THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

My opinion is probably biased since this is the Kobe thread and all, but Kobe's line for Nike had both aesthetic and performance while LeBron's is more on the performance side. All of LeBron's shoes look bulky as sht and the Kobe's looked sleek.

Hopefully the Giannis line goes the Kobe route since he rocks with the lowtop Kobes.

I agree Kobe's are the best aesthetic as well as performance. Lebrons have always been too big, bulky, heavy looking.

Exactly, the Lebrons are bulky, the Kyries look kiddish, and the KDs have such a bland and uninspiring design.

How about the PG's though?
I agree as mentioned above. I like the PG, but I havent copped any. Where i'm from i'm known as the Kobe man. I rocks nothing but KB824 ya feel me? Even my page is devoted to only Kobe's. While other sneaker IG pages are gaining followers for all sigs and brands, my following is only for Kobe's. Imagine if I went all kicks, and started posting all types of kicks? 'd have over 100K followers. But naw i'm good lol I own 140 Kobe's and counting. I'll stay here. I used to be into the Jordands when I was a teen and early adult but left that movement in the early 2000's. Sorry for ranting lol

Honestly, PG doesn't seem like a Nike signature shoe type player - if that makes any sense.
Naw, doesn't really make sense lol. It's a decent shoe. My son has a pair and he likes them but he wears Kobe's more often to play in.

The 1's look cheap in person to me. Just a bunch of different materials thrown together and they don't flow well
Not to me. They fly asf.

Gotta change it up. Can't have the strap on every model
I hate kicks with straps and if the next Kobe 360 had straps i'd miss them altogether and wouldn't cop.

The past two years I've bough or tried just about every Nike signature basketball shoe...except the KD 10.

IMO, the Kobe line is still number 1 as far as overall performance on court...great fit, traction and good to decent cushioning. Aesthetically they have been kind of boring though lol.

I find that the Lebron/KD line (against the last 2 years so the LBJ 14/15 and the KD 9/10) both have weird sizing issues, decent to mediocre traction, and are kind of made for specific types of feet or players.

The Kyrie/PG line both have great fits, traction but suffer from average to below cushioning set ups.
^ This guy knows what he's talking about lol ^ ^ except the aesthetics part of Kobe's. I still think they're the dopest looking and performance wise.

I saw in the KD X thread that they're all on sale in foot locker which means they're having trouble selling. Very happy to see that.
PASS like a John Stockton assist

Lol. The kd look good, but I’m not a fan KD as person personally. So I wouldn’t rock em.
B780991A-9ACE-484F-A30D-F5D5712989E1.png

I need these BHM soilders 11s asap. I hope nike release them. Thank god I didn’t pull the trigger today in the BHM Lebron xv. Cause I was gonna when my replacement credit card came in. Lol.

I freaking hate straps with a passion. Any kick with a strap reminds me of these
common-projects-three-strap-leather-sneakers-03-320x213.jpg

The straps get old, dirty/dusty and just stops strapping for lack of a better word. Now they adding more straps, looking like a back pack

s-l1000.jpg

The Kobe 2 had straps, and they're definitely one of my least fave Kobe's.

LOL, yo I like the way the recent Kobe models look...but I think that they’re somewhat boring compared to some of the colorways they’ve given us from the KB line (chaos, Grinch, playoff POP, etc) in the past. They set the standard soooo high

I freaking hate straps with a passion. Any kick with a strap reminds me of these
common-projects-three-strap-leather-sneakers-03-320x213.jpg

The straps get old, dirty/dusty and just stops strapping for lack of a better word. Now they adding more straps, looking like a back pack

s-l1000.jpg

The Kobe 2 had straps, and they're definitely one of my least fave Kobe's.

We all have preferences, but the straps helps me since my shoe lace tying skills aren’t great. Plus I get great lock down feel when I strap them tight. Not for everyone but definitely great for the person who might have disability. Which the lebron soilder line is meant for. They always had straps or a combination of laces & straps. I’ll you this though the strap Velcro still works well like when I first got them. So the quality is top notch.

Last edited:
Like you not a fan of straps, not a fan of high cut shoes. They look okay but I know it’s a photoshop.

I like high cut, but will not hoop in them. I'll wear casually with the right outfit lol

Hightop Kobe's restrict my lateral mobility on the court. I remember when hooping in the 9 elite highs i had that problem because there was too much material and went too high.

I’ve been waiting for the NXT to hit $100 for a minute. They were $120 last year, but now I see them for $160-180. What gives? Even certain colorways of the AD Mids have already dropped below $100.

I’ve been waiting for the NXT to hit $100 for a minute. They were $120 last year, but now I see them for $160-180. What gives? Even certain colorways of the AD Mids have already dropped below $100.

maybe just my area, but i got the white nxt for around 90, and just a couple months ago copped a red pair of nxt for around 66 from nfs at saratoga, ca

I got my nxt for $120 at footlocker back in early October.

You can find them for $100 or less at the Nike outlets if your lucky to find your size.

Also mindmarathon mindmarathon
6C0ECC5B-DF78-4336-879A-8871B831DB28.png

Free shipping but jimmyjazz have discoount codes to bring the price down even more.

maybe just my area, but i got the white nxt for around 90, and just a couple months ago copped a red pair of nxt for around 66 from nfs at saratoga, ca
Damn that was a steal for the red pair of NXT. I want to triple up on those. I already have 1 pair.

Back
Top Bottom