THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Most humans will look a that yellow & purple shoe and say it's "Lakers" colors. Doesn't matter the hue nor the shade, it's a "Lakers" colored shoe.

Andt the fact that it's on Kobe's shoe.

Somebody said that if it's a random shade of red , blue, and white, would it be a Pistons colorway? No. But if Blake Griffin had a shoe and those were the colors, then yeah it's most likely a Pistons colorway.

Somebody said that if it's a random shade of red , blue, and white, would it be a Pistons colorway? No. But if Blake Griffin had a shoe and those were the colors, then yeah it's most likely a Pistons colorway.

Exactly.

Even more direct, yellow and purple are "Lakers" colors. If any shoe has those two distinct colors it's pretty much a "Lakers" colorway.
The shoes below are "Lakers" colors. Not sure if they match the Lakers jersey perfectly but it doesn't matter, they're "Lakers" colors.

air-jordan-kobe-pack-multi-color-multi-color-2016-pe-kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-air-jordan-3-retro-kobe-air-jordan-8-retro-kobe-all-star-remastered-steve-jaconetta-ajordanxi-1.jpg

If I had a coffee mug that was purple and yellow, that mug would be said that have Lakers colors.

How that's even up for discussion is weird :rofl:

Or a Clippers colorway on clearance

Exactly.

Even more direct, yellow and purple are "Lakers" colors. If any shoe has those two distinct colors it's pretty much a "Lakers" colorway.
The shoes below are "Lakers" colors. Not sure if they match the Lakers jersey perfectly but it doesn't matter, they're "Lakers" colors.

air-jordan-kobe-pack-multi-color-multi-color-2016-pe-kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-air-jordan-3-retro-kobe-air-jordan-8-retro-kobe-all-star-remastered-steve-jaconetta-ajordanxi-1.jpg

If I had a coffee mug that was purple and yellow, that mug would be said that have Lakers colors.

How that's even up for discussion is weird :rofl:

Because, that is not what the main point was. Some of us understand what a team's actual colors are. Some of us don't like this banana shade of yellow Nike has decided to associate with the Lakers very recently for whatever reason. Yes, plenty of people see a purple and yellow shoe, and they think “Lakers.” That doesn’t mean the colors are correct. Since when are many of us who spend time on a site like this "most people"? “Most people” think a pair of Spizikes is an actual Air Jordan and don’t see any meaningful difference between it and an Air Jordan V …

The Kobe PE IIIs you posted are a good example. They are a hell of a lot more accurate in reflecting the Lakers’ historically correct—for decades—colors. THAT was the original point, not whether or not, generally speaking, a purple/yellow colorway would be considered or called a Lakers colorway. Obviously that will always be the case. But just because someone on the Celtics wears a shoe made for Michigan State doesn’t mean the shade of green is actually correct for the Celtics. But since Nike seems to have made a mess of this year's Lakers uniforms, it only makes sense to produce this ugly banana yellow version of the 360, too.

This "Yellow Strike" is different from the "Amarillo" used on the Lakers Icon Nike jerseys.

Need to go back to university gold, canon gold or maybe del sol.

Because, that is not what the main point was. Some of us understand what a team's actual colors are. Some of us don't like this banana shade of yellow Nike has decided to associate with the Lakers very recently for whatever reason. Yes, plenty of people see a purple and yellow shoe, and they think “Lakers.” That doesn’t mean the colors are correct. Since when are many of us who spend time on a site like this "most people"? “Most people” think a pair of Spizikes is an actual Air Jordan and don’t see any meaningful difference between it and an Air Jordan V …

The Kobe PE IIIs you posted are a good example. They are a hell of a lot more accurate in reflecting the Lakers’ historically correct—for decades—colors. THAT was the original point, not whether or not, generally speaking, a purple/yellow colorway would be considered or called a Lakers colorway. Obviously that will always be the case. But just because someone on the Celtics wears a shoe made for Michigan State doesn’t mean the shade of green is actually correct for the Celtics. But since Nike seems to have made a mess of this year's Lakers uniforms, it only makes sense to produce this ugly banana yellow version of the 360, too.

The shoes below are "Lakers" colorways. I don't need to hold them up to any Lakers jersey to come to that conclusion.

Nike-Air-Max-Uptempo-Lakers-Available-Now-Under-Retail-1.png

the-nike-air-flight-huarache-lakers-is-available-now-1.jpg

Celtic green isn't as defining as the Lakers colorway. I can't think of any other colors that immediately associate with a team as much as the Lakers.

If you chose any other teams colors you'd might have a a point.

The shoes below are "Lakers" colorways. I don't need to hold them up to any Lakers jersey to come to that conclusion.

Nike-Air-Max-Uptempo-Lakers-Available-Now-Under-Retail-1.png

the-nike-air-flight-huarache-lakers-is-available-now-1.jpg

Celtic green isn't as defining as the Lakers colorway. I can't think of any other colors that immediately associate with a team as much as the Lakers.

If you chose any other teams colors you'd might have a a point.

This is the last thing I'm saying on this; please stop trying to argue with me over little examples that are beside the point (I should have chose a different team than the Celtics, etc.) The point is the same. The shoes you posted here, I have them and never had nor do I have one complaint about the colors. There is no disputing they are far closer to traditional Lakers colors than these 360s. Your very statement that you can't think of any other colors that you immediately associate with a team as much as you do the Lakers—I would think with that being the case, you'd care even more about Nike getting those colors right. Clearly you and several others do not, so more power to you. I hope you enjoy your banana yellow and light purple Lakers 360s when you get them. I’m moving on to something better :lol:

I gotta unds those huaraches this summer
I love those things, have two pairs. Same with the OG white/blue/purple. One of my favorite shoes of all time. Wish Nike would do some more colorways, like the white/red/black pair Pip wore.

This is the last thing I'm saying on this; please stop trying to argue with me over little examples that are beside the point (I should have chose a different team than the Celtics, etc.) The point is the same. The shoes you posted here, I have them and never had nor do I have one complaint about the colors. There is no disputing they are far closer to traditional Lakers colors than these 360s. Your very statement that you can't think of any other colors that you immediately associate with a team as much as you do the Lakers—I would think with that being the case, you'd care even more about Nike getting those colors right. Clearly you and several others do not, so more power to you. I hope you enjoy your banana yellow and light purple Lakers 360s when you get them. I’m moving on to something better :lol:

You're making me question if this is even a Kobe shoe now. :nerd:

K :rofl:

You're making me question if this is even a Kobe shoe now. :nerd:

When I look at that shoe, I don't see Kobe's features. At this point any shoe that's Kobe's should actually have some of his traits. His eyebrows, his smile. The shoe looks nothing like him so it's definitely not a "Kobe" shoe.

K :rofl:

When I look at that shoe, I don't see Kobe's features. At this point any shoe that's Kobe's should actually have some of his traits. His eyebrows, his smile. The shoe looks nothing like him so it's definitely not a "Kobe" shoe.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's what it's about, we can all have fun and laugh! :lol:

It's all good, dude. I don't ever get in "real" fights on NT. We all love shoes, but they're just shoes. If people don't get where I was coming from about the colors, it's not that serious LOL.

Back
Top Bottom