THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Last edited:
Idk if these will hit ID. I mean the Lebron 15's never hit ID and those are less expensive than these. They'd have to charge at the least $275

Idk if these will hit ID. I mean the Lebron 15's never hit ID and those are less expensive than these. They'd have to charge at the least $275

With the old iD (AD) currently on clearance for $161.97 (that's actually the price), we should find out real soon. This seems to be last call for those mid ADs.

If it's not profitable enough for them to put it on the iD platform, it's their own fault. It's a little too overpriced at $200.

I don't see Nike going w/o posting a new Lebron or Kobe on iD for too long. If for no other reason than they're both big marketing for Nike. Kinda like the Mustang is for Ford. They're not even going to be really producing cars anymore (just trucks/suvs), but they're still going to make the Mustang because it's so identifiable with Ford. They have to have at least a couple signatures on iD (unless they're doing away with iD).

As for Kobes, I think most of us assume the next iD will be the 360. Never know. It could be the Protro 1. That would likely be under $200. I don't think they put somewhat updated 'Protro' tech in that 1 for just a couple retros.

This.

The FK used on the 360 is so minimal but conforms to the users foot over time. For me the lighter the better without compromising structural lateral/medial support. The React midsole is arguably the element that let's the shoe get away with a minimal FK weave.

All the components in the shoe all work together. Overcompensate in one department and then under-compensate in another etc.

As I said before, a solid rubber outsole will likely ruin the balance, most likely flexibility and weight.

I've clocked about 20-30hrs in my 360s and aside from the traction, the fit and conformity are there. The traction is poor, unless the court is squeaky clean. Nubs have already worn down or have ripped off completely. This is my only gripe. $200 is a premium to pay for traction that may only last a few hard wears.

Nike needs to wake up in that department. Was this the last component considered in the design phase? What's wrong with a tried and tested traditional herringbone outsole? What about strong rubber, albeit translucent? Longer nubs?

Flyknit sneakers in general...

It's not criticism, but I'm not sure how some of you can judge the fit of a flyknit sneaker by trying it on, or wearing it once or twice. Maybe I'm weird, but flyknit sneakers are kinda like fitted hats for me. They don't fit great until at least 10 or 15 wears. I've had pairs of flyknit sneakers that were pretty poor fits the first couple times worn and later on became perfect.

If you remember when flyknit first came out, I think some Nike stores offered 'steaming' them as a service for a good fit. It makes sense as the more I wear flyknit sneakers, I think the use, body temp, moisture, etc, give it a fitting form over time.

They will take this tech and make it better for next year and it will be on other models and cheaper. Kobe’s are always using the newest tech and we pay the premium for it. Look at the Kobe 9. First to use Flyknit (although not full Flyknit) on a basketball sneaker. A few years later it’s the norm.

Mamba Days for $197 shipped (after VAT exclusion) only 3 sizes left (8,9,10)

Make sure to choose size from UK drop down, their system doesnt update to US after checkout for some reason.

https://www.prodirectbasketball.com...-Kobe-AD-Next-360-Black-AQ1087001-180003.aspx

Kept this link secret until I flipped my pairs, sorry NT, I know it's a scumbag move. :smh:

EDIT: I think the 10 might be out of stock.

Trying so hard to convince myself not to pull the trigger. :rolleyes

i'm probably the super minority here but went to footlocker and looked at a pair of lakers 360 for the first time, colors were awesome, but the knit def felt like heavy duty gauze, outsole felt like pool shoes. i guess i have to try it out for myself and not based just on looks.

on a side note, anyone knows how to break in a pair of protros besides hooping in it for a while...i was thinking about doing the same thing i would do to break in softball glove, oil the toebox and upper fo the protros, then use a wooden thingy and beat on it till it gets softer????

i'm probably the super minority here but went to footlocker and looked at a pair of lakers 360 for the first time, colors were awesome, but the knit def felt like heavy duty gauze, outsole felt like pool shoes. i guess i have to try it out for myself and not based just on looks.

on a side note, anyone knows how to break in a pair of protros besides hooping in it for a while...i was thinking about doing the same thing i would do to break in softball glove, oil the toebox and upper fo the protros, then use a wooden thingy and beat on it till it gets softer????
Walk in them? Leather isn’t that stiff is it?

20180610181755_original.jpg

20180610181753_original.jpg

20180610181752_original.jpg

20180610181756_original.jpg

20180610181754_original.jpg

deciding between laker pair and the grey multis lol

they would of looked 1000000 times better if it was black - volt and multicolor though

I went TTS and thought the 360's felt too loose and open in the toe area. Went .5 size down and thought it was too tight. Wore them around a but and a couple runs in them now they fit extremely well. Happy I went half size down.

Back
Top Bottom