The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Only prob with the recrafts and the am iii build is now I don’t wanna go back and get Manchester’s or b sides cuz of the old shape
I never bought a single pair of AM90 retros until now, because of the clunky, bulky shape. I agree with you X10000000.
It's an entirely different shoe with this build. So sleek. If only they would just transfer these specs to all AM90s/IIIs moving forward.
The other annoying thing is, how about just putting forefoot air back in all of them. I want to buy the turquoise recrafts from WSS for $80 right now, but after rocking the hell out of the AMIII laser blues and radiants the past three months, I don't want to feel like I'm missing something. These IIIs are so freaking comfortable. Nike is just lame with this ****, multiple versions of the same damn model.

any photos of those?
wmns-air-max-90-mint-1.jpg

nike-air-max-90-anthracite-white-obsidian-soar-blue-.jpeg

ahh so womens only in the turqs on the previous drop?

speaking from my personal experience... when they dropped the turqs recently, most of the wind was let out of the sails when they were womens only. all the link boys were converting to mens sizes.

naturally, when the mens finally actually dropped... at that point i think most of us had associated it as a womens shoe and didn't actually realize what was going on. i'm just now getting hip to it being a mens colorway in the last week or so. it's a goat colorway but i think nike really shot themselves in the foot with how they rolled it out. were there even any release dates for any of the recrafts or did they just drop em out of the sky?

if you're gonna manufacture a unisex colorway.... then you have to do some kind of marketing. any. the whole unisex thing is a fine line. you can't drop a womens colorway out of the sky and then expect the men to eat it up for resell value when they all think its a womens colorway (for the most part). you trained them to think its a womens colorway.

with that said.... turqs are fuego.

Last edited:
Saw a pair of the v days on reddit with a deformed toe box. Was praying mine wouldn't come in the same.

20210209_150438.jpg

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Just had a quick look on eBay and quite a few pairs seem to have come in like that. Unless the inhand quality is really good the pair I got will probably be going back.

Just had a quick look on eBay and quite a few pairs seem to have come in like that. Unless the inhand quality is really good the pair I got will probably be going back.
Is it fixable? Never done a reshape on a pair before. Sounds like effort to me but they would be a nice pair otherwise.

On the other hand nike are never going to fix the issue if people don't return them.

The right shoe has a full on snout.

Is it fixable? Never done a reshape on a pair before. Sounds like effort to me but they would be a nice pair otherwise.

On the other hand nike are never going to fix the issue if people don't return them.

The right shoe has a full on snout.
I've done quite a few reshapes but never to fix anything like that. I'd be a little apprehensive as there would be a lot of contact with the front of the sole which could have some effect on the glue.

I never bought a single pair of AM90 retros until now, because of the clunky, bulky shape. I agree with you X10000000.
It's an entirely different shoe with this build. So sleek. If only they would just transfer these specs to all AM90s/IIIs moving forward.
The other annoying thing is, how about just putting forefoot air back in all of them. I want to buy the turquoise recrafts from WSS for $80 right now, but after rocking the hell out of the AMIII laser blues and radiants the past three months, I don't want to feel like I'm missing something. These IIIs are so freaking comfortable. Nike is just lame with this ****, multiple versions of the same damn model.
I've worn the recrafts and 3s both a bunch and honestly wouldn't know one had a front bubble and one didn't if not for reading it here. They don't fit exactly the same, but there's no noticeable difference in how cushioning in the front feels.

Back
Top Bottom