The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

No. They were called "Air Max" or "the new Air Max" back then.

It said "Air Max" on the box.

We've had this discussion many times in this thread over the past month or two. Just like early Jordans, numbers weren't originally assigned to the latest release until many years later.
Just can’t believe even some of the cats here who aren’t really clueless newbie think that these were called Air Max III back then.... No one (even including Nike) was calling them AM90 or AM-III at the time when those came out. They were just “Air Max” and IMO, those AM-III branding is just an another cheap shot by Nike to create some hype over the classic model that had been retro-ed so many times...

No. They were called "Air Max" or "the new Air Max" back then.

It said "Air Max" on the box.

We've had this discussion many times in this thread over the past month or two. Just like early Jordans, numbers weren't originally assigned to the latest release until many years later.
I remember is calling them Air Max 3 but maybe I'm getting old and remember it wrong. Jordans were just the new Jordan though.

I remember is calling them Air Max 3 but maybe I'm getting old and remember it wrong. Jordans were just the new Jordan though.

I come in peace....but didn't you mention you only got into sneakers within the past 5 or 10 years or so?

I’m an icon like Nike Air Max are on my feet
7DC8F646-FB9F-483C-848A-B4D1319C71E0.jpeg

IMO, those AM-III branding is just an another cheap shot by Nike to create some hype over the classic model that had been retro-ed so many times...
As much as I’m cynical about Nike, I don’t think this is the case. More like a way to differentiate this new build by name. They created their own mess, but if OG builds with forefoot air were called AM90 like every other release, you’d have people confused and trying to figure which version of the shoe subsequent releases actually are.

yea you weren’t wrong on that. Been on the volts a lot lately. Infrared should have been a no brainer lol

A1745512-DAEE-481B-AB72-9DA1A7A04CB7.jpeg
I haven’t paid retail for shoes in years. But I made an exception for these two. I know I could have waited and gotten the volts for half the price but it was still worth it for me. Can’t wait to get the infrareds in on Tuesday.

Man, the wait for these to hit north of the border is killing me. Reading this thread and seeing pictures doesnt help. lol. Glad for the most part everyone got their pairs.

I’m starting to think we get them in Canada Nov 28th like Europe. Out Nike release calendar typically follows theirs so....lame I know.

Just can’t believe even some of the cats here who aren’t really clueless newbie think that these were called Air Max III back then.... No one (even including Nike) was calling them AM90 or AM-III at the time when those came out. They were just “Air Max” and IMO, those AM-III branding is just an another cheap shot by Nike to create some hype over the classic model that had been retro-ed so many times...

Agreed they were just called Air Max back when they originally released but I'm not mad at Nike for renaming them from a marketing standpoint and the fact that they did such a great job on them gives them a further pass lol

Idk if it was on the box or ads but thats what people called them.

It wasn't in the original ad

gt3cpf0ok7w8mxsginhq.jpg

and it wasn't on the original box

max1.png

please stop making up history that didn't exist. Its one thing for Nike to rebrand them the air max iii its another to say everyone was calling them the Air Max III back then. Is it possible someone somewhere on earth called them that? Of course, but as a kid back in the day no one ever said Air Max 3, store employee's never called them the Air Max 3 and over the past 24 or 25 years going through personal sneaker blogs and websites no one has ever referred to them as such

It wasn't in the original ad

gt3cpf0ok7w8mxsginhq.jpg

and it wasn't on the original box

max1.png

please stop making up history that didn't exist. Its one thing for Nike to rebrand them the air max iii its another to say everyone was calling them the Air Max III back then. Is it possible someone somewhere on earth called them that? Of course, but as a kid back in the day no one ever said Air Max 3, store employee's never called them the Air Max 3 and over the past 24 or 25 years going through personal sneaker blogs and websites no one has ever referred to them as such
I didn't make up anything. Grade school sizes were labeled as Air Max III. I was 12, so probably wearing grade school sizes.

Screenshot_20201115-225858_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20201115-225846_eBay.jpg

Weren't the shoes and boxes labeled Air Max III in the UK? I remember I read about it a long time ago way way before they started this recraft program. In America I think they were just called the new Air Max at the time because the culture wasn't live with the lore like that. I mean, back then people would just cop the shoe and wear the hell out of it(and actually run in them) for a few years before retiring and getting a more current Air Max of the year.

Back
Top Bottom