The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Props to the man.

So here's a pic of og Spruce:

Nike-Air-Max-90-OG-Spruce-Hot-Lime-7.jpg

What's he on about @ 1:17 - colour's generally off? I'm trying to work out how they differ..

Close enough for me. It still bugs me that they decided to NOT make this pair as close to the original after 4 pretty damn good retros. But whatever—when they’re on my feet I’m not gonna be thinking about that.

This may be a dumb question, but were the OG Spruces released in the US? We were stationed overseas when I got my pair as a kid and I noticed the insole logo on this retro and the OG. I wasn't sure what it referenced.

Yes mine. Here’s a few more, hopefully this captures it better in a lighter room:

355C01AC-4A7C-470F-97A7-DD64698AAB44.jpeg

0EF438A6-7F14-484B-A04E-793AA8E1F1D3.jpeg

3732D736-9937-4B2C-932A-C6CCE95F4F13.jpeg

nike-air-max-90-1990_.jpg
DSC02112-1.jpg
DSC02113.jpg

I really like them. they have come very close to the og cw, to me more important than the colour of its airbag or outsole. it will never be an og anyway. I appreciate the effort they made in bringing back the og shape ,details and colourways .
these are pictures of two pristine deadstock pair taken in 2008 when they still were closer to new . y'all be the judge, close enough or not ?

So here's a pic of og Spruce:

Nike-Air-Max-90-OG-Spruce-Hot-Lime-7.jpg

What's he on about @ 1:17 - colour's generally off? I'm trying to work out how they differ..

Major differences, as mentioned many times, is the colored air bubble and outsole being the wrong color.

Other than that the hues might be slightly off, but the air bubble and outsole are where Nike butchered these.

I think they did a good job on the spruces and I am very nitpicky when it comes to retros. The shape is the biggest thing for me and they got that correct. Not a big fan of colored air units but it’s minor and not a dealbreaker for me.

Anyone aware of any shops that still have the volt recraft in a US 12? Looking like I’ll need a backup pair and can’t find my size anywhere.

Anyone aware of any shops that still have the volt recraft in a US 12? Looking like I’ll need a backup pair and can’t find my size anywhere.

12 on nike at full price tho

would also check local finish lines, WSS', JD Sports if possible...think I saw them in store the other day.

I know you asked shops, but if you can't find anywhere eBay has a bunch.

Thanks. Trying to avoid eBay though
12 on nike at full price tho

would also check local finish lines, WSS', JD Sports if possible...think I saw them in store the other day.
Thanks! They weren’t there this morning. All of the main sites were sold out of 12’s.

Major differences, as mentioned many times, is the colored air bubble and outsole being the wrong color.

Other than that the hues might be slightly off, but the air bubble and outsole are where Nike butchered these.
Ah that's it. Missed the outsole so thanks for pointing that out. 👍

Back
Top Bottom