The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

You'll notice the Coral 90s are actually coral/salmon and not pink like the current "coral" release. Nike REALLY messed up this release....

Boon Magazine Air Max III:

Boon_Air_Max_III.jpg

Feel like this scan just needs to be posted every 20 pages or so. Don’t get tired seeing it.

Apparently those laser blues were going for $299 USD (¥29800), assuming inflation back to 1990. Wild. Digging that shade of blue more than lighter blue they use now (likely just the age of the shoes and/or quality of the scan).
Nahh..., those prices aren’t MSRP and it had nothing to do w/ inflation. Those were basically parallel imported items, so the shops that imported em could set their prices whatever they wanted to charge.

You'll notice the Coral 90s are actually coral/salmon and not pink like the current "coral" release. Nike REALLY messed up this release....
No, without being disrespectful ,I must disagree:
they did a very good job on this one and the max III release in general.
the hot corals in that book is a used pair with dirty mesh and washed out dirty hot coral, my pair is a lot older but at least is deadstock and I tried my best to preserve the colour on these.
in real life they even look closer ,the og's have darkened a bit with age, reflecting less light, making the colours slightly darker and less vibrant on the og's ,nevertheless very very similar.
sure ,it has painted airbags , the inner lining is white instead of og grey and the insole is not hot coral but the same colour they used on the eggplant, but other than that , it is surprisingly close to the og .
absolutely one of the finest retro's Nike has ever made, if I am allowed to say.

DSC_1024.JPG

Anyone hear of shopsportive.com? Seems like they have stores in Florida but the website looks sketchy. They have some 90s and want to cop but not sure about the site

the hot corals in that book is a used pair with dirty mesh and washed out dirty hot coral, my pair is a lot older but at least is deadstock and I tried my best to preserve the colour on these.
in real life they even look closer ,the og's have darkened a bit with age, reflecting less light, making the colours slightly darker and less vibrant on the og's ,nevertheless very very similar.
sure ,it has painted airbags , the inner lining is white instead of og grey and the insole is not hot coral but the same colour they used on the eggplant, but other than that , it is surprisingly close to the og .
absolutely one of the finest retro's Nike has ever made, if I am allowed to say.

I agree, the colour in the Boon magazine does not represent the colour they actually where. The 2020-retro's do a good job but the color on the swoosh and on the inside of the tongue should be a little brighter to pop more. In 1991 you would notice them at the streets in an eyewink due to the bright color, the 2020-retro's do not have that eyecatching vibe.

Nike_Max_III.jpg

VS
Nike_Max_III_Retro.jpg

Last edited:

DSC_1024.JPG
Those infrareds looks amazing in color; or maybe it aged well. Are the radiant reds similar? All the reviews I have watched show a different color so its hard to tell

Back
Top Bottom