The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

when my wife realizes i bought 30 pairs of shoes this year, I will send her to this thread and tell her it could have been worse.

or she could say that this forum is influencing you and that you're no longer allowed to go on said forum. not that that happened to me. but see, i got mind control over her. when she says i can't go to the forum- i don't. but when she leave... i go on the forum again.....

Same here mane, my first collection was nothing but jordans and knowing what was coming out I planned out the money spending, jordans dropping 3 weeks apart or even 4 weeks. Now getting back in to this, im copping air maxes (1, 90, 95s) retro basketball, air trainers, im buying 3-5 pairs a month. Its getting ridiculous.
This is my problem, I'm copping Js in addition to 1s and 90s, PLUS grabbing pretty much every SB dunk that my local gets in. Granted I'm in theory getting them to flip for air max/Jordan money, but more often than not I end up keeping the dunks too! Sold the strangeloves once they hit 1k and bought anniversary red and London air max 1s, but regret getting rid of the SL's even though I'd never wear them and love the other pairs.

I have a question? if i bought a pair on footaction online and the shoe is too small could i go to a foot store and exchange for a bigger size by having them do a stock locate nearby and have them ship to my home or to the store?

Copped a little over 50 pairs this year and I was trying to slow down. This was a big year for OG's though minus the Holiday XI's and I rock with SB's, AM's, Jordans, and Retro Bball so it adds up.

I always said it was kind of a blessing to really be into kicks but only like one area like Air Maxes.. it can still get crazy but if you are not chasing 4 pairs of Jordans and countless other kicks on top of it. I hope I can get this number down next year.
Same here mane, my first collection was nothing but jordans and knowing what was coming out I planned out the money spending, jordans dropping 3 weeks apart or even 4 weeks. Now getting back in to this, im copping air maxes (1, 90, 95s) retro basketball, air trainers, im buying 3-5 pairs a month. Its getting ridiculous.
I never bought as many pairs as some people on NT. I remember back in the OG Kobe V thread, there were a couple guys who bought 50 or 60 pairs of just that model. Even I could never wrap my head around that. Just like I can't really wrap my head around 50 pairs of AM90s/IIIs LOL.

That said ... I still have and buy way too many shoes. But anymore I try to buy only stuff that REALLY means something to me. Which basically means only OG classics, be it Jordans or Air Maxes or anything else. I'll deviate every once in a while, but the strategy has worked for me. I also try to be at least sort of realistic anymore about what I might really actually wear, even if the shoe itself is something classic. For example, I had and balled in the OG carbon-fiber Zoom Flight 95s. I bought the retros in 2008. I barely got around to wearing them. That's a shoe my heart tells me to buy if it drops again, but I won't anymore because I know it's just going to rot in my closet. This strategy has at least made it all a bit more manageable and definitely somewhat more affordable.

rainking rainking the end of 2019 brought a lot of what you are saying to the forefront of my mind. I went into 2020 trying to be a little more calculated but I didnt anticipate what would happen with Dunks. Not even SBs. I have been more selective this year but its the randoms. I've never seen a year with so many shoes popping up 1-3 months before with no word it was happening.

Without those surprises I wouldve probably been closer to 30s.

Did Nike create any specific clothing to accompany the Air Max 3 Radiant Red? I haven't seen anything, so I'm guessing no?

Nike Air Max 90 “Burlap”
Colorway:White/Light Gum Brown
Style #:DD9678-100
Release Date:2021
Price:$130

nike-air-max-90-burlap-White-Light-Gum-Brown-DD9678-100-release-date-1.jpg
nike-air-max-90-burlap-White-Light-Gum-Brown-DD9678-100-release-date-2.jpg
nike-air-max-90-burlap-White-Light-Gum-Brown-DD9678-100-release-date-3.jpg
nike-air-max-90-burlap-White-Light-Gum-Brown-DD9678-100-release-date-4.jpg
nike-air-max-90-burlap-White-Light-Gum-Brown-DD9678-100-release-date-5.jpg
nike-air-max-90-burlap-White-Light-Gum-Brown-DD9678-100-release-date-7.jpg
nike-air-max-90-burlap-White-Light-Gum-Brown-DD9678-100-release-date-8.jpg
nike-air-max-90-burlap-White-Light-Gum-Brown-DD9678-100-release-date-6.jpg

rainking rainking the end of 2019 brought a lot of what you are saying to the forefront of my mind. I went into 2020 trying to be a little more calculated but I didnt anticipate what would happen with Dunks. Not even SBs. I have been more selective this year but its the randoms. I've never seen a year with so many shoes popping up 1-3 months before with no word it was happening.

Without those surprises I wouldve probably been closer to 30s.
Haha, yeah, luckily for me, I never let myself get into Dunks and stuff like that. I stick to Jordans, Kobes, Air Maxes, and a couple other classic Nike retros, like the Penny 1, or Flight Huaraches if ever done again, and the OG black/white Air Force Max from '93 (need those back), etc etc. Sometimes I pick up something even more random, like the pair of Ghost Racers I bought a few months ago, but that's about as far as I stray from the main lines I'm always buying.

My plan was to slow down or even downsize a bit this year. Through the end of April I was doing so well, I had only purchased about 10 pairs but also got rid of 3 or 4.

But starting in May things got out of control. I’m at over 70 pairs this year. Ten were for gifts, but still. Not good. I wore a dozen. I still haven’t even purchased Infrareds yet, I’d like two pairs.

I was dead set on returning these due to being an impulse purchase -below retail- and thinking they messed up on the description but was pleasantly surprised when they arrived and they were men's shoes.
SI_20201215_220710.jpg
That's a very nice discount. Where are they still available at that price of $140?

Back
Top Bottom