AM90 KISS MY AIRS

IMAGES VIA @thenikedump

110ADAD7-6AA2-467E-B62E-FF11D66E93D3.jpeg
B6C0CA4C-DB5C-4540-8DED-23D3760C00AC.jpeg
F0EA16D9-EEC4-4A36-BD35-F8EA949C9CA0.jpeg
D8D235F9-608B-4F8A-A755-D952F0DA0CCC.jpeg
703A6653-3421-4543-98FD-1DF7C2D32BAD.jpeg
if these had a WHITE midsole they would be FIRE

The shape on the III build is just insane, especially compared to the complete **** Nike was producing on AM90s for the past billion years. I've been wearing my Lasers (which I only even decided to buy after receiving a voucher for a popped pair of Jordan 34 lows) almost every day in some capacity for three months. I bought three pairs of Radiants, and that is easily my favorite colorway of what they're giving us ... but now I wish I had bought another pair of Lasers when they were available at decent discount in my sz 11. Even though I like the Radiants more, they're so bright that they're not something I want to wear all the time. Lasers can be worn with pretty much anything.

I'm so impressed with this retro in general, especially the comfort. Finally, you can really feel the Air again in a pair of retro AMs. So impressed, in fact, that while Silver Bullet 97s are my all-time favorite AM, I'm tempted to sell my DS pair from a few years ago. I have another pair of them I've only worn five times, anyway. It's hard to reach for them over these IIIs just because the comfort discrepancy is so noticeable. I'm sure I won't sell them, but I never thought I'd even think of preferring this model over the 97s.

Last edited:
The shape on the III build is just insane, especially compared to the complete **** Nike was producing on AM90s for the past billion years. I've been wearing my Lasers (which I only even decided to buy after receiving a voucher for a popped pair of Jordan 34 lows) almost every day in some capacity for three months. I bought three pairs of Radiants, and that is easily my favorite colorway of what they're giving us ... but now I wish I had bought another pair of Lasers when they were available at decent discount in my sz 11. Even though I like the Radiants more, they're so bright that they're not something I want to wear all the time. Lasers can be worn with pretty much anything.

I'm so impressed with this retro in general, especially the comfort. Finally, you can really feel the Air again in a pair of retro AMs. So impressed, in fact, that while Silver Bullet 97s are my all-time favorite AM, I'm tempted to sell my DS pair from a few years ago. I have another pair of them I've only worn five times, anyway. It's hard to reach for them over these IIIs just because the comfort discrepancy is so noticeable. I'm sure I won't sell them, but I never thought I'd even think of preferring this model over the 97s.
Totally agree. Takes me back to how Nike used to retro shoes in the late 90’s/early 00’s. Hopefully they revisit the Air Max 1 and get those closer to the originals. I like the anniversaries but they missed out on a few details that would have made them the perfect retro.

Totally agree. Takes me back to how Nike used to retro shoes in the late 90’s/early 00’s. Hopefully they revisit the Air Max 1 and get those closer to the originals. I like the anniversaries but they missed out on a few details that would have made them the perfect retro.
What could nike have done better to the anniversary air max 1's.

What could nike have done better to the anniversary air max 1's.
I feel that around the heel/ankle area should have been a tad bit higher. The shoe also fits a little too narrow. The suede/felt material is too smooth and should have been like what they used on the HOA’s. Unfortunately I no longer own the HOA’s but I remember them being a better retro in terms of comfort and build.

if you do consider selling those silver bullets holla at me. they are definitely bricks compared to am 90s, tho. even the pre-recraft versions are more comfortable than 97s.

tempted to get another pair of lasers too and this thread isn't helping :rofl: even tho I know damn well I can barely wear the pair I have.

if you do consider selling those silver bullets holla at me. they are definitely bricks compared to am 90s, tho. even the pre-recraft versions are more comfortable than 97s.

tempted to get another pair of lasers too and this thread isn't helping :rofl: even tho I know damn well I can barely wear the pair I have.
To your point about the 97s being relative bricks: I bought three pairs of the Silver Bullets when they dropped back in 2017. The first pair I wore a ton for the better part of a year, but just light casual wear. One day I was putting them on and noticed the outsole heel had peeled away from the air bag, and the air bag had deflated. But the thing was, I could barely tell by wearing them that it had deflated. Almost all of the underfoot support seems to come from the pillars inside the bag, and not much from the actual air pressure itself. If I hadn't SEEN and then squeezed the bag to know it was flat, I could've kept wearing them for quite some time without even realizing it. Sent them back to Nike and got a voucher.

To your point about the 97s being relative bricks: I bought three pairs of the Silver Bullets when they dropped back in 2017. The first pair I wore a ton for the better part of a year, but just light casual wear. One day I was putting them on and noticed the outsole heel had peeled away from the air bag, and the air bag had deflated. But the thing was, I could barely tell by wearing them that it had deflated. Almost all of the underfoot support seems to come from the pillars inside the bag, and not much from the actual air pressure itself. If I hadn't SEEN and then squeezed the bag to know it was flat, I could've kept wearing them for quite some time without even realizing it. Sent them back to Nike and got a voucher.
I had several pairs of 97s back in 2018 and can indeed confirm they are bricks. The air sole unit is all for show no flex or give making them stiff and they aren’t even breathable. Sold them all and don’t miss a single one. When it comes to retro AM I’m strictly 90s, 95s, and AM Plus far more comfortable.

I had several pairs of 97s back in 2018 and can indeed confirm they are bricks. The air sole unit is all for show no flex or give making them stiff and they aren’t even breathable. Sold them all and don’t miss a single one. When it comes to retro AM I’m strictly 90s, 95s, and AM Plus far more comfortable.
I hear you, and when I see what the silvers are commanding right now, I'm tempted to dump my DS pair. Thing is, visually it's my favorite AM of all time. Have had many versions of that shoe over the years. It comes around so rarely, it seems, that I'm hesitant to part with it.

Back
Top Bottom