it :lol:
:lol:
I'm mostly only an OG guy myself ... but maybe if the tooling and shape and specs of the retro-plus makeups were the same as the OG makeups, I'd be more inclined to buy some of them. Because there are plenty of non-OG colorways of a lot of retros I like and have liked, but the thing that keeps me away from them is the fact the shape is usually wonky. And then when they strip the things down on actual tech but charge the same price, I have a problem with that. Honestly, I've never been huge into AM90s/AMIIIs, so until these latest releases, I had no idea they had taken the forefoot air out of them. That **** is just bush-league nonsense to me. It's lazy and greedy.

At the end of the day, blame the consumer not Nike. If people stop buying, they will listen and make the changes.

Like sports fans that buy tickets every year to support a team that keeps losing then wonder why the ownership isn't making changes to correct the issues

the recraft might be nike's best retro so far .
however they are not the same as the original,no sir,
for example the mesh of the retro is way way off.the og mesh is much nicer .
Should I then not like the retro version?, no way sir
As an og guy I can only be happy they are being retro'ed again even with the half-recraft it is better than no recraft at all.
this way I get to wear them .
Also I like diversity and the og's have only a few colorblockings
,so I really don't mind fresh new ones and different takes on the classic 1990 silhouette keeping me inspired and hungry for more.
It's just beautiful to see younger generations love the max 90as much as I did back then and keepingthem alive and relevant

just landed and have to say these things are great!! Gonna have to stock up big time lol
IMG_9120.JPG

however they are not the same as the original,no sir,
for example the mesh of the retro is way way off.the og mesh is much nicer .
Should I then not like the retro version?, no way sir
As an og guy I can only be happy they are being retro'ed again even with the half-recraft it is better than no recraft at all.
this way I get to wear them .
Also I like diversity and the og's have only a few colorblockings
,so I really don't mind fresh new ones and different takes on the classic 1990 silhouette keeping me inspired and hungry for more.
It's just beautiful to see younger generations love the max 90as much as I did back then and keepingthem alive and relevant
Huh? The recrafts are not the same as the "Air Max III" retros. Or are you calling the AMIII retros recrafts? If not, then it doesn't make sense to say "the recraft might be Nike's best retro so far."

Huh? The recrafts are not the same as the "Air Max III" retros. Or are you calling the AMIII retros recrafts? If not, then it doesn't make sense to say "the recraft might be Nike's best retro so far."
They are half recraft,only uppers are recraft and sole and midsole stayed the same and only the recrafted sole and midsole went to the max IIIs . so they are not the same .
I was refering to the full recraft version ,the og cw's . I still don't understand why we have the halfcraft .
I should have mentioned It was just my opinion and I carefully stated might be instead of is ,cause that is open for debate

Maybe we're talking about two different but related things. In my opinion, every retro or retro+, whatever, of the AM90/AMIII/AMCallitWhateverYouWant should be built the same and to the same specs. And those should be close-to-OG-as-possible specs: shape be it leather or suede or nubuck or felt versions, midsole material and shape, forefoot air. Maybe I quickly misread what you guys were saying, I read it as only OG colorways should get that kind of AMIII retro-style treatment. If not, fair enough.

Put it this way: If JB suddenly came out with a white/cement III and black/cement and true blue III that were super close to the OGs, personally I'd want every other retro III to get the same treatment, not just the OG colorways.

You're confusing my point. I never said anything about IF all the 90 retros should be made the same.

My whole point was the pattern that Nike was doing of the 90's releases this year. Only OG colorways (materials included) are getting the AM III treatment, THUS...the non-OG mesh Obsidians shouldn't....according to how Nike is releasing 90's.

So how difficult will these be to get Monday? Where all carrying them?

I've still got my 2010s in decent shape.

Back
Top Bottom