The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

I'd wait it out, since the 2010's are the worst quality
I disagree, other than the chipping, theyre a great retro

Compared to the HOA joints and even the latest OG rendition, the 2010s are garbage, IMO.

Flimsy *** laces, almost instant midsole cracking and they replaced the original plastic eye-stays with cheap rubber ones. And the quality of the "leather" on the mudguard is bad, too.

Over the years I've owned 5 pairs of the HOAs (copped 4 at launch) and 4 pairs of the 2010s, and the lone pair of HOAs I have left look 10x better than any of my 2010 pairs. And that's AFTER washing the HOAs in the wash machine a good 5 or 6 times. Try that with the 2010s and you'll end up with a paint-free midsole. :lol:

Also, the infrared color on the HOAs is more true to the original (even though it wasn't called "infrared").

Last edited:
Without a doubt HOA's are better quality but I agree that the 2010 isn't all that bad compared to some of the other releases as of recent

Compared to the HOA joints and even the latest OG rendition, the 2010s are garbage, IMO.

Flimsy *** laces, almost instant midsole cracking and they replaced the original plastic eye-stays with cheap rubber ones. And the quality of the "leather" on the mudguard is bad, too.

Over the years I've owned 5 pairs of the HOAs (copped 4 at launch) and 4 pairs of the 2010s, and the lone pair of HOAs I have left look 10x better than any of my 2010 pairs. And that's AFTER washing the HOAs in the wash machine a good 5 or 6 times. Try that with the 2010s and you'll end up with a paint-free midsole.
laugh.gif

Also, the infrared color on the HOAs is more true to the original (even though it wasn't called "infrared").
The leather mudguard on the OGs is very nice, but the rest of the shoe is trash synthetic. I'd do anything for a REAL suede and leather pair of Infrareds.

The leather mudguard on the OGs is very nice, but the rest of the shoe is trash synthetic. I'd do anything for a REAL suede and leather pair of Infrareds.

I'm with you on that. When's the last time this even happened though? Someone with the originals and first few retro's should chime in on this because I'm pretty sure they've been using synthetic suede on these for a long time. I'm not 100% certain on that though.

Over the years I've owned 5 pairs of the HOAs (copped 4 at launch) and 4 pairs of the 2010s, and the lone pair of HOAs I have left look 10x better than any of my 2010 pairs. And that's AFTER washing the HOAs in the wash machine a good 5 or 6 times. Try that with the 2010s and you'll end up with a paint-free midsole. :lol:

True indeed. Then again, we've been asking for quality materials on retros for a minute now, so there's no surprise there I guess. That's also why I spend most of my time now in the NB thread lol.

I do dig the thicker, plush mesh on the OGs though...if I'm not mistaken, the weave on it is more true to the originals.

Theres been a bit of complaining about the color change on the tapes, here are some side by sides of 05, currents, 10, ds 10, hyperfuse, og and em's...the "infrared" in my opinion is exactly the same as the hyperfuse, og's and ems...and it's pretty close to the others. It does have a more pink tone than the 10's and 05's but it's a pretty slight change...wish I had some 08's, ostriches and 360s, but this is the best I could do....

currents

10 beaters

ds 10

hyperfuse

engineered mesh

2013 og's

group shot

I picked up the Tapes, they're not actually claiming to be Infrared as the official colour listed on the box is Atomic Red.  I guess that explains the difference in colours.

I picked up the Tapes, they're not actually claiming to be Infrared as the official colour listed on the box is Atomic Red.  I guess that explains the difference in colours.
We know, theyve only been called infrared on re releases anyway the original colorway was never infrared....some people seem to be taking offense that the new ones are atomic red...but as per my pictures it looks practically identicle to the last 3 infrareds, which where infrared...

Last edited:

Nike Air Max 90 - 2010 Infrared -- Full Album  -- Video
LOL

I think these videos are hilarious with the spinning, toe taps and little hops lol

**** just makes me laugh, lol

Good quality video tho, it was produced well.

Pretty sure ur joggers are a size too small, and u got some skinny *** ankles fam but keep up the good work lol
why do u think his joggers are too small? theyre supposed to fit like that... lol

Back
Top Bottom