The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

20201117_235415.jpg

If you know you know

Doubled up on the Infras today (GTown Nike store still has them in stock). Last time I bought an extra pair of the same shoe was the Infra AM90s in 2010, which ironically enough, I just sold yesterday to fund my extra 2020 pair. I’ll call it retained earnings, to feel a little bit better about myself...

A20E9A08-3F45-4401-A8A0-FE46A1F9250C.jpeg

Doubled up on the Infras today (GTown Nike store still has them in stock). Last time I bought an extra pair of the same shoe was the Infra AM90s in 2010, which ironically enough, I just sold yesterday to fund my extra 2020 pair. I’ll call it retained earnings, to feel a little bit better about myself...

You an accountant too? I was just thinking about this as I also have shoes that’s just sitting in my closet. If you bought one Nike stock in Nov 2010 for around $120, it would be worth $500 now. Oh well.

You an accountant too? I was just thinking about this as I also have shoes that’s just sitting in my closet. If you bought one Nike stock in Nov 2010 for around $120, it would be worth $500 now. Oh well.

Just had to take a few semesters of accounting in grad school, but far from a GAAP guru.

Wow neat observation, pretty eye-opening in the context of resellers ‘investing in’ sneakers. If only they opened brokerage accounts instead, the markets would’ve treating them much better and with way less effort (especially considering how cheap most stocks were after the 08 crisis).

Guess snatching up sneakers and selling them on eBay or StockX is viewed as more accessible to some folks, but really, a little bit of financial literacy can go a long way (speaking for myself, but imagine others can relate).

In other words, wish I was savvy enough back then in 2010 as I am now, prob would’ve made a killing...

Just had to take a few semesters of accounting in grad school, but far from a GAAP guru.

Wow neat observation, pretty eye-opening in the context of resellers ‘investing in’ sneakers. If only they opened brokerage accounts instead, the markets would’ve treating them much better and with way less effort (especially considering how cheap most stocks were after the 08 crisis).

Guess snatching up sneakers and selling them on eBay or StockX is viewed as more accessible to some folks, but really, a little bit of financial literacy can go a long way (speaking for myself, but imagine others can relate).

In other words, wish I was savvy enough back then in 2010 as I am now, prob would’ve made a killing...
Its not as crazy as it sounds, honestly. Theres a lot of shoes that you can "invest" in that are almost guaranteed to have 50% or more increase in value in 12-18 months. You can't really say the same with many stocks. The sneaker market is just easier to predict. Take the Mocha AJ1. $350 right now. It'll easily be $500+ in 12-18 months. That's almost 50% increase in 12-18 months. Its sounds insane to "invest" in sneakers but its a much easier market to predict. Im not saying I have half my portfolio in sneakers or anything but it does make sense to invest in certain shoes. Not just super hyped shoes. Stuff like am1 Curry were $80 at one point in 2019. You could have bought 100 of them. Now they are $200-250. Thats 300% return in 18 months. So yea 400% growth over 10 years for Nike stock is awesome but the actual shoes increase at a much higher rate of return.

Its not as crazy as it sounds, honestly. Theres a lot of shoes that you can "invest" in that are almost guaranteed to have 50% or more increase in value in 12-18 months. You can't really say the same with many stocks. The sneaker market is just easier to predict. Take the Mocha AJ1. $350 right now. It'll easily be $500+ in 12-18 months. That's almost 50% increase in 12-18 months. Its sounds insane to "invest" in sneakers but its a much easier market to predict. Im not saying I have half my portfolio in sneakers or anything but it does make sense to invest in certain shoes. Not just super hyped shoes. Stuff like am1 Curry were $80 at one point in 2019. You could have bought 100 of them. Now they are $200-250. Thats 300% return in 18 months. So yea 400% growth over 10 years for Nike stock is awesome but the actual shoes increase at a much higher rate of return.
I hear you and agree with you but I don’t buy shoes to resell. Actually just ended up selling most of my shoe collection just cause they were just collecting dusts and I had no intentions of wearing them. Also, they were getting to the point of being unwearable. Just stupid on my part to buy shoes just to say I have them. Just over compensating for not being able to have them/parents can’t afford them growing up.

Restock On Nike’s Fella’s Go!!!
did they really restock on Nike?

I grabbed a pair on FTA restock

regarding my snkrs pair that got delivered to the wrong address, I thought it was a almost neighboring but it turns out it's about 25 miles away 🤷‍♂️

so the other night I knocked on the wrong door

the area it supposedly got delivered too is pretty much mostly farms and land...very rural

UPS stopped at their house a few times over the past couple of days and nobody answered...likely cause they potentially work in the day

I wrote a letter today and mailed it to the address asking them to contact me 🤷‍♂️

Good looking out...I kept missing them bit Gtown was a score.

Back
Top Bottom