The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

yup.

apparently the solar red liner option is still not available, but is supposedly coming back soon.

bunch of idiots calling them "pink"... same idiots calling the new white / infrared 6's "pink"... cuz they're obviously new jacks and think the varsity red or infrared (which weren't really infrared) 6's from 2010 are the OG color... :lol: they need to go look at actual OG 1991 6's, and they'll see that JB actually got them right, and that is the actual infrared color.

real infrared (or solar red) has some pink hue to it, but they're just a really vibrant red. much better than plain old gym / varsity red, IMO.

they're saying the "Lt Crimson" color option on iD is closer to the indy packs, but from pix i've seen they look more orange than red.

all these people just want the indy pack red cuz that's the one that's hyped. but like i said, if kanye wore the highlighter pack version, that was solar red, they would all be beasting on that color instead, and indy packs woulda kept sitting, and would be another AM90 flop.

the funny thing is a lot of people buy the indy reds cuz they think they're the poor man's red october yeezys, but i own them, and can tell you they're actually solar red / infrared, not plain varisty red (if you hold up the red octobers to the solar red liner on the black / solar yeezys, it's the same exact color)...

Yeah I saw on their twitter that it'll be back in stock next week, I was undecided between solar red or LT crimson. I couldn't find any side by side pictures though, I may just go for the solar red ID's.

I liked the Indy pack when they got released, especially the red and white. I slept on them and now they've blown up all due to Kanye wearing them, makes me mad ha.

Fed up of being priced out of the market for them especially when I see blatant counterfeits selling on eBay for double the retail, it's ridiculous.

Think I'll give up and get the solar red when the sock liner comes back in stock next week (hopefully)

Last edited:
Yeah I saw on their twitter that it'll be back in stock next week, I was undecided between solar red or LT crimson. I couldn't find any side by side pictures though, I may just go for the solar red ID's.

I liked the Indy pack when they got released, especially the red and white. I slept on them and now they've blown up all due to Kanye wearing them, makes me mad ha.

Fed up of being priced out of the market for them especially when I see blatant counterfeits selling on eBay for double the retail, it's ridiculous.

Think I'll give up and get the solar red when the sock liner comes back in stock next week (hopefully)

yeah, trust me, man... the solars will actually POP, and ultimately look better, at least IMO...

all the hype around the indy red is just that, hype.

and i'm not just saying that cuz i don't have the indy pack, cuz again, i had them right in front on me for days b4 kanye wore them, i was debating on them, so i had the finishline tab open for a few days, and decided to pass for retail (even after kanye wore them, lol)... cuz i wanted the highlighter pack solar red pair instead...

there's a million plain red shoes out there like the indy pack (and much better models, for less money), but there's not many all infrared shoes...

i had a pair of the solar iD's in my cart b4 they took away the liner option, so i placed the order, and they're in process... hoping they finish them soon and ship.

when they put the option back up i might even order a 2nd pair.

Last edited:
no... :lol:

i am a huge AM90 fan, have dozens of pairs, and they aren't in the same league as a yeezy, in terms of look or quality.

but i like straps on shoes, so yeezys automatically win for me.

if you're going for the red october look, these indy pack ones aren't the right color.
I'm not really going for a red October look, I don't care for the yeezys and I'm not a Kanye west fan at all. I like the shape of these AM's and the color better than the red yeezys. If I had to pick between the two I'd definitely pick the yeezy though, cash in on the kooks. If they both had zero after market value I'd go AM90 though all day

They're not garbage, they're just the typical Nike QC problems (little excess glue, sloppy midsole paint job, that's about it).

Just that people expect more from such a prolific sneaker that costs $245.

Still very high quality tho, great comfort, etc.

Never on the level of the first Yeezys tho. They are the closest I've seen nike come to an actual luxury shoe.

They're not garbage, they're just the typical Nike QC problems (little excess glue, sloppy midsole paint job, that's about it).

Just that people expect more from such a prolific sneaker that costs $245.

Still very high quality tho, great comfort, etc.

Never on the level of the first Yeezys tho. They are the closest I've seen nike come to an actual luxury shoe.
Yeah, definitely, the hype behind the shoe and the price point can easily translate as very high quality I imagine. So a few standard Nike quality issues could appear amplified. The first yeezys and even just the other cw's of the II looked to be much better at least in terms of materials used.

Last edited:
On the subject of quality, I have to admit, in my eighteen years plus of collecting and having several shelves of Nike's ranging from Air Max's - J's - SB's AF1 collabs, to recent Lebron's and Kobe's along with anything Flyknit, I have to honestly admit that this model below is probably one of the best quality Nike sneakers to drop in quite some time. 

I know a lot of people didn't even have a radar reading of these or even cared about them, but man... I picked up a pair just because of the c/w and was blown away by the overall quality of the shoe. The leather is butter, buttery smooth, soft and supple, like the kind you'd find on premium runners. It's well put together, there's no slop glue, everything is what you'd expect in a product you're shelling over a hundred bucks for. There's no gimmicky tech, but it's a great fit, comfort, and cushion, it's just a classic sneaker for all occassions. It makes me mad holding and putting these on and realizing that Nike can do this, across the board, but they don't, won't, and instead just rush out whatever to the masses because they know it'll be gobbled up regardless. They did it here though, for a soccer inspired shoe... no idea if the usual GR of this model is like this, but this "Jordan Pack" they released is primo.

Last edited:
Also heard quality was crazy nice on those. Looking for the Black/Royals.

It truly is. It's superb man. If you appreciate those fine quality features this set has it. Haha I'm also trying to track down the royal now too. I grabbed the bred ones just to see how it was. Really impressed.

Oh go TTS in these, they run slightly long. TTS as in your brannock measuring device measurement. I half sized down from my usual Nike size and it fits great. Perfect fit, super comfy too.

Last edited:
It truly is. It's superb man. If you appreciate those fine quality features this set has it. Haha I'm also trying to track down the royal now too. I grabbed the bred ones just to see how it was. Really impressed.

Oh go TTS in these, they run slightly long. TTS as in your brannock measuring device measurement. I half sized down from my usual Nike size and it fits great. Perfect fit, super comfy too.

Cool, thanks for the sizing info. I have yet to find either the Black/Red or Black/Royal for retail yet. Hopefully it's not an eBay $200+ thing at this point.

my boy wore his red octobers yesterday and im thinking to myself the whole time that man, they are trash

so i decided im not even gonna try to go after em

rather get a y2 solar

Man finding the Indy Red for a decent price is hell. Plus with fakes going around, it's getting more harder.

Cool, thanks for the sizing info. I have yet to find either the Black/Red or Black/Royal for retail yet. Hopefully it's not an eBay $200+ thing at this point.
Undefeated released their stash today at 135, but it's always a crapshoot trying to grab it online from them. They still have some of the breds and the chi's left but the royal's are out. getting it in cart is tricky unless they haven't updated their site. I think some other shops might release too, as they're dropping little by little at various boutiques but they go fast. So far from what I noticed the Royals go first, then the Breds, the Chi's sat a bit longer. PM your size to me and I'll see if the spots I looked still have your size.

What's up everybody! So here goes my first post on Nike Talk. So I picked up the AM90 ICE Gym Reds recently and I've noticed some QC issues. The Nike Air branding has already started to come off after wearing them for one day. I'm kinda upset but whatcha gonna do?
It's what it is man.

On the subject of quality, I have to admit, in my eighteen years plus of collecting and having several shelves of Nike's ranging from Air Max's - J's - SB's AF1 collabs, to recent Lebron's and Kobe's along with anything Flyknit, I have to honestly admit that this model below is probably one of the best quality Nike sneakers to drop in quite some time. 

I know a lot of people didn't even have a radar reading of these or even cared about them, but man... I picked up a pair just because of the c/w and was blown away by the overall quality of the shoe. The leather is butter, buttery smooth, soft and supple, like the kind you'd find on premium runners. It's well put together, there's no slop glue, everything is what you'd expect in a product you're shelling over a hundred bucks for. There's no gimmicky tech, but it's a great fit, comfort, and cushion, it's just a classic sneaker for all occassions. It makes me mad holding and putting these on and realizing that Nike can do this, across the board, but they don't, won't, and instead just rush out whatever to the masses because they know it'll be gobbled up regardless. They did it here though, for a soccer inspired shoe... no idea if the usual GR of this model is like this, but this "Jordan Pack" they released is primo.
i had a feeling just from the photos that those were going to be at the very least quite robust.  I should not have passed on these.

yup.

apparently the solar red liner option is still not available, but is supposedly coming back soon.

bunch of idiots calling them "pink"... same idiots calling the new white / infrared 6's "pink"... cuz they're obviously new jacks and think the varsity red or infrared (which weren't really infrared) 6's from 2010 are the OG color... :lol: they need to go look at actual OG 1991 6's, and they'll see that JB actually got them right, and that is the actual infrared color.

real infrared (or solar red) has some pink hue to it, but they're just a really vibrant red. much better than plain old gym / varsity red, IMO.

they're saying the "Lt Crimson" color option on iD is closer to the indy packs, but from pix i've seen they look more orange than red.

all these people just want the indy pack red cuz that's the one that's hyped. but like i said, if kanye wore the highlighter pack version, that was solar red, they would all be beasting on that color instead, and indy packs woulda kept sitting, and would be another AM90 flop.

the funny thing is a lot of people buy the indy reds cuz they think they're the poor man's red october yeezys, but i own them, and can tell you they're actually solar red / infrared, not plain varisty red (if you hold up the red octobers to the solar red liner on the black / solar yeezys, it's the same exact color)...

Is that solar red lining really coming back next week? When I ordered 2 pairs of all white IDs, I tried buying the all solar red too but obviously couldn't. Definitely making them again if it really is coming back

Anyone know a website that has Nike Air max shoes for good prices, I'm not trying to pay rape reseller prices... Can anyone help me?

Im looking for Air Max's that came out in the early 2000's or just some rare finds.  something you don't see a lot of 

Back
Top Bottom