The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

View media item 870174
What do you guys think about these ID's? Was lurking on instagram trying to find more lt crimson/solar pictures and came across these. The lunarlon midsole adds a little flavor to if and doesn't quite scream "independence day" lol or do you guys prefer the regular midsole?

What do you guys think about these ID's? Was lurking on instagram trying to find more lt crimson/solar pictures and came across these. The lunarlon midsole adds a little flavor to if and doesn't quite scream "independence day" lol or do you guys prefer the regular midsole?
I prefer the regular OG midsole personally but those don't look too bad either. I'm sure they are comfortable though.

Last edited:
"Solar Reds" came in. Quality on point and no glue stains like other people said.

With that said -- I don't know who at Nike said this color was solar red, but they need to be shot cause its not. if you wanna call this color anything it should be called Solar Pinkish. Its nothing like the pictures/videos in this thread its more of pepto pink/orange color. Doesn't look anything like red. Don't let the pictures fool you. Waiting for some sunlight tomorrow but these will most likely go back.

As for how my pictures came out -- I couldn't capture the color -- it keeps coming out either more red than it is or more orange than it is. Either way its not red to me.
View media item 870501View media item 870502
VS

View media item 870519

Last edited:
Just put in an order for the LT crimson....another 5 weeks until delivery lets see how those turns out.

"Solar Reds" came in. Quality on point and no glue stains like other people said.

With that said -- I don't know who at Nike said this color was solar red, but they need to be shot cause its not. if you wanna call this color anything it should be called Solar Pinkish. Its nothing like the pictures/videos in this thread its more of pepto pink/orange color. Doesn't look anything like red. Don't let the pictures fool you. Waiting for some sunlight tomorrow but these will most likely go back.

As for how my pictures came out -- I couldn't capture the color -- it keeps coming out either more red than it is or more orange than it is. Either way its not red to me.

VS
if you put the nikeId pic next to your bottom pic, it's very similar and semi-true to color.

View media item 870501
View media item 870502

VS

View media item 870519
if you put the nikeId pic next to your bottom pic, it's very similar and semi-true to color.

True but the pictures don't really show how it is. The NikeID picture looks more red than it really is. I just saw a video of someone who got these on youtube he said the samething i said they more pink/orange than red or solar red.

Found the video

Last edited:

VS

View media item 870519

Those look dope!!!

Jus got my solar red ids. Them ***** look terrible. I'm returning, glue stains and all.

Have you tried removing them? Nike QC is garbage, I've a had a few pair of mine come with glue stains but got them off easy enough with an eraser.

Is that the only thing you're not happy with? How about the colour?

Last edited:
@Juaninzze Youtube video he linked shows the real color of them, they are more oange/pink-ish red that solar red IMO.

I still like my pair and it came in quick! Ordered on Nike ID pair on 2/24, they started on them on 2/25 and were done on 3/9 and shipped on 3/10 and got to me by 3/14! THE FASTEST NIKE ID'S I EVER HAD MADE!

Jus got my solar red ids. Them ***** look terrible. I'm returning, glue stains and all.
Have you tried removing them? Nike QS is garbage, I've a had a few pair of mine come with glue stains but got them off easy enough with an eraser.

@batmanred Nike can always do a FREE remake for you and you can wear and use the current pair until the new pair comes in and return the 1st pair. It happens a lot and I have had that done before too.

@Aidy06 The color is a mix of orange, pink, and red, it's not SOLAR RED.

New as a NT poster but been collecting since 2004. I ordered the all LT Crimson Hyperfuse and this is how they turned out. Definitely red but in certain lighting it can be a little orange, sometimes a little pink but not so much as the solar reds. You can refer to the Nike Fuelband SE+ crimson Colorway for the little tint of orange I'm talking about. I'll post more pics later on if you guys wish. This pic was taken with flash in a dimly lot room . View media item 870693

New as a NT poster but been collecting since 2004. I ordered the all LT Crimson Hyperfuse and this is how they turned out. Definitely red but in certain lighting it can be a little orange, sometimes a little pink but not so much as the solar reds. You can refer to the Nike Fuelband SE+ crimson Colorway for the little tint of orange I'm talking about. I'll post more pics later on if you guys wish. This pic was taken with flash in a dimly lot room . View media item 870693

Nice! Would love to see some more pictures if you don't mind?

I'm liking the Crimsons but the pop and vibrancy of the Solar looks so good.

how do y'all not realize by now that solar red basically is infrared.

have y'all never seen the solar lebron 8's?

they are a bright highlighter red, with pink, and orange hues to them in different lighting (same as true infrared).

to some of us, that's what we PREFER, instead of plain, flat, boring varsity / gym red...

that pink / highlighter aspect of the color in certain lights is what gives them the POP some of us are looking for.

plain red is loud, but solar red is much louder.

View media item 870756
View media item 870758
View media item 870759
View media item 870760

Last edited:
ID'd all red air maxes like dude did on last page. I understood they werent going to look like the independence pack so im cool with it.

still dont understand why so many are so hyped up over an all red 90.

obviously i understand the whole kanye thing and the indy pack etc.

but c'mon are you serious if the indy pack still only went for retail at resell or less. NONE of you would be interested in them or the solars. and dont give me that 'yeah i would man got nuthin to do with kanye or hype i wear what i like' if thats the case why didnt you do this before..

i'll freely, gladly, admit it was Ye who turned me onto all red shoes with his all red louis vuitton don's back in '09... but i passed on them, and grabbed this all red AM1 back in 2010 as a cheaper alternative.

View media item 870806
but when the indy pack released, i didn't feel like i needed another all red shoe, at least not a plain red shoe... especially with a flag on the tongue, not my thang at all.

did want the highlighter pack version tho, cuz that solar red pops.

luckily we can just make them on iD now, so i don't have to pay dumb prices for 'em.

@Juaninzze

I still like my pair and it came in quick! Ordered on Nike ID pair on 2/24, they started on them on 2/25 and were done on 3/9 and shipped on 3/10 and got to me by 3/14! THE FASTEST NIKE ID'S I EVER HAD MADE!

this pisses me off cuz i ordered mine the day b4 you and mine aren't expected to ship until april 1st...

i already called and got a discount code for the delay tho, so screw it.

Have you tried removing them? Nike QC is garbage, I've a had a few pair of mine come with glue stains but got them off easy enough with an eraser.

I'm not happy with the entire shoe. Black marks all over the shoe. The color is pink, I'm gonna return and go for the lt crimson.

Not even gonna lie, bought them right after I struck out on the RO Y2s... Solar is closer to the Red October red than Crimson is, so I don't really care if they match up with the Independence Day pack.

VS

View media item 870519

Just put in an order for the LT crimson....another 5 weeks until delivery lets see how those turns out.

I was sold on the solar reds until I saw this photo. They look really pink in that picture. I'm just gonna order and see how they come, I'm tired of deliberating. I'm not buying them because I want them to match the Indy reds, which I own. I just want a pair to beat, but I want actual solar red - not whatever color the Juaninzee's appear to be, cus it looks straight up pink. Best way to tell is in hand, so I hope I'm not disappointed and I hope the Lt. crimson option is still available if I have to return these.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom